PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure ST Matthew Slater announces retirement

With the retirements and cuts, the team will be younger going forward. That is a good thing.

Great leader and great person. Amazing BB kept a roster spot all these years for a player that only played ST….but he was good! Not sure how many other teams do that! Thanks Slater…and Best of luck in retirement!

buh bye, seems like a good human, but sucked on the field for the last several seasons
He definitely lost a step the past 3 seasons and perhaps we could have used that roster spot ….but he was one of the best team leaders ever ….i was hoping 3 seasons ago or so that he would retire and sign on as a coach

I love Slater.....epitomized the Patriot Way....As previously said...Easterly replacement...please.

I'm not a Twitter user so I can't tell if your trying to point out what Reiss is saying or the other guy. Maybe if you haven't been running around bashing everything I'd give you the benefit of the doubt but it seems like your hating on Slater too?

Unfortunately probably not we can't even get Rodney in. The Hall of Fame does not like the Patriots.

Edit: Steve102 pointed out this is red Jacket not Gold lol. Absolutely getting Red and I for one would consider him for a gold one but not a lock and I'm still just pissed Rodney isn't in.
Big fan of Rodney, but he's not getting in because of 1) dirty reputation and 2) HGH. Too much to overcome.

Sadly, I'm not someone who is/was able to fully appreciate the nuance of Slater's overall contribution to the game (except that incredible leadership), but I hope he can get the Gold jacket, however remote those chances may be.

Big fan of Rodney, but he's not getting in because of 1) dirty reputation and 2) HGH. Too much to overcome. Sadly, I'm not someone who is/was able to fully appreciate the nuance of Slater's overall contribution to the game, but I hope he can get the Gold jacket, even though that's fairly remote.
I mean the hall has zero players who were dirty or on performance enhancers.

I mean the hall has zero players who were dirty or on performance enhancers.
I don't disagree with you, but as I've said before, the fact that he couldn't pass a basic test of "getting away with it" is what the issue is. The optics rule the day (or any day), unfortunately.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back