PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure ST Matthew Slater announces retirement

Happy Black Woman GIF by Ennov-Action

Red Jacket awaits. Congrats on a phenomenal career.

Thank you, Mr Slater!

Lots of great on-field memories, of course, but there are also some funny stories from off the field. Having Julian Edelman as a room-mate must have been quite a thing:

I hope his leadership won't be lost to the Patriots!

Happy Black Woman GIF by Ennov-Action

Red Jacket awaits. Congrats on a phenomenal career.
Unfortunately probably not we can't even get Rodney in. The Hall of Fame does not like the Patriots.

Edit: Steve102 pointed out this is red Jacket not Gold lol. Absolutely getting Red and I for one would consider him for a gold one but not a lock and I'm still just pissed Rodney isn't in.

Last edited:
X5 all-pros, x3 2nd team all-pros, x10 pro-bowls, x3 SB champs and x5 played. 16 year pro. Perennial team captain on an iconic dynasty team. Influential good guy and leader. Fav moment was the overtime coin toss in the SB against the falcons 'heads'.

If any pure special teamer can get in the HOF it will be Slater. What a career!

Unfortunately probably not we can't even get Rodney in. The Hall of Fame does not like the Patriots.
Seymour and Law had no trouble. The HOF unfortunately just doesn't like Rodney.

Expected changing of the guard.

agree w the thought that he would be great motivational coach to keep around the bldg.

But not sure he could actually technically coach anyone. He only ever learned one route as wr in 15 years. :rofl:

Seymour and Law had no trouble. The HOF unfortunately just doesn't like Rodney.
This starts from before our dynasties too. Geno and Morgan never got any love just to name a few.

And we are now at 2 decades later and Law and Seymour are the only ones from a team that won 3 SBs that's not right.

This isn’t a surprise but you still can’t help but say “wow”. Slater. What a stud. On and off the field. The team has taken a hit in some serious leadership and community efforts with the losses of Guy and Slater. Things are changing…fast! It’s bittersweet.

Also, did Slaters retirement break Patsfans? ;)

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back