PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculating on my optimism

Tua throws for 6 TDs and over 500 yards against Baltimore. Ryan is cooked. Steelers look like I thought they would with Tribisky. Just a few thoughts after the first round of games of week two.

Yeah Ryan looks real bad right now; same as his predecessor in Indy, Wentz, does this year too...

Got a couple MVP'S & decent starters in there

NFL blew it with Flutie - not Doug's fault

"pound for pound" = "a guy who's too short"
My favorite Flutie moment in college after the Miami miracle, was when BC was playing Clemson and after he released a pass Flutie noticed that one of the DL (William Perry) was still coming at him and looked like he was coming in for a late hit. Flutie took one quick step to the side, put out his left arm, grabbed Perry by the front of his shirt and then, using Perry's own momentum, spun him around and slammed him into the ground like a rag doll. The announcers started crying foul but no penalty was called.

Yeah Ryan looks real bad right now; same as his predecessor in Indy, Wentz, does this year too...
Every time I see Wentz's name come up here I can't help but think how lucky Philly was that he got injured in 2017. No way they win a SB with that clown at QB.

My favorite Flutie moment in college after the Miami miracle, was when BC was playing Clemson and after he released a pass Flutie noticed that one of the DL (William Perry) was still coming at him and looked like he was coming in for a late hit. Flutie took one quick step to the side, put out his left arm, grabbed Perry by the front of his shirt and then, using Perry's own momentum, spun him around and slammed him into the ground like a rag doll. The announcers started crying foul but no penalty was called.
Doug is a football player, one of the several traits that separate him from the rest. Brady is as well.

Amidst the chaos, pressure, emotion and movement on the field, the great ones are able to slow the game down mentally, see the big picture and do what's needed to win.

Fouts, Marino, Mahomes, Elway, Young, Manning et al. were able to be prolific. But winning championships when it could go either way, or even when your team is losing, is the measure of a great quarterback. Montana is the only one who matches Flutie for that era, and only at the tail end of Joe's career.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back