PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread SPECIAL GAMEDAY THREAD: Tampa takes on the Buggalo Billdos

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tee hee hee...

They say a qb takes on the personality of his coach. That makes Allen very unlikeable to me. His tirades on the field, like his coach on the sidelines is getting old pretty quick. Allen probably would of had a better career in the NBA begging for fouls after every play. Very annoying actually as he comes off as a jackass.

They say a qb takes on the personality of his coach. That makes Allen very unlikeable to me. His tirades on the field, like his coach on the sidelines is getting old pretty quick. Allen probably would of had a better career in the NBA begging for fouls after every play. Very annoying actually as he comes off as a jackass.

Honestly I just don’t see it. Every QB tries to sell a foul. Allen seems to me like a very likeable kid.

Honestly I just don’t see it. Every QB tries to sell a foul. Allen seems to me like a very likeable kid.
Mike Evans sure sold one tonight.

TB12 may end up with more trophies because of it.

So if I'm right Patriots have to lose 3 games to not win the division? Don't think that's gonna happen
No, 2 games. The Bills are far from out of this. They have to win at NE, and also beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets (all at home, and they should easily win those 3 home games). Meanwhile we could lose at either Indy or Miami, those are not gimme's and we should probably assume one L there. So it will all boil down the Bills game, which would leave us both at 11-6 if we lose it, and the tiebreaker would go to them.

Fine folks of Patsfans: the Universe and Fate have aligned a special set of circumstances which very likely will result in a special hell of suffering for Bills fans today, and I am thinking we would be remiss if we did not collectively join together to revel and partake in this joyous day. Thus I have, without authorization, started a special game thread for that express purpose only.

@Dingleberry to provide commentary, fashion, eligibility, and otherwise, on His Lordship.

@GreenCow is welcomed to provide further, and contrary commentary, on how Nothing Is Ever Allen's Fault.

Homers, and those feeling like jilted ex's, need not apply.

And yes, Buggalo is a word.

Oh I missed this thread. Had you on ignore lol

Would not be shocked to see the Bills come out completely flat next week. They out everything into the end of that game..to lose is a gut punch and a half.

No, 2 games. The Bills are far from out of this. They have to win at NE, and also beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets (all at home, and they should easily win those 3 home games). Meanwhile we could lose at either Indy or Miami, those are not gimme's and we should probably assume one L there. So it will all boil down the Bills game, which would leave us both at 11-6 if we lose it, and the tiebreaker would go to them.
Why assume a loss? Are you clairvoyant?

I don't see any losses and Tampa is soft.

It took the Pats A LOT of luck to beat the Bills by only 4.

5 drops, a dropped TD, a missed FG, an unforced fumble, and a missed PI in the endzone.

That’s like half a season of mistakes in one game. It happened but I just don’t see it happening again.

I have to give you credit for your optimism. Before the season, I imagine you were confident your team would go 17-0. After their first loss, 16-1 and so on. It’s called denial, but sort of a nice outlook I suppose.

Losing 5 of 8 games means nothing. 7-6 is better than 9-4 if only.

1639365321944.jpeg

Why assume a loss? Are you clairvoyant?

I don't see any losses and Tampa is soft.
Cause they're road games against two quality teams fighting for a playoff spot. I wouldn't be shocked by a loss at all.

In my opinion, that was Allen's best game of his career. He led the comeback, played injured, and if his coach let him go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kick the field goal he might have won.

In my opinion, that was Allen's best game of his career. He led the comeback, played injured, and if his coach let him go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kick the field goal he might have won.

Based on some of your comments about Allen, it’s clear that you haven’t watched a whole ton of Allen’s games lol.

Allen was very good today but i’m not sure that made the top 5 in his career.

Based on some of your comments about Allen, it’s clear that you haven’t watched a whole ton of Allen’s games lol.

I think what he means is the most impressed he’s been. We all know Allen has talent and can put up big statistical games.

That's like saying 28-3 ain't top 10 in Brady's career.

F*k raw stats. Context is everything.

A former referee says it’s not PI, and yet it gets called all the time, including by this guy when he was employed by the NFL. So much so that teams strategize around this and a QB of one of the winningest franchises this century employed it so much that their QB was nicknamed Jump Ball Joe. This call happens all the time even though it shouldn’t. Get over it.

Extremely normal QB behavior. Not just that, but it's expected of them. If you can sway a ref to get you a first down that can help you win a game, you prioritize that over what some guy in an opposing team's message board will say about you.

Very strange game. Usually when Brady has a team down, he goes for the jugular. Today he went to sleep and it almost cost Tampa the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down