Search

Game Day Thread SPECIAL GAMEDAY THREAD: Tampa takes on the Buggalo Billdos

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

High Priest at Team Bill's Temple
PatsFans.com Supporter
They say a qb takes on the personality of his coach. That makes Allen very unlikeable to me. His tirades on the field, like his coach on the sidelines is getting old pretty quick. Allen probably would of had a better career in the NBA begging for fouls after every play. Very annoying actually as he comes off as a jackass.

Honestly I just don’t see it. Every QB tries to sell a foul. Allen seems to me like a very likeable kid.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
So if I'm right Patriots have to lose 3 games to not win the division? Don't think that's gonna happen
No, 2 games. The Bills are far from out of this. They have to win at NE, and also beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets (all at home, and they should easily win those 3 home games). Meanwhile we could lose at either Indy or Miami, those are not gimme's and we should probably assume one L there. So it will all boil down the Bills game, which would leave us both at 11-6 if we lose it, and the tiebreaker would go to them.

MAC10

Big Mac Jones fan
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Fine folks of Patsfans: the Universe and Fate have aligned a special set of circumstances which very likely will result in a special hell of suffering for Bills fans today, and I am thinking we would be remiss if we did not collectively join together to revel and partake in this joyous day. Thus I have, without authorization, started a special game thread for that express purpose only.

@Dingleberry to provide commentary, fashion, eligibility, and otherwise, on His Lordship.

@GreenCow is welcomed to provide further, and contrary commentary, on how Nothing Is Ever Allen's Fault.

Homers, and those feeling like jilted ex's, need not apply.

And yes, Buggalo is a word.

Oh I missed this thread. Had you on ignore lol

patsfanincleveland

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
No, 2 games. The Bills are far from out of this. They have to win at NE, and also beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets (all at home, and they should easily win those 3 home games). Meanwhile we could lose at either Indy or Miami, those are not gimme's and we should probably assume one L there. So it will all boil down the Bills game, which would leave us both at 11-6 if we lose it, and the tiebreaker would go to them.
Why assume a loss? Are you clairvoyant?

I don't see any losses and Tampa is soft.

NashuaPats

In the Starting Line-Up
It took the Pats A LOT of luck to beat the Bills by only 4.

5 drops, a dropped TD, a missed FG, an unforced fumble, and a missed PI in the endzone.

That’s like half a season of mistakes in one game. It happened but I just don’t see it happening again.

I have to give you credit for your optimism. Before the season, I imagine you were confident your team would go 17-0. After their first loss, 16-1 and so on. It’s called denial, but sort of a nice outlook I suppose.

Losing 5 of 8 games means nothing. 7-6 is better than 9-4 if only.

1639365321944.jpeg

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Honestly I just don’t see it. Every QB tries to sell a foul. Allen seems to me like a very likeable kid.
In my opinion, that was Allen's best game of his career. He led the comeback, played injured, and if his coach let him go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kick the field goal he might have won.

GreenCow

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
In my opinion, that was Allen's best game of his career. He led the comeback, played injured, and if his coach let him go for it on 4th and 2 instead of kick the field goal he might have won.

Based on some of your comments about Allen, it’s clear that you haven’t watched a whole ton of Allen’s games lol.

Allen was very good today but i’m not sure that made the top 5 in his career.

Ice_Ice_Brady

High Priest at Team Bill's Temple
PatsFans.com Supporter
Based on some of your comments about Allen, it’s clear that you haven’t watched a whole ton of Allen’s games lol.

Allen was very good today but i’m not sure that made the top 5 in his career.

I think what he means is the most impressed he’s been. We all know Allen has talent and can put up big statistical games.

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
A former referee says it’s not PI, and yet it gets called all the time, including by this guy when he was employed by the NFL. So much so that teams strategize around this and a QB of one of the winningest franchises this century employed it so much that their QB was nicknamed Jump Ball Joe. This call happens all the time even though it shouldn’t. Get over it.

Brotherblues

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
They say a qb takes on the personality of his coach. That makes Allen very unlikeable to me. His tirades on the field, like his coach on the sidelines is getting old pretty quick. Allen probably would of had a better career in the NBA begging for fouls after every play. Very annoying actually as he comes off as a jackass.
Extremely normal QB behavior. Not just that, but it's expected of them. If you can sway a ref to get you a first down that can help you win a game, you prioritize that over what some guy in an opposing team's message board will say about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.