PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like good news about Harris

The only stud drafted in addition to thuney over last six years..
This shows just how far the bar has to be lowered to find anything positive in Belichick's last several drafts. Harris a stud? Really? He's been good. I'm grading him at a B-. He looks like a non-factor in the passing game. Belichick can't seem to find an all purpose RB. If Harris doesn't become more of a pass catching threat then his run production will steadily drop. It's one of the reasons why Michel has become so useless. Even if you're grading Harris purely as a runner, he still doesn't qualify as a stud... i.e. Henry, Cook, Chubb, Aaron Jones...

The only stud drafted in addition to thuney over last six years..
I think Shaq Mason has turned out pretty well, how about Wino, Wynn, Onwenu is going to be a stud as is Dugger, Uche, and what about the best punter in the league or at least top three in Mr. Bailey. Don't forget about our f/a picks- JC, Gunner, Andrews, J Jones....Look, the team is going to need some upgrade in talent at QB, Wr and line, but I think we have some good young talent on the team with a lot of Cap Room heading into the offseason.

This shows just how far the bar has to be lowered to find anything positive in Belichick's last several drafts. Harris a stud? Really? He's been good. I'm grading him at a B-. He looks like a non-factor in the passing game. Belichick can't seem to find an all purpose RB. If Harris doesn't become more of a pass catching threat then his run production will steadily drop. It's one of the reasons why Michel has become so useless. Even if you're grading Harris purely as a runner, he still doesn't qualify as a stud... i.e. Henry, Cook, Chubb, Aaron Jones...
Harris is special, and that includes the intangibles beyond just on field performance.

Sorry, but after watching Harris this year, if you don't think he's a stud, then I'm not sure what you've been watching. That guy has STUD written all over him!!

Sorry, but after watching Harris this year, if you don't think he's a stud, then I'm not sure what you've been watching. That guy has STUD written all over him!!
2020 YPC leaders, running backs
Chubb 5.9
Sanders 5.7
Dobbins 5.2
Henry 5.2
Jones 5.1
Carson 5.1
Harris 5.0
Cook 5.0

Not bad company to keep at all. Dunno about the other guys on this list but Harris will only get better.

Harris is special, and that includes the intangibles beyond just on field performance.
This always cracks me up... when a fan comments on a player's intangibles. Like you would have any idea about Harris' off field value to the team.

Being a speculative stud NFL RB doesn't mean you're actually a stud NFL RB. You're speculating based on your impression of what you've seen out of Harris thus far. He's a long ways away from meeting the criteria of an actual elite NFL RB.

This always cracks me up... when a fan comments on a player's intangibles. Like you would have any idea about Harris' off field value to the team.
He's a leader to be and you hear that in his comments to the media.

Dude is special and I believe he's a future star. Give credit where it's due.

Being a speculative stud NFL RB doesn't mean you're actually a stud NFL RB. You're speculating based on your impression of what you've seen out of Harris thus far. He's a long ways away from meeting the criteria of an actual elite NFL RB.
Not really.

I think Shaq Mason has turned out pretty well, how about Wino, Wynn, Onwenu is going to be a stud as is Dugger, Uche, and what about the best punter in the league or at least top three in Mr. Bailey. Don't forget about our f/a picks- JC, Gunner, Andrews, J Jones....Look, the team is going to need some upgrade in talent at QB, Wr and line, but I think we have some good young talent on the team with a lot of Cap Room heading into the offseason.
Onwenu and Mason yes.. the others the jury is still out.. I think the frustration is we just seem to be so bad in our first two rounds. And over time yes we have the playmakers from lower rounds or UFA. But the numbers seem to be too low from true impact players like say Gilmore.

I just believe the sum of parts along with brady was heavily responsible for our success. We had a more well rounded team because of free agents coming here on discount to play with brady elevating the entire play of the team. Now with no brady and no lure for free agents , we will need to see how the team does.

In Bill the coach I trust, but bill the GM, probably not much based on recent past...

Another great pick by BB. A steal, really. He's had a slew of them recently.

2020 YPC leaders, running backs
Chubb 5.9
Sanders 5.7
Dobbins 5.2
Henry 5.2
Jones 5.1
Carson 5.1
Harris 5.0
Cook 5.0

Not bad company to keep at all. Dunno about the other guys on this list but Harris will only get better.

And, imagine a real QB behind this OL and a QB who knows what playaction is and how it helps said QB. lol

Great post. Exactly. The media will never tell you the truth about BB's talent because they want to bash him for clicks. It's a huge moneymaker. 98.5 was founded on the idea.

Pretty weird take. By multiple metrics, yards per run, or yards after contact, or yards per game, Harris has been playing like an elite top-10 running back. A lot of Derrick Henry-like metrics. He can also catch. Not sure what you're asking for. He looks better than Blount. He's basically as good as we've had here since Corey Dillon if he stays healthy ?

Harris is facing the most stacked boxes a RB has seen in 3 years and has a 5.0 ypc average. He's a stud.

As for pass catching, meh the most passes Henry has caught in a season is 18. Also maybe McDaniels should try to get him more passes or Cam should look his way. Not like Harris calls the plays or throws the ball

Last edited:
Harris is facing the most stacked boxes a RB has seen in 3 years and has a 5.0 ypc average. He's a stud.

As for pass catching, meh the most passes Henry has caught in a season is 18. Also maybe McDaniels should try to get him more passes or Cam should look his way. Not like Harris calls the plays or throws the ball

I like you. You're a cerebral fan who knows the game.

What I can't figure out is, why do you have awesome little RBs with multi-faceted skill sets, but you rarely actually use a Pony package, especially with a run based QB.

I mean, the LBs defending a Harris/Michel backfield on 1st or 2nd down would appear to be a serious problem. Why wouldn't McDaniels just show that backfield for entire drive just to see what happens?

Why doesn't it happen? lol

You have a top 5 OL In the entire NFL, and you don't want to force MLBs to cover your RBs in case of a pass or be concerned about a run inside on any given down? Why? It would mean you can't blitz or stunt with your MLBs. So, if your OL is that good and they can hold vs a 4 and 5 man rush just fine, why not alleviate any pass rush up the middle?

Teams are going to bamboozled to the moon and back next year if it is Stidham or JimmyG, if they plop JJ Taylor and James White in a Pony set on 3rd and 4.

Is it a pass? Or, is it a draw?

And, imagine a real QB behind this OL and a QB who knows what playaction is and how it helps said QB. lol
I agree.

He would have done really well with Brady. Not Cam. Not Stidham. Hopefully the next guy in line whoever he is.

I agree.

He would have done really well with Brady. Not Cam. Not Stidham. Hopefully the next guy in line whoever he is.

Have you told the board your resume as to why you would say "not Stidham" or can you articulate why you think BB is a moron for drafting him knowing Brady was done in NE?

Since BB knew he was walking, why didn't draft another QB last year or this year? Can you answer this?

Have you told the board your resume as to why you would say "not Stidham" or can you articulate why you think BB is a moron for drafting him knowing Brady was done in NE?

Since BB knew he was walking, why didn't draft another QB last year or this year? Can you answer this?
Same reason he drafts anyone else in the 4th round. Maybe lightning strikes and he gets lucky even if odds aren't too good it will.

Same reason he drafts anyone else in the 4th round. Maybe lightning strikes and he gets lucky even if odds aren't too good it will.

What does it matter what rd it's in? You have this unhealthy boner for Brady out of the 6th rd, but somehow the 3rd for Jimmy or the 4th for Stidham is not worthy?

Here's a fact:

The only QBs BB ever worked 1:1 with, DAILY, at whichever confirmed times this happened, was Brady, Cassel on the fly , JimmyG and POSSIBLY, as I have yet to see this cofirmed (atlhough it would make sense), and Stidham. Again, I have yet to see anyone worth trusting confirm BB did work 1:1 with Stidham last year...Just making that clear. I THINK he did.

This means all of the other QBs he picked, whether it be Davey, Kinsbury, Cassell, O'Connell, etc, were all intended developmental back ups, per Greg Bedard.

Fact.

So, regardless of where he picks the QB, what matters is the info about BB spending DAILY 1:1 time with the QB prospect, because that dictates his commitment and time.

So, right now, if BB had started working feverishly in early 2019 with Stidham, which is HIGHLY likely with Brady being a nozzle and skipping OTAs again, BB was readying him and he ascended VERY quickly to have a dynamite preseason showing and then looked fantastic last December with the 1s as baby Brady needed some rest.

None of this is made up. Brady skipped OTAs and Stidham did get reps last December and apparently our #1 D. It's not my fault you don't know these things.

So, this means you are mocking what could be BB's own choice, AFTER choosing Brady and JimmyG to develop and making Matt Cassell, a Pro Bowl level QB in 2008, as the future QB.

Your problem is you don't like facts and you have poor critical thinking skills, relying too much on the creepy anti-BB media.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back