PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sort of OT: Tebow sounds really salty over his release by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) Positive character / team first /leader
-haha good one. The guy was an egomaniac. All of that relgious preaching really rubbed people the wrong way. The guy is a fraud and i'm happy he was never played a regular season game for the Patriots.

Also if the guy wanted to be a QB he should have gone to the CFL and honed his skills

While he may have been overly religious, Tebow was also one of the few people who seemed able to keep Aaron Hernandez'a behavior in check. It's entirely believable that the main reason that the Patriots signed Tebow was to act as a "Hernandez whisperer" to protect their investment. When Hernandez was arrested there was no longer any need for Tebow's services, and he was cut.

There's nothing in the OP that sounds salty.

He just sounds sad. It's probably stuff he said to describe his state of mind before his religion helped him overcome it and maybe God's plan wasn't super bowls it was X or Y or whatever.

It's ok for someone to be sad they got cut. What am I missing?

He is among the greatest college QBs of all time but, like so many other great college QBs, never succeeded at the professional level. I don't see why people can't just leave it at that.

He is among the greatest college QBs of all time but, like so many other great college QBs, never succeeded at the professional level. I don't see why people can't just leave it at that.

Yeah, I dunno, I'm not a Christian and there's plenty of people who dislike Tebow because of his game alone, which is fine. But there's certainly some people who come across like they have a little bit of an agenda with this guy cause of his religion. Like they're just dying for him to be busted sucking off a 17 year old in a bathroom stall or something.

What this story leaves out is that Tebow was praying when he asked about the endorsement deal.

God said no. End of story.:D

we all want thing Tim, that being said it does seem a little off for BB to tell him to turn down the endorsement money and then cut him. But it also may not have gone down exactly as he said or he may have been close to being kept.

There's nothing in the OP that sounds salty.

He just sounds sad. It's probably stuff he said to describe his state of mind before his religion helped him overcome it and maybe God's plan wasn't super bowls it was X or Y or whatever.

It's ok for someone to be sad they got cut. What am I missing?

Tebow never was a football player, he was always a brand.

With that said playing the woe-is-me game complaining about having no home or car after getting cut is really salty to me and reeks of attention seeking. So is publicly blaming BB (and it is blaming otherwise why bring this up at all in public?) for the million dollar endorsement thing... and I'm seeing BB-bashing articles for this. So is the indignation after imagining yourself taking the place of the GOAT and winning titles and then getting a reality check.

I'm no Tebow hater. I like him but this is salty without a question. A little surprising actually.

I like him but this is salty without a question. A little surprising actually.

I feel like people are reading something I'm not. Either that or you guys are just using salty as a blanket term to mean something different. He doesn't seem bitter in the slightest towards the Pats.

I feel like people are reading something I'm not. Either that or you guys are just using salty as a blanket term to mean something different. He doesn't seem bitter in the slightest towards the Pats.

Perhaps not, but saying this stuff at all isn't like him. IMO.

God: "Bill, make Tim Tebow your backup quarterback."
Belichick: "God, I'll stick with Ryan Mallett and take my chances in the draft."

Perhaps not, but saying this stuff at all isn't like him. IMO.

Reporter: "Hey Tim, so you seem to have landed on your feet after the NFL, were there any dark times?"

Tebow: "Yes there were, reporter. I got my hopes up about joining the Patriots, even passed on a million dollar endorsement to stay with the team. I thought for sure I'd have a shot to learn under Brady, win some championships and then they cut me and it was a really dark time. But God showed me that there was a different path for my life and even though I got really low I'm lucky to have had that chance and I'm really happy now playing minor league baseball."

Reporter: "I see." *scribbles down only the parts leading up to the 'But God' sentence on a notepad under the heading 'Try to make Tebow come across whiney'.*

I mean, I feel like the Simpsons already covered this. SWEET SWEET CAN.

Keep in mind the OP is from the New York Post, a tabloid closer in style to the National Enquirer than to the NY Times. Undoubtedly slanted for the lower-tier Jets fans as their primary audience.

Slightly different tone in this report: Tim Tebow says he once turned down a $1 million endorsement deal to appease Bill Belichick

The second one makes Tebow seem more reasonable. Of course it's aimed at Pats fans, and we're more reasonable, right? :rolleyes:

So what is the difference between lower-tier Rats fans and other types of Rat fans?

I also wonder why Tim just can't leave it at that.

While he may have been overly religious, Tebow was also one of the few people who seemed able to keep Aaron Hernandez'a behavior in check. It's entirely believable that the main reason that the Patriots signed Tebow was to act as a "Hernandez whisperer" to protect their investment. When Hernandez was arrested there was no longer any need for Tebow's services, and he was cut.

That's a first i didn't know he was there to make sure that Aaron wasn't going to murder anyone.

I think we should use him for greater things. Perhaps we can send him to Syria and Iraq to help keep ISIS in check

Yeah, what a jerk he is. An ex-athlete reflecting on his career. What gives him the right???!?
Did I suggest he doesn't have that right?

Did I suggest he doesn't have that right?
Did I suggest you suggested he didn't have that right? All I know is I see an awful lot of criticism leveled at the guy for doing something ex-athletes do all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents