PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony looks way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is under contract for $735,000 for 2020 ... pretty cheap depth right there
Meh. We have an UDFA make the team every single year. I’ll believe it when I see it. He’s not very good, so I hope that Belichick doesn’t base his decision on having a mediocre player who happens to be cheap. That wouldn’t make much sense.

That doesn’t excuse the other picks, especially considering the fact that they had 2 thirds. I have no idea why stating that the 2017 draft class was one of Belichick’s worst, if not the worst of his tenure. It really shouldn’t be that controversial of a comment.

Perhaps my assessment of mediocre Detrich Wise doesn’t line up with your opinion of him, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t on the team in 2020, and he was the only player who even really saw the actual field.
I missed where I said it was controversial.

I’m not sure how anyone would except a draft that doesn’t get to pick in the first 82, only selects 4 players and 2 have basically career ending injuries as rookies to have high expectations.
Wise has contributed more than most late 4ths ever do.

Meh. We have an UDFA make the team every single year. I’ll believe it when I see it. He’s not very good, so I hope that Belichick doesn’t base his decision on having a mediocre player who happens to be cheap. That wouldn’t make much sense.
All teams have many mediocre played as depth.
Wise played 23% of the snaps on the best defense in the nfl and was 3rd on the team in QB hits.

I missed where I said it was controversial.
I suppose the continued comments make it feel that way. It really shouldn’t be much of a debate.

I suppose the continued comments make it feel that way. It really shouldn’t be much of a debate.
The issue is whether there was any reasonable expectation that it could be a good draft.
Much like 07 where they had no picks of consequence.

I agree with the OP in terms of Michel looking better over the course of the past month or so. I can’t help but wonder how much the knee procedure at the beginning of camp may have affected him.

They didn't have a blocking TE worth a damn all year. Michel averaged 4.4YPC yesterday, which included a couple of plays at the goal line where he was met by a wall behind the line of scrimmage.

You want Michel to be effective? Start throwing him the damned ball, get a TE who can block, and maybe a FB, too.

Every time he goes in the game, the other team stacks the box - the Pats never challenged that all year. He had 2 catches yesterday, but really? RBBC only works if putting in a particular back doesn't signal your 90+% run/pass indication.

It was bad coaching all year in this area. It's not surprising that ex-Pats coaches and players have figured out their tendencies....
If he could do anything in the passing game he would’ve done it by now. I doubt Josh just says “let’s make sure we don’t throw Sony the ball”. I would venture to guess he’s just not that great at it in our offense.

I agree with the OP in terms of Michel looking better over the course of the past month or so. I can’t help but wonder how much the knee procedure at the beginning of camp may have affected him.
Had in season procedure last year, and went wire to wire this year. He looked better after working Wynn and Roberts (FB) into the lineup. He looked better last year when lb’s and safeties had to worry about Gronk. Tough to run when you only have to defend the box.

Had in season procedure last year, and went wire to wire this year
I was referring to the summer of 2019 knee surgery and the subsequent absence in training camp. I wonder how much it affected him, that’s all. It’s certainly possible that he may have played hurt for about half of the season.

If he could do anything in the passing game he would’ve done it by now. I doubt Josh just says “let’s make sure we don’t throw Sony the ball”. I would venture to guess he’s just not that great at it in our offense.
I'm old enough to remember when people thought we were holding out until the playoffs to unleash his rec skills.
I couldn't believe it tbh. That's not something you hold back for 4 months. Its not a trick play.
He absolutely was a different player in college & its hard to wrap my head around the 180. Just a strange case that you see from time to time.

How does Minnesota always seem to get these talented, elite RBs?

Adrian Peterson, Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison

Did you see Phillys Sanders and Scott rush with power attacking the Seattle defense breaking tackles and squeezing out every inch of positive yards?

Then watch Sony dropped like a sack full of Idaho potatoes upon first hint of resistance.

With Harris presumably taking a bigger role next year, any chance of moving Sony for a mid rounder?

Did you see Phillys Sanders and Scott rush with power attacking the Seattle defense breaking tackles and squeezing out every inch of positive yards?

Then watch Sony dropped like a sack full of Idaho potatoes upon first hint of resistance.

Yeah, no wonder Scott got 25 yards (4.2/carry), while Michel barely broke 60 (4.4/carry).

I'm old enough to remember when people thought we were holding out until the playoffs to unleash his rec skills.
I couldn't believe it tbh. That's not something you hold back for 4 months. Its not a trick play.
He absolutely was a different player in college & its hard to wrap my head around the 180. Just a strange case that you see from time to time.
Chubb has stepped up while Sony has just been average. I am still waiting to see what Sony does well. He isn’t great in short yardage. He doesn’t make people miss. He doesn’t have a ton of power. He certainly isn’t a speedster. He also offers next to nothing in the passing game.

Chubb has stepped up while Sony has just been average. I am still waiting to see what Sony does well. He isn’t great in short yardage. He doesn’t make people miss. He doesn’t have a ton of power. He certainly isn’t a speedster. He also offers next to nothing in the passing game.

He makes me laugh that what he does well but the homers would disagree.:D

People on here defend him like he’s family.

Of-course if Sony or Harry were Drafted by one of our rivals the take would be much different trust me.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back