PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sony looks way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There can’t be too many draft classes that are worse than Rivers, Garcia, Wise, and McDermott. Not trying to be argumentative. Just stating the obvious.
How many draft classes don’t have a first or second

Derrick Henry is a FA next year. Just throwing that out there....

I’ve heard he’s pretty good.

Really?

Jesus he'll cash in..

They didn't have a blocking TE worth a damn all year. Michel averaged 4.4YPC yesterday, which included a couple of plays at the goal line where he was met by a wall behind the line of scrimmage.

You want Michel to be effective? Start throwing him the damned ball, get a TE who can block, and maybe a FB, too.

Every time he goes in the game, the other team stacks the box - the Pats never challenged that all year. He had 2 catches yesterday, but really? RBBC only works if putting in a particular back doesn't signal your 90+% run/pass indication.

It was bad coaching all year in this area. It's not surprising that ex-Pats coaches and players have figured out their tendencies....

Reminds me so much of Eddie George but bigger, stronger and faster.

Funny you say that, I had some Titans fans over last night and we were saying the same thing. Kinda runs up right but once he gets going, freight train.
I’ve run into both down here, Henry is kinda standoffish but Eddie George is one hell of a nice dude. Not that any of that matters I guess. Random stuff.

Funny you say that, I had some Titans fans over last night and we were saying the same thing. Kinda runs up right but once he gets going, freight train.
I’ve run into both down here, Henry is kinda standoffish but Eddie George is one hell of a nice dude. Not that any of that matters I guess. Random stuff.

Where did you see Henry?

How many draft classes don’t have a first or second
That’s certainly something that you factor into the idea that it was a terrible draft class; perhaps the worst in the Belichick era.

That’s certainly something that you factor into the idea that it was a terrible draft class; perhaps the worst in the Belichick era.
Hard to have high expectations when your 1st is stolen from you....

Yes... Chubb was taken in Round 2, 35th pick overall .... Sony was Round 1, 31st pick overall

Still not as bad as picking Harry over Metcalf that EVERYONE with common sense was rooting for. And Metcalf had almost a 1000 yard rookie season.

Meanwhile Harry is still figuring out when to run, when to cut, when to go post, where to put his foot and probably says in huddle “just stick to sweeps or jump balls for me please. All this route running stuff is too hard. I have physical skilllllzzzzzzz”

Still not as bad as picking Harry over Metcalf that EVERYONE with common sense was rooting for. And Metcalf had almost a 1000 yard rookie season.

Meanwhile Harry is still figuring out when to run, when to cut, when to go post, where to put his foot and probably says in huddle “just stick to sweeps or jump balls for me please. All this route running stuff is too hard. I have physical skilllllzzzzzzz”
Please tell me you acknowledge the NEP offense and QB is much more demanding...

Please tell me you acknowledge the NEP offense and QB is much more demanding...

I know, I know. Most likely, infact definitely, Metcalf wouldn’t have had 900 yards here. And yes Harry lost half the season. With that said, most people here, and across the league, thought Metcalf was the better pick at that stage for WR. Harry was a surprise. I haven’t seen anything that tells me otherwise so far.

I know, I know. Most likely, infact definitely, Metcalf wouldn’t have had 900 yards here. And yes Harry lost half the season. With that said, most people here, and across the league, thought Metcalf was the better pick at that stage for WR. Harry was a surprise. I haven’t seen anything that tells me otherwise so far.
If Metcalf goes off for 1200 yds year and Harry is another Dobson then the draft analysis is complete.

It takes time.,

Hard to have high expectations when your 1st is stolen from you....
That doesn’t excuse the other picks, especially considering the fact that they had 2 thirds. I have no idea why stating that the 2017 draft class was one of Belichick’s worst, if not the worst of his tenure. It really shouldn’t be that controversial of a comment.

Perhaps my assessment of mediocre Detrich Wise doesn’t line up with your opinion of him, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t on the team in 2020, and he was the only player who even really saw the actual field.

I think if Metcalf came here, he would have had a terrible rookie season. The Brady offense is not rookie friendly.

Perhaps my assessment of mediocre Detrich Wise doesn’t line up with your opinion of him, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t on the team in 2020.
he is under contract for $735,000 for 2020 ... pretty cheap depth right there

You don’t pay huge money on a back unless it’s McCaffrey who is an amazing pass catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back