PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone: Make The Case For McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am. He'd be better against the run than Guyton (who was a liability in that area at times) was. I'd love to have him and Guyton on the same roster. Guyton is a pretty good coverage ILB. In the event of injury, McKenzie would come in one first and second down as well as short yardage third downs, and Guyton would come in on passing downs. I don't see any reason why that couldn't work.

PERFECT.

I have PRAYED for us to be 4 Deep with REAL Depth of Talent at ILB...FOREVER.

We have an IMMENSE opportunity before us. Spikes and Mayo are ALREADY poised to RAPIDLY become an ELITE Duo...And having FirePower like McKenzie and Guyton in reserve would be absolutely ROCKING. :rocker:

As for the 'McKenzie hasn't proven anything, Guyton has' idea, with that reasoning we may as well let Chung, Butler, Brace, and every rookie go as well.

Of course McKenzie hasn't 'proven' anything yet; he hasn't played a real NFL game yet.

THANK you!! :rolleyes:

It's AWFUL to read so many folks pimp "proven quality" to propose: trading Pix for Chumps, sitting stellar rookies, and assuming that guys like Burgess, Ninkovich, Chung, Butler, Brace, Pryor, Tate, Edelman, et cetera can't SIGNIFICANTLY improve, once they have a year to learn the System...and, generally, trying like HELL to turn us into the Washington @#$%^&*ing REDSKINS!! :eek:

That's because there was no depth inside last year. Now that we have depth, including McKenzie, it allows us more flexibility with the plays we call by virtue of not having to call certain packages for the sole reason of keeping certain players off the field.

DI also raised a salient point as well, which is worth taking to heart.

PERFECT. :cool:

I'll do so. We have Mayo, Guyton, Alexander and Fletcher as WILBs and Spikes and Mackenzie as SILB linebackers. Yes I know that they cross train but when Guyton or Mayo was forced to move from his specialty and play SILB, the results in 2009 were unsatisfactory.

I could NOT have said that better, myself.

HELL...I couldn't've said it THAT well!! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back