SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Solid Draft
The Patriots walked away with 10 pretty solid additions coming off draft weekend, injecting some youth into the Super Bowl champs' roster.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Somebody help us!!!

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by SammyBlueCat, Apr 7, 2019.

1. sb1

sb1 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

I miss Koji. That is all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. captain insano

captain insano Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

he was awesome. not only was he great. he worked so fast he was stress free to watch. somebody should clone him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

who needs pitching when you are scoring runs like this.! I have not seen a game yet but Chavis is really making an impact at the plate...how's his glove at 2b?

4. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Nothing that really stands out, which is obviously a good thing. I’ve missed watching some of the past several days, but from what I’ve seen, he looks like a huge acquisition. There was a big hole at 2B, so this seems to be great news.

• Like Like x 1
  5. supafly

Sale fans 17 (out of 21 outs) and they still find a way to lose. Amazing. I think I’d be tempted to bring in another starter and move someone to a middle reliever role, but it doesn’t appear as though they want to spend any more money.

The good news is that Sale is rounding into form and that historically, he’s used to pitching well and still not seeing the team get a victory, so hopefully it doesn’t affect his current mojo.

6. captain insano

i cant believe kimbrel is still available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. supafly

I don’t see how it would work with Kimbrell, financially, though. In a perfect world, he’d come back for a reasonable price, and they could sort out the middle/later inning relievers by adding another option to the mix.

They seem to be leaving the starters in too long, which happened both yesterday and today, after both Sale and ERod had pitched gems. They both finished close to 110 pitches, with terrible last innings. That tells me that they recognize the weakness with the middle relievers and are pushing the starting rotation too hard. That’s a shame, because the starters have really looked good lately, even with Eovaldi on the DL.

8. captain insano

kimbrell must be getting bad advice from his agent. or he is an idiot. he clearly is not getting what he was looking for. i read it was 6 years lmao. keep dreaming.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. supafly

Oh my god. Alex Cora did it again by bringing Porcello back for the 8th inning, last night. What the hell is going on with this? Why do they feel like 6-7 inning starts with minimal runs allowed aren’t good enough?