PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

some skins fans believe it can happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would this come as a surprise? It's not like upsets have never happened before and they are a 4-2 team. Check out the dolphins forum and go back to game predictions.. You'll still find a bunch of fans that thought they had a shot.

Two reasons why the Patriots could be in for a dog fight this Sunday.

1. This is by far the best defense you faced and definitely the best secondary.
2. I'm aware of the fact that this is a different year with different teams, but to be completely honest, I think there's a much closer gap in talent between the Skins and Pats this year than there was between the Fins and Pats back in 2004. Upsets happen.
Upsets happen against the Dolphins on the road due to the fact that Miami has been Tom Brady's personal house of horrors. That cannot be said about Tom Brady while playing at home.

This is like the South Park smug episode.

I expect the Skins to win this game. Skins have better coaching.

Gibbs > Belichick

Gibbs started a season 12-0 with Mark Rypien at qb. What has Belichick done without Brady and cheating?

Last edited:
I forgot about the INT... seems like guys named Taylor play pretty well against NE... Cassel or not :)
Wrong! Only one Taylor plays well against the Patriots and he plays for the Dolphins.

FINALLY, after 13 pages we now finally get back to talking about the football aspects of the game. Now hopefully a post I made YESTERDAY concerning the game might actually engender some conversation.

1. I agree with those who lambasted Pats fans who, without reason, blasted Skin fans who visited this board. It was simply uncalled for. This board loses a lot of good discussion possibilities when it dismisses other teams' fans with the PRESUMPTION that they are Trollers. My apologies to them

2. ANY team in the NFL can beat ANY other team on a given day. The Redskins are a good team (at least in the NFC ), and can certainly win on Sunday.....if the Pats play poorly and the Redskins play a perfect game.

3. This is certainly the best test the Pats passing offense will get so far. I think their strategy will be to try and generate a pass rush with just the front Four with occassional blitzes from a LB.

Using mostly nickel packages, I think they will try to funnel the Passing routes into the middle of the field where they are the strongest. They will allow the Pats to catch some balls with the intention of getting so physical with them, that by the end of the game Pats WRs won't want to venture into that area of the field.

Against the run they will try and make the Pats recently non-existent running game beat them, by only playing 6 and 7 men in the box.

I think that they understand that the Pats WILL gain their yards, but they will hope that trips into the read zone will result in FGs not TDs. They longer they stay close in the game the more their physical play on our WRs will play in their favor.

On offense their game plan will be to run the ball and playaction pass off the run. We haven't played the run well the last few games, AND Portis is the kind of slashing RB that has the most success against us. Betts has also been a good RB this season. Its a nice 1-2 punch.

Joe Gibbs and his DC will give his team a game plan that THEY will believe they can hold the Pats to under 20 points. Whether it works or not will be found out on Sunday, but the Skins will go on the field believing that it will.

4. Here is why it WON'T work.

a. The game ISN'T in DC. This would be MUCH more difficult in Washington. That's a very tough crowd to play infront of.

b. Even without Watson, the Pats just have too many options for the skins to cover Moss, Stallworth, AND Welker.

c. The Skins front line WILL NOT get to Brady consistantly enough to throw off his rhythm. The OL including Kyle Brady has been excellent in protecting Brady. Washington's DL isn't better than Dallas', and they couldn't consistantly get to Brady. Granted a sack or 2 should be expected, but not more. And it will take more to get the job done

d. We will witness the rebirth of the Pats run game this week, especially in the first half of the game. Once THAT happens the skins will HAVE to compensate and the flood gates of the Passing attack will open.

BOTTOM LINE - The skins will be the toughest test to date, but a fairly close game will open up in the 4th quarter and the Pats will prevail 31-13

JMHO

I think it's adorable that some of you think you can win - it's amazing to me that people SEE what they see from the Pats (and say what they say about the Pats) and then STILL don't get how freaking GOOD they are. The Redskins have ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT of winning on Sunday. They MAYBE have a shot at covering.

Seriously. Just stop. But thanks for being respectful in your language and tone.

Definition: FANATIC

a person motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm for a cause.

funny that you credit him for being respectful Patsox, while you are being an arrogant disrespectful snot. The shoe will be on the other foot some day, can't you just enjoy our run, without being such a pompous bloviating *********.

Last edited:
Definition: FANATIC

a person motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm for a cause.

funny that you credit him for being respectful Patsox, while you are being an arrogant disrespectful snot. The shoe will be on the other foot some day, can't you just enjoy our run, without being such a pompous bloviating *********.
Since when did you claim moral authority of the PatsFans message board? Are you censoring New England Patriots fans?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218222

i myself believe we can win if our offense steps up and actually plays a consistent game...if we dont, i cant see us coming out with a W.

BTW congrats on how well your team is performing this year...in my eyes its amazing how consistent the pats are. heres to a great game and hopefully without any injuries :eat3:

Although any game for us against a less than top tier team (no offense, but no one has Wash ranked high in any categories) can be a "trap" game, I don't see it happening against the skins.....and most especially at home....The skins have a decent defense.......but a very inconsistent defense.

I doubt highly that Campbell has faced a defense yet like a Beli defense with all the stunts, shifts and looks......and I see him having a very rough day against us......I see us winning by approx 3 TD margin this weekend again.......Good luck Sunday.....

Although any game for us against a less than top tier team (no offense, but no one has Wash ranked high in any categories) can be a "trap" game, I don't see it happening against the skins.....and most especially at home....The skins have a decent defense.......but a very inconsistent defense.

I doubt highly that Campbell has faced a defense yet like a Beli defense with all the stunts, shifts and looks......and I see him having a very rough day against us......I see us winning by approx 3 TD margin this weekend again.......Good luck Sunday.....

Washington's defense is ranked high. It's #5 in ypg, #8 in passing yards against per game, #3 in points per game....

When one of your wide receivers finally scores a touchdown, we might consider taking you seriously. So far, your brilliant WR corps and clueless QB have combined for 0 scores this season -- as in ZERO.

By the way, your owner is a detestable little creature. I'd forgotten how much I hated Snyder, probably because the Skins have been so mediocre for so long now. It'll be fun beating you guys and seeing that midget implode once again.

"When one of your wide receivers finally scores a touchdown, we might consider taking you seriously. So far, your brilliant WR corps and clueless QB have combined for 0 scores this season -- as in ZERO."

If this is true....that is absolutely pathetic!!! They haven't really played overly well all year in what I have seen....Campbell has shown flashes of brilliance one minute and the next looks lost.....they have been very lucky to win most of their games....and should have lost last week. If this stat is true....then they are even worse than I thought......wow....

My 2 cents:

1. I agree with those who lambasted Pats fans who, without reason, blasted Skin fans who visited this board. It was simply uncalled for. This board loses a lot of good discussion possibilities when it dismisses other teams' fans with the PRESUMPTION that they are Trollers. My apologies to them

2. ANY team in the NFL can beat ANY other team on a given day. The Redskins are a good team (at least in the NFC ;) ), and can certainly win on Sunday.....if the Pats play poorly and the Redskins play a perfect game.

3. This is certainly the best test the Pats passing offense will get so far. I think their strategy will be to try and generate a pass rush with just the front Four with occassional blitzes from a LB.

Using mostly nickel packages, I think they will try to funnel the Passing routes into the middle of the field where they are the strongest. They will allow the Pats to catch some balls with the intention of getting so physical with them, that by the end of the game Pats WRs won't want to venture into that area of the field.

Against the run they will try and make the Pats recently non-existent running game beat them, by only playing 6 and 7 men in the box.

I think that they understand that the Pats WILL gain their yards, but they will hope that trips into the read zone will result in FGs not TDs. They longer they stay close in the game the more their physical play on our WRs will play in their favor.

On offense their game plan will be to run the ball and playaction pass off the run. We haven't played the run well the last few games, AND Portis is the kind of slashing RB that has the most success against us. Betts has also been a good RB this season. Its a nice 1-2 punch.

Joe Gibbs and his DC will give his team a game plan that THEY will believe they can hold the Pats to under 20 points. Whether it works or not will be found out on Sunday, but the Skins will go on the field believing that it will.

4. Here is why it WON'T work.

a. The game ISN'T in DC. This would be MUCH more difficult in Washington. That's a very tough crowd to play infront of.

b. Even without Watson, the Pats just have too many options for the skins to cover Moss, Stallworth, AND Welker.

c. The Skins front line WILL NOT get to Brady consistantly enough to throw off his rhythm. The OL including Kyle Brady has been excellent in protecting Brady. Washington's DL isn't better than Dallas', and they couldn't consistantly get to Brady. Granted a sack or 2 should be expected, but not more. And it will take more to get the job done

d. We will witness the rebirth of the Pats run game this week, especially in the first half of the game. Once THAT happens the skins will HAVE to compensate and the flood gates of the Passing attack will open.

BOTTOM LINE - The skins will be the toughest test to date, but a fairly close game will open up in the 4th quarter and the Pats will prevail 31-13

JMHO

You think that they are a tougher test than Dallas? I don't.....I have seen several of their games........their D is pretty good.....but like you say....they can't cover everyone....and Maroney will be back this week...to hopefully spark our running game.....In fact, I see us running the ball ALOT this week.....and then sporadically......BIG game pass to Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson, Gaffney......etc to shake them up. Taylor is a good CB....should be in jail.......but he is a talented secondary player.....he will get lost out there against us......too many guys to cover....and then we will throw under to Faulk/Maroney/RB as well......I just don't see us losing this one.....although as you say...."Any given Sunday".....I do see Pats winning by at least 14....you have 18.....close enough :)

This is like the South Park smug episode.

I expect the Skins to win this game. Skins have better coaching.

Gibbs > Belichick

Gibbs started a season 12-0 with Mark Rypien at qb. What has Belichick done without Brady and cheating?

" I expect the Skins to win this game. Skins have better coaching.

Gibbs > Belichick

Gibbs started a season 12-0 with Mark Rypien at qb. What has Belichick done without Brady and cheating?[/QUOTE]"

This is by far, the most hysterical post I have seen on this board in the past 8+ years that I have been coming on here......I haven't laughed this hard in years,......thanks for that man....you brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard.......my stomach hurts too.......Ha ha ha......you are HILARIOUS!

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218222

i myself believe we can win if our offense steps up and actually plays a consistent game...if we dont, i cant see us coming out with a W.

BTW congrats on how well your team is performing this year...in my eyes its amazing how consistent the pats are. heres to a great game and hopefully without any injuries :eat3:
I hope some Skins fans believe a win for them can happen. Otherwise they're a pretty poopy bunch of fans. After seeing what happened in 2004 when the 12-1 Pats went into 2-11 Miami, I *know* anything can happen. I just think a lot of things have to go wrong for the Pats this weekend and a ton of things have to go right for Washington to win. We're talking Pats turnovers galore, Brady INTs returned for TDs, things like that.

Regards,
Chris

You think that they are a tougher test than Dallas? :)

Let me be more specific. It will be a tougher DEFENSIVE test. I think the Skin secondary and front 4 are better than Dallas's secondary and front 4. I also have a high regard for the skin DC.

ULtimately it won't make a difference, except I expect a fairly close game for 3 quarters.

Of course the Skins "can" win. We may say otherwise, but we've all seen upsets of historical proportions...i.e. Appalachian State?

Well this is exactly the kind of magnitude that we are talking here........It would take the worst game of the year for the Pats to lose this one......The Skins are better than Miami by a longshot....but more in the league of Cleveland, Cincy etc.......Not in our ballpark this year.......One man's opinion......I do agree with one of the skins posters.....No injuries to either team.........especially ours ;)

Let me be more specific. It will be a tougher DEFENSIVE test. I think the Skin secondary and front 4 are better than Dallas's secondary and front 4. I also have a high regard for the skin DC.

ULtimately it won't make a difference, except I expect a fairly close game for 3 quarters.

Agree with Skins secondary vs Dallas secondary.......thx

I love the Sean Taylor theory. Another guy at work brought this one up.

"Randy Moss is gonna go up for the ball, then BAM, then he'll be scared."

I was like...

"So your theory is you have a strong safety that can hit?"

His response was...

"He's the best safety in the game, and y'all ain't seen that yet."

So I took a $20 bet, and gave him 10 points.

PFnV

dont assume guys... this is football anything can happen... its gonna be an enjoyable game..

I'm not here to bash, as there is nothing to bash about your Pats. You don't have to be a football genius to see that. I respect your team, and I've always thought that Brady is the best QB in all of football, may go down as the best ever. The cheating thing means nothing, it's insignificant at best. Your talent level never seems to drop. BB's defensive schemes are to be admired.

At the same time, I'm a lifelong, die hard Skins fan and I've never given up on them, and never will. For some reason, I absolutely cannot wait for this Sunday! This is going to be a physical football game, no matter what happens! There are going to be some major crunches on that field, and even you Pats fans have to admit that both sides will be dishing it out. Yeah, I'm optimistic, so we will see. And I will be back to eat crow if we get beaten down. And, if by chance, we go in there and steal a win, I will not be back to say 'I told you so'. HTTR!

I'm not here to bash, as there is nothing to bash about your Pats. You don't have to be a football genius to see that. I respect your team, and I've always thought that Brady is the best QB in all of football, may go down as the best ever. The cheating thing means nothing, it's insignificant at best. Your talent level never seems to drop. BB's defensive schemes are to be admired.

At the same time, I'm a lifelong, die hard Skins fan and I've never given up on them, and never will. For some reason, I absolutely cannot wait for this Sunday! This is going to be a physical football game, no matter what happens! There are going to be some major crunches on that field, and even you Pats fans have to admit that both sides will be dishing it out. Yeah, I'm optimistic, so we will see. And I will be back to eat crow if we get beaten down. And, if by chance, we go in there and steal a win, I will not be back to say 'I told you so'. HTTR!

Welcome aboard, dude. Here's to a game with no injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes