Asking for your support

Suds McKinzie or AHom

• Total voters
Good tackling for the most part.
TB was on fire
Amendola looked great
Suds looks like a semi gronk out there sometimes
Jones is a BEAST

Brady looks good as ever. He may be 36 but I see no drop in his game. He looks comfortable out there considering the fact that all his top receivers from the last few seasons are gone or injured.

The offense has huge potential in so small part due to the running game. This really is Ridley's season to shine, and the same goes for Vereen who is going to create a bunch of mismatches for the defense.

Amendola looks like he could be the real deal if he stays healthy, but I don't know what to make of our rookie receivers yet. Little flashes tell me that Amendola/Sudfeld/Thompkins are all capable of being productive players. We'll see about Dobson and Boyce the next few weeks.

Good looking pass rush, confident in our front seven. Not sure about the secondary but I really do think Talib makes a big difference even if he's gotten beat a couple times.

I think the Pats are a 12-4 or 13-3 team.

The front 7 is looking real good. Especially the defensive line, with Kelly's interior pass rush and Jones' improvement. I honestly can't wait to see this defensive unit with the main guys in the secondary healthy (McCourty/Dennard). And Jamie Collins looked good too. His athleticism definitely brings a boost to the LB corps. Very smart and versatile player.

Re: Re: Some really good signs out there tonight

Suds looks like a semi gronk out there sometimes

Now imagine him after he's a good year of the right diet and steady time in the weight room.

RB /FB going at Jones' legs? Seems he flipped a few times. Will that be the blocking strategy on him? He still looks real thin despite the "bulking up" reports. Had a nice game but thoughts on that?

I think Jones looks fine. He's got the right combination of power and speed. Plus he's a long guy so he's never gonna look so compact.

Why did Gotkowski not get an competition in camp? They brought in an extra punter, seems like base on last year and the preseason this year, it should have been an extra kicker.

I think it was far worse than a sprained ankle. Although the guy wasn't going to make the team anyway. Sorry to see a guy get a serious injury.

Any injury sucks, and I feel bad for the guy. But at least the Pats can put him on IR and he can try to make the 53 next year.

Why did Gostkowski not get an competition in camp? They brought in an extra punter, seems like base on last year and the preseason this year, it should have been an extra kicker.

Eh, he barely missed a 50 yarder after other guys committed two stupid penalties to push it out that far. I can't really get on Ghost for that one.

I was super happy with our starting offense, Brady to Amendola was so exciting I was yelling like it was a regular season game. And they were fired up, it was contagious.

I was super happy with the starting defense. The Bucs looked smothered and lost.

I was happy with Ryan Mallett. At first, I was grumbling. But as he played on I could see him gaining more confidence and getting more comfortable and all of the sudden I was enjoying watching him play.

I would have liked to see more from Dobson and Thompkins, particularly with Brady. But I know it's a work in progress.

I would liked to less, way less of Tim bloody Tebow.

Tavon Wilson and Harmon were both awful last night. Harmon took awful angles and Wilson just isn't very good. Both should be cut.

They should try Green at Safety. At least he was competitive in pass coverage and was a lot better at run support.

1st team offense was well balanced and just carved them up

1st team defense was active and aggressive...as I kept seeing penetration ...constantly....

as for the other groups...I thought Mallet played better after a shaky start....

young WR look good...

Tebow....stinks...

They should try Green at Safety. At least he was competitive in pass coverage and was a lot better at run support.

He just needs to remember he's not in college anymore and touch the player down. Two straight weeks i've seen him not down a receiver.

Tavon Wilson and Harmon were both awful last night. Harmon took awful angles and Wilson just isn't very good. Both should be cut.

yeah wilson doesn't look good...at all

Tavon Wilson is absolutely safe this season, but not because of his draft positioning (This is Bill Belichick guys!!).

Tavon, I believe, is on 3 ST units (although they didnt cover themselves with glory last night either) - likewise, Bolden is on 4 - whisch makes them alot more likely to make the 53.

Will it ever click for Wilson? Who knows - at this point he is an STer with aspirations to being a top reserve at safety...no more...no less.

And Jamie Collins looked good too. His athleticism definitely brings a boost to the LB corps. Very smart and versatile player.

How about that hustle to get over and ensure the receiver didn't get into the end zone and turn them over on downs. Now if only Wilson wasn't called for holding

yeah, I thought it was interesting that Belichick went with Thompkins rather than Dobson in the 2 WR sets...perhaps its because thompkins is a better route runner.

I expect both to have comparable seasons though...if we can get 400-500 yards out of both of them, that would be nice

We don't need five safeties to play the position of safety. If T. Wilson is competing for a special teams position, and emergency backup defensive back, he is competing with Ebner and Cole. Also, we could simply go with 4 safeties and use the roster spot for a special teamer like Bolden, Rivera, Beauharnais, Tarpinian or Koutouvides. Is Tavon really better than these guys as a special teamer?

No, if Tavon Wilson is to make the squad, it is because there is hope for him as a safety. The coaches see the practices and know how he is progressing, or not. I'm fine with him as the 5th safety over Ebner (he won't see the field), but only if he might have a future at safety.

Tavon Wilson is absolutely safe this season, but not because of his draft positioning (This is Bill Belichick guys!!).

Tavon, I believe, is on 3 ST units (although they didnt cover themselves with glory last night either) - likewise, Bolden is on 4 - whisch makes them alot more likely to make the 53.

Will it ever click for Wilson? Who knows - at this point he is an STer with aspirations to being a top reserve at safety...no more...no less.

We don't need five safeties to play the position of safety. If T. Wilson is competing for a special teams position, and emergency backup defensive back, he is competing with Ebner and Cole. Also, we could simply go with 4 safeties and use the roster spot for a special teamer like Bolden, Rivera, Beauharnais, Tarpinian or Koutouvides. Is Tavon really better than these guys as a special teamer?

No, if Tavon Wilson is to make the squad, it is because there is hope for him as a safety. The coaches see the practices and know how he is progressing, or not. I'm fine with him as the 5th safety over Ebner (he won't see the field), but only if he might have a future at safety.

Numbers wise I don't think you can justify a 5th RB over a 4th safety - especially seeing how many question marks we have back there outside McCourty.

There is also the matter of having 2+ safeties on the field all of the time and very rarely more than 1 RB.

I think Bolden is safe - he is a '4 core' guy on ST's my opinion is that Washington is the odd man out.

I think we have better diversity in the LBers to be able to move guys around should an injury happen - we have 3 locked in starters and a high draft round pick pushing them and contributing on nickel downs.

I'd definitely take Wilson over Tarpinian, Washington or Beauharnais right now - he is proven on ST's.

Just plain dumb... You don't cut anyone without a possible better replacement. Green is a smurf, too small, second rate CB, and way too small for Safety if he were even good enough to consider.

Don't know if I'm the only one that thinks Tavon Wilson might not be long for this team....

He's definitely in trouble at this point. Harmon looks far more productive and a harder hitter out there.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back