PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder watch / EDIT: Solder to NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody should ever be surprised when NE fails to match a top-dollar free agent offer.

Not having a salary cap would be great, but there is one, and it affects team-building. We will get by, somehow.

More interested in the guaranteed aspects and not the bells and whistles of the max overall amount.

Well the majority of teams have overpaid for some of our players. It's the patriots so let's overpay and make them weaker or whatever. These guys will retire with money in their pockets so good for them. They got their rings.

Good luck Nate!!
Tough off season for sure..In Bill I Trust.

Well the majority of teams have overpaid for some of our players. It's the patriots so let's overpay and make them weaker or whatever. These guys will retire with money in their pockets so good for them. They got their rings.

Insane money being thrown around.

All good things to Nate Solder and family..

That being said I am very curious to see how his game looks in a year without Scar to keep him on the toes. Will be interesting to observe..

35M gtd . insane money but also a lot of work and stress for a guy pondering retirement.
Sweet now . could be painful for both later..

I can’t be mad for not matching an offer which makes him the highest paid OL. It sucks to lose him though

Nothing they can do about that. Solder is a good player but he’s not even close to being the best OL in football, and that’s what the Giants paid him as. I could see going to 12.5-13 when pushed to it, but 15.5 is way too much.

Best of luck to him and his family.

I trust BB, but I have to admit this past three days has been painful AF.

It's always painful to lose players but is anyone arguing the team should've retained Butler and Solder at a level commensurate to the $$ they received elsewhere (ignoring, of course, the fact that Butler was highly unlikely to return regardless of what the Patriots offered)?

Makes sense. The Giants needed to at least appear to improve their o line and Soldier is beyond doubt an improvement to their o line.

NOw the FA opens a bit wider for Pats . unless Waddle & co aks for 10M apy..:rolleyes:

Interesting to follow how BB goes about LT now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe