PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So... where's the outrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seemed that Belichick decided to pull the pin out of the grenade at the last moment of a truly great season.

Yeah sure lets go with HoF coach known for being absolutely calm in the highest of pressure and his risk/benefit mindset deciding to kneejerk-bench a player instead of going with the obvious angle of benching a player who kept not doing what he was supposed (by jumping routes and leaving assignments to go for big plays) and showed a slow 2 weeks leading up to the SB.

Seriously have you heard of Jamie Collins and his freelancing ? Do you remember how Butlers career got started ? By BB benching a starter (Arrington) who could not get the job done and playing a UDFA who had minimal experience in the friggin SB.

That being said it is funny to see people no being able to get over that. Just freaking move on.. we just won another SB. Seriously..

Yeah sure lets go with HoF coach known for being absolutely calm in the highest of pressure and his risk/benefit mindset deciding to kneejerk-bench a player instead of going with the obvious angle of benching a player who kept not doing what he was supposed (by jumping routes and leaving assignments to go for big plays) and showed a slow 2 weeks leading up to the SB.

Seriously have you heard of Jamie Collins and his freelancing ? Do you remember how Butlers career got started ? By BB benching a starter (Arrington) who could not get the job done and playing a UDFA who had minimal experience in the friggin SB.

That being said it is funny to see people no being able to get over that. Just freaking move on.. we just won another SB. Seriously..

Why????.....it's literally the the subject of the thread title. It's a comparison to the Gurley situation.

The better question is why are you clicking this thread and repeatedly posting in some place you don't want to be?

Yogi Berra: "No one goes to that bar anymore, it's too crowded........"

In the meantime, most true geniuses are a little "strange" at times. Dressing Butler for a game that he had no intention of playing him in while wasting an active roster spot in two areas of need is simply not very sane. Not informing him or his replacement about that until 5 minutes before the game is even stranger.

Why????.....it's literally the the subject of the thread title. It's a comparison to the Gurley situation.

The better question is why are you clicking this thread and repeatedly posting in some place you don't want to be?

Yogi Berra: "No one goes to that bar anymore, it's too crowded........"

The comparison is absolutely moronic. Gurley played 66% of all snaps in the SB while Butler had 1 on ST.

One player was benched for performance / gameplan reasons the other was on the field and ineffective.

super-bowl-offense-snap-counts.png

In the meantime, most true geniuses are a little "strange" at times. Dressing Butler for a game that he had no intention of playing him in while wasting an active roster spot in two areas of need is simply not very sane. Not informing him or his replacement about that until 5 minutes before the game is even stranger.

Again there was nobody else to dress. And with Jonathan Jones on IR it is extremely obvious to see why CB was a position that might be in trouble if someone got injured. I don't get why you keep repeating this.

If you think having Panda Express Branch sit on the bench to do nothing was better than Butler in case of a CB going down then I don't know what to tell you.

The comparison is absolutely moronic. Gurley played 66% of all snaps in the SB while Butler had 1 on ST.

One player was benched for performance / gameplan reasons the other was on the field and ineffective.

super-bowl-offense-snap-counts.png

Thank you for making my point.

Gurley wasn't ostracized by his coach nearly as much as Butler.

Butler played 98% of the season and the entire game in the AFCCG. They dressed him and put him out there under the cameras for the SB for the humiliation factor. LeGarette Blount ran right up the gut in that game for 90+ yards without an Alan Branch to help out.

We got Nick Foles torching Eric Rowe (who had no idea he was starting until 5 minutes before the game) and Jordan Richards.

Facts are facts.

Once again - - I'll take Belichick everyday and twice on Sundays while STILL keeping my eyes open that even though he is brilliant 90% of the time, 10% of the time the needle skids off the record. I'll take that gladly.

Honestly you sound like one of those helicopter moms who shriek "My little Billy is perfect in every way!!!!" The truth is everyone is human and geniuses are fascinating people.

Again there was nobody else to dress. And with Jonathan Jones on IR it is extremely obvious to see why CB was a position that might be in trouble if someone got injured. I don't get why you keep repeating this.

If you think having Panda Express Branch sit on the bench to do nothing was better than Butler in case of a CB going down then I don't know what to tell you.

"Butler in case a CB went down"???????

Dear Lord, Rowe and Richards were experiencing 3rd degree burns out there....to Nick Foles - - - what exactly is your definition of that secondary needing reinforcements?

LeGarette Blount 14 carries 90 yards 1 TD

luuked, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I gotta go to a meeting now, but I've enjoyed the back and forth.

On to 7!!!!

Thank you for making my point.

Gurley wasn't ostracized by his coach nearly as much as Butler.

Butler played 98% of the season and the entire game in the AFCCG. They dressed him and put him out there under the cameras for the SB for the humiliation factor. LeGarette Blount ran right up the gut in that game for 90+ yards without an Alan Branch to help out.

We got Nick Foles torching Eric Rowe (who had no idea he was starting until 5 minutes before the game) and Jordan Richards.

Facts are facts.

Have you watched any of the 2017 season ?

Branch was absolute garbage the entire year and together with the HT injury the main reason why the defense fell apart. But I suppose you think that it was 2015/2016 Branch that was made inactive.

You keep repeating this absolute absurd line about dressing Butler and keep ignoring the 3-4 posts that have already explained to you why it was necessary to do that with Jonathan Jones on IR. But keep banging that drum and make yourself look silly.

Richards snaps have absolutely zero to do with anything but Chung getting attention for an injury and his ST role. Similarly despite popular opinion Rowe played a solid game AFTER he got reassigned to a matchup that better fit him.

Now putting Rowe initially on Jeffrey was a coaching mistake and an error when trying to come up with the right matchups. That is worth talking over and a different story.

Gurley is either hurt, in which case they faked the injury report, or he's a huge head case, in which case what the hell lmao
If he isn't missing parts of practices do they need to add him to the injury report? Brady probably hurt his knee during the Titans game, but they didn't have to report it since he never missed practice time. Same with Gronk.

This thread asks the question where's the outrage and @shmessy is answering that question.

This thread asks the question where's the outrage and @shmessy is answering that question.

Why should there be an outrage ? Gurley played 66% of snaps. He was not benched. He was just ineffective for whatever reason; most probably some injury.

Why would there be any outrage and how is any of this even related to Butler who was definitely not injured and was literally benched except for one ST snap.

Why should there be an outrage ? Gurley played 66% of snaps. He was not benched. He was just ineffective for whatever reason; most probably some injury.

Why would there be any outrage and how is any of this even related to Butler who was definitely not injured and was literally benched except for one ST snap.

I think the OP was trying to compare the outrage from fans of each team. I'd still like to know why Butler was benched and to a lesser degree why Gurley was so ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back