PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

so, the Colts have some boo-boo's, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back to you as well. We definitely lucked out with the Colt representation here.

I'm actually more worried about Manning throwing a bunch of checkdowns to the RBs (Brown, Addai or whoever) than I am about anything deep. Wayne seems hampered by his knee and doesn't seem to have the same burst in his route running. Garcon is fine but I'm wondering if he is mentally sharp with all the criticism he has received from the local media.

I'm hoping that Collie doesn't play for his sake. His routes tend to put him in range of the safeties and if he gets lit up by Meriweather or Chung, he could be out for an extended period of time. Getting 2 concussions within a 2 week period starts to put you in that danger zone.

Ya, Wayne just can't do as much when he is the focus of the defense and we don't have ways to make them pay for it. Garcon has not been the same since the drop in the Super Bowl. His is all mental. His spot may be up for grabs soon.

Here. So you will feel better about yourself. Bill Polian said that we have had an epidemic of injuries. You obviously have more time to got find stuff to support your way of thinking. I have no clue if your guys have talked about it much. BB doesn't say much, so I'm guessing there is only a little material out there. I have to kids to feed, get dressed and off to school as well as getting myself ready for work. I don't have the time to go research what your guys say. I'm glad you don't have any homework if you are at home or your boss doesn't mind you surfing the net at work, but I have more important things to do. Though I still haven't seen where anyone said the challenge of the Patriots is going to be too hard because of our injuries. BTW, I need to finish getting ready for work if you don't mind. I'll try to pop back on before I leave to say bye, if that's ok.

I guess this is as close to "I was wrong" as we're going to get.

I guess it's kind of fitting that you're using your kids, job, school, etc. as an excuse as to why you can't support your own argument.

Trickled all the way down from the GM to the fans. :rofl:

Apparently you know nothing about Colts football so stop speaking on it.

- Brackett is missing Sunday's game.
- Session is likely missing Sunday's game.
- Sanders didn't even come close to practicing this week.

I meant on offense. The Colts have never needed a great defense before to win games and they certainly don't need it for them to beat the Patriots.

- Collie is questionable.

He fully participated in practice, I expect that he will be playing.

- Addai is even more questionable with that neck injury after being only limited yesterday.

I'm expecting him to play and even if he didn't it isn't as if you have some scrub behind him. Brown is someone that has been groomed in the Colt's system.

- Our second string TE (Elridge) is out.

Elridge is not a starter and I doubt the drop off is so great between him and Tamee, is it?

Manning was playing with 5th and 6th string WRs from the practice squad. An undrafted free agent from practice squad got the majority of the snaps from RB (Javarris James) and our 3rd string TE is currently starting (Jacob Tamme). Our offense line consists of two undrafted guards, an undrafted center who's getting very old, a 6th round left tackle, and a 4th round over the hill right tackle (Ryan Diem) who's easily the worst blocker on the Colts.

I would love to see how Brady does with that line, along with Tate, Hernandez, & Grownkowski being out, as well as Welker missing multiple games.

Lol, so its not enough that Brady has lost both Moss and Faulk this year but now you have two take away basically everyone but Branch to make your point? Obviously you have no idea about the Patriots situation. Why don't you go offensive starter by starter on the two teams and tell me which QB has more talent around him. I can't wait to hear how Brady gets to benefit from superstars like Danny Woodhead and BJGE. How he is spoiled with rookie TEs and receivers like Tate and Branch outside. Please tell me anyone on the Patriots offense who has even half of the talent of Reggie Wayne.

I would LOVE to see how Brady does with his 5th & 6th string WR on the practice squad taking the majority of the snaps, while having an undrafted 4th string RB from the practice squad taking the handoffs.

When were Wayne, Collie and Garcon all out at the same time? This is all sensationalized excuse making. Fact is that for this game Manning will have most of his offense in place and they will be more than talented enough to take advantage of a young and exploitable NE defense.

Where is the woe is me int that? I was responding to his comments about Blair White.

Peyton has made his line better. Most other QBs would have been sacked at least twice as many times, probably three times as many times.

Retreaded Branch? When you guys traded for him, his second coming was being hailed as the second coming.

I'll trade you our healthy running backs for your healthy running backs in a heartbeat.

I took the reference to not having anyone to stretch the field as excuse making. The fact is that the Colts have plenty of talent and will have much more talent then the Patriots O for this upcoming game.

As for Branch, hardly anyone made him out to be anything more then a veteran security blanket for Brady. Any expectations more then that were far fetched.

As for RBs I'll trade you BJGE for Addai in a second. What, don't want to take that one?

I guess this is as close to "I was wrong" as we're going to get.

I guess it's kind of fitting that you're using your kids, job, school, etc. as an excuse as to why you can't support your own argument.

Trickled all the way down from the GM to the fans. :rofl:

I'm not saying I'm wrong. I'm saying I'm busy and I have a life. Maybe you should get one.

I meant on offense. The Colts have never needed a great defense before to win games and they certainly don't need it for them to beat the Patriots.

I'm expecting him to play and even if he didn't it isn't as if you have some scrub behind him. Brown is someone that has been groomed in the Colt's system.

Elridge is not a starter and I doubt the drop off is so great between him and Tamee, is it?

Lol, so its not enough that Brady has lost both Moss and Faulk this year but now you have two take away basically everyone but Branch to make your point? Obviously you have no idea about the Patriots situation. Why don't you go offensive starter by starter on the two teams and tell me which QB has more talent around him. I can't wait to hear how Brady gets to benefit from superstars like Danny Woodhead and BJGE. How he is spoiled with rookie TEs and receivers like Tate and Branch outside. Please tell me anyone on the Patriots offense who has even half of the talent of Reggie Wayne.

When were Wayne, Collie and Garcon all out at the same time? This is all sensationalized excuse making. Fact is that for this game Manning will have most of his offense in place and they will be more than talented enough to take advantage of a young and exploitable NE defense.

Like I mentioned earlier, I hope Collie plays, but he hasn't been cleared for contact yet. So, one full practice has me optimistic, but I'm not counting on him.

Brown may know the Colts system, but he has been marginal to sucky most of the time. He was a 1st round pick that was passed on the depth chart by Mike Hart who was a 6th round pick in the same draft. And the last two games Brown has been pulled inside the 10. His blocking has been spotty and I don't think the coaches like having him back there to block.

Eldridge is a blocking tight end and was converted from tackle to tight end at Oklahoma and is no real threat in the passing game. Tamme has stepped up nicely since he only had 6 catches before this year to become Peyton's outlet/2nd option. So the drop off is sizable.

BB says plenty. It's just that 0% of it is excuse-making or whining. It's the Patriot Way, which is very different from the Colts way.

Ya, there are no pics of Brady sulking or throw a temper tantrum or any other Patriots either. Good one.

Everyone know Belichick doesn't say crap. He is the ultimate in coach speak, say words only because you have to and don't say anything while doing it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I hope Collie plays, but he hasn't been cleared for contact yet. So, one full practice has me optimistic, but I'm not counting on him.

Brown may know the Colts system, but he has been marginal to sucky most of the time. He was a 1st round pick that was passed on the depth chart by Mike Hart who was a 6th round pick in the same draft. And the last two games Brown has been pulled inside the 10. His blocking has been spotty and I don't think the coaches like having him back there to block.

Eldridge is a blocking tight end and was converted from tackle to tight end at Oklahoma and is no real threat in the passing game. Tamme has stepped up nicely since he only had 6 catches before this year to become Peyton's outlet/2nd option. So the drop off is sizable.

I am expecting that both Collie and Addai play, so I don't even consider the first two as issues. As far as the TE position goes, that is the place where the Colts have been hurt. The discussion about going from Tamme to Eldridge is irrelevant as the real drop off was from Clark to whoever. No doubt that is painful, but the Colts are still loaded with talent going into this game and I am not buying this injury excuse. Have they had injuries? Sure every team does. Have they had them piled up for a couple of games in an untimely fashion? Yeah ok, but that seems to be coming around now...just in time for the Pats game.

What your team is going through is similar to what New England went through last season, and what the Patriots have had to deal with this season. Last year, the Patriots were using Sam Aiken at WR3, and Tate played just long enough to get hurt again, after getting injured as a senior in college. This year, Welker's coming off injury, Tate's been moved to the WR1 spot, Moss was traded, Branch has been injured, and the team has been relying on rookies at TE.

The only real difference is that Manning is healthier than Brady was last year. It's difficult for Patriots fans to be sympathetic to the Colts' fans woes, as a result. After all, with the exception of 2007 and this season, Manning has always had better weapons around him than has Brady.

Last edited:
Can't we just all agree that Polian and the media are making way too much about the Colts so called injuries, and move on?

Can't we just all agree that Polian and the media are making way too much about the Colts so called injuries, and move on?

:ugh:

Didn't you start all of this?

The real problem is you guys still listen to Polian. Most Colts fans have a Polian filter, so we don't hear a whole lot that he says anymore. It's kind of like those horns at the World Cup. It kind of just fades into the back ground after a while.

For whatever reason, it seems as if many in the media think that a pre-season injury causes no hardship, but an in-season injury is devastating.

There's also the fantasy football effect: players that get to touch the ball are much more well known even by casual fans; most linemen and defensive players are not as well known and therefore (incorrectly) not viewed as being as important by many.

The media can talk about an injury to a QB, RB, WR or TE and people will listen; when they talk about an injury to players of other positions many fans tune them out. Can't blame all the difference in the way the injuries are reported on the media; much is due to their audience (us, the fans) as well.

They haven't had injuries on offense?

- Addai missed multiple games.
- Clark's out for the year.
- Donald Brown's missed multiple games.
- Mike Hart has missed multiple games and is still missing games.
- Anthony Gonzalez is out for the year.
- Blaire White missed multiple games.
- Brody Elridge has missed multiple games.
- Garcon missed a couple games.
- Collie has missed multiple games.

At one point, we had a 6th string WR, 4th string RB, and 3rd string TE all in the lineup on every snap. Along with a mentally disturbed 6th rounder in Garcon who's been pure garbage outside of the Redskins game.

I expect him to play too.

Stop. PLEASE. Stop. You know NOTHING about Colts football. Donald Brown has been one of the biggest busts thus far in a LONG time. He got beat out by a 4th string undrafted free agent from the practice squad Javarris James. Javarris James took over for Brown in the middle of a game, and stayed in for the remainder of it because Brown was doing so bad. Brown's an injury prone, clueless bust who can't pass block for his life. Why do you think Mike Hart started when Addai went down?

Donald Brown has done terrible this season. Ask any Colts fan. He sucks at pass protection, isn't running hard, and lost his spot to an undrafted player from the practice squad.

Elridge was the second string. We can't run 2 TE sets without Elridge anymore because Tamme's biggest weakness is blocking. Elridge was always ahead of Tamme on the depth chart, and in 2 TE sets, it was Clark & Elridge before they both got hurt.

First of all, the Patriots traded away Moss because he made the team worse. Brady has been playing BETTER without Moss. So please, take Randy Moss' name and remove it from your brain. You didn't see Colts fans *****ing when Marvin Harrison, a HOF receiver, got replaced by a 6th rounder with bad hands, did you?

Lets go talent by talent:

Wayne > Branch.
Welker > Garcon (and this isn't close at this point)
Collie > Tate (although Collie's been out with a concussion, if I used the 6th string WR that played for the Colts last game, this would go in Tate's favor)
Hernandez/Gronkowski > Elridge/Tamme
Law Firm/Woodhead > Brown/James

and most importantly...Patriots Line >>>>>>>>> Colts line.

The Colts have better RBs when healthy because Addai/Hart are very solid, but Addai/Hart haven't been playing and Hart isn't returning for a long time. The Patriots CLEARLY have the better offensive talent right now. Their line is miles ahead of the Colts line, Brady can put a f*cking folding chair in the backfield and sit there for 10 minutes if he'd like.

I never said Wayne, Collie, & Garcon were out at the same time. And I also never said Manning wouldn't have most of his weapons come Sunday. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop putting words in my mouth.

My point is that the Colts are much more injury ridden than the Patriots, and the arrogance and stupidity of half the fans here is mind boggling. If they can take off their homer glasses and have a rational conversation like a human being, and actually take note that our injury report is lengthy, we wouldn't have a blown up thread full of clueless douchebags and stupid replies.

Last edited:
My point is that the Colts are much more injury ridden than the Patriots, and the arrogance and stupidity of half the fans here is mind boggling.

15 is more than 15? if you want to deal in facts, please just look at the evidence rather than name-calling.

15 Colts are out or listed with injury issues:
Addai
Brackett
Bullitt
Clark
Collie
Eldridge
Gonzalez
Hart
Hayden
King
Moore
Sanders
Session
Tryon
White

This doesn't include Wayne, Freeney, or Mathis who are "injured" due to prctice limitations but apparently have just been rested, and it's 100% that will play

source: Indianapolis Colts Roster | NFL at CBSSports.com

15 Patriots are out or listed with injury issues:
Barrett
Bodden
Brace
Faulk
Gostkowski
Lockett
McGowan
Neal
Page
Pryor
Richard
Taylor
Warren
Weston
Willhite

This doesn't include Brady, whose injury should be minor and 100% will play

source: New England Patriots Roster | NFL at CBSSports.com

Explain the Colts math again, how 15 is so much more than 15...

Last edited:
I just want to say this based on reading through the pages, sure the Pats have equal number of bodies injured. Even I as a pats fan can admit their bodies are much more important losses than ours. I don't agree they are decimated by injuries though.

popcorngiraffe.gif

15 is more than 15? if you want to deal in facts, please just look at the evidence rather than name-calling.

15 Colts are out or listed with injury issues:
Addai
Brackett
Bullitt
Clark
Collie
Eldridge
Gonzalez
Hart
Hayden
King
Moore
Sanders
Session
Tryon
White

This doesn't include Wayne, Freeney, or Mathis who are "injured" due to prctice limitations but apparently have just been rested, and it's 100% that will play

source: Indianapolis Colts Roster | NFL at CBSSports.com

15 Patriots are out or listed with injury issues:
Barrett
Bodden
Brace
Faulk
Gostkowski
Lockett
McGowan
Neal
Page
Pryor
Richard
Taylor
Warren
Weston
Willhite

This doesn't include Brady, whose injury should be minor and 100% will play

source: New England Patriots Roster | NFL at CBSSports.com

Explain the Colts math again, how 15 is so much more than 15...

Somebody tell me this guy isn't serious. PLEASE.

Bodden, Faulk, Gostkowski, McGowan, Neal, and Ty Warren are CORE PLAYERS LOST

So are Addai, Bullitt, Clark, and Session

I don't see the big difference other than timing, and that ONE TEAM HAD BETTER REPLACEMENTS PREPARED TO STEP IN.

They haven't had injuries on offense?

- Addai missed multiple games.
- Clark's out for the year.
- Donald Brown's missed multiple games.
- Mike Hart has missed multiple games and is still missing games.
- Anthony Gonzalez is out for the year.
- Blaire White missed multiple games.
- Brody Elridge has missed multiple games.
- Garcon missed a couple games.
- Collie has missed multiple games.

At one point, we had a 6th string WR, 4th string RB, and 3rd string TE all in the lineup on every snap. Along with a mentally disturbed 6th rounder in Garcon who's been pure garbage outside of the Redskins game.

Now who is putting words in people's mouths? Did I say they didn't have any injuries on offense? No. I've said they are getting their starters back for this game with the exception at TE. With the possible question of Addai, that looks to be accurate. I don't frankly care what your injury situation has been in the past. For this game they are starting to get healthy.

Stop. PLEASE. Stop. You know NOTHING about Colts football. Donald Brown has been one of the biggest busts thus far in a LONG time. He got beat out by a 4th string undrafted free agent from the practice squad Javarris James. Javarris James took over for Brown in the middle of a game, and stayed in for the remainder of it because Brown was doing so bad. Brown's an injury prone, clueless bust who can't pass block for his life. Why do you think Mike Hart started when Addai went down?

Donald Brown has done terrible this season. Ask any Colts fan. He sucks at pass protection, isn't running hard, and lost his spot to an undrafted player from the practice squad.

Fine, he sucks, I still expect Addai to play.

Elridge was the second string. We can't run 2 TE sets without Elridge anymore because Tamme's biggest weakness is blocking. Elridge was always ahead of Tamme on the depth chart, and in 2 TE sets, it was Clark & Elridge before they both got hurt.

Again, I've already said the TE position has been hurt. Its not the end of the world.

First of all, the Patriots traded away Moss because he made the team worse. Brady has been playing BETTER without Moss. So please, take Randy Moss' name and remove it from your brain. You didn't see Colts fans *****ing when Marvin Harrison, a HOF receiver, got replaced by a 6th rounder with bad hands, did you?

Now who is talking about things they don't know about. There is no way shape or form that Brady played better without Moss.

4games with Moss:
C:85 A:122 %:70 YPA:7.5 TD:9 Int:2

5games without Moss:
C:111 A:182 %:61 YPA:7.0 TD:8 Int:2

So this offense was most certainly hurt by trading Moss at least in the short term. The idea that it wouldn't is ridiculous.

Lets go talent by talent:

Wayne > Branch.
Welker > Garcon (and this isn't close at this point)
Collie > Tate (although Collie's been out with a concussion, if I used the 6th string WR that played for the Colts last game, this would go in Tate's favor)
Hernandez/Gronkowski > Elridge/Tamme
Law Firm/Woodhead > Brown/James

and most importantly...Patriots Line >>>>>>>>> Colts line.

I love how you put the emphasis on the patriots line over the colts line but don't do the same for any of the other positions. Here let me take a stab at this.

Wayne,Garcon,Collie >>>> Welker, Branch and Tate. As a unit this is not even a question. Wayne alone is a game changer but even Collie has been better then most Pats WRs. As for Welker, you obviously haven't been watching this year as he still hasn't fully recovered from blowing out his knee last year. He still plays with a brace and hasn't been able to get the separation he used to.

Hernandez/Gronk/Crumpler>>Colts remaining TE. However, at the end of the day its still a couple of rookies which will make big errors just like they did in the Cleavland game.

Addai>Taylor/Woodhead/Morris. I am still assuming addai is coming back and I would still rather have him then the mish mosh in the pat's backfield. Its no question.

As for the line, I don't think the disparity is as great as you think it is. Light and Koppen have been in steady decline, and in particular Koppen. Mankins, who just showed up is great, and Vollmer has been good. Neal is hurt again and Connolley is a Journeyman. This isn't some probowl line by any stretch.

I never said Wayne, Collie, & Garcon were out at the same time. And I also never said Manning wouldn't have most of his weapons come Sunday. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop putting words in my mouth.

You said practice squaders were taking the bulk of snaps. How is any practice squad player taking the bulk of snaps when the starters are still on the field?

My point is that the Colts are much more injury ridden than the Patriots, and the arrogance and stupidity of half the fans here is mind boggling. If they can take off their homer glasses and have a rational conversation like a human being, and actually take note that our injury report is lengthy, we wouldn't have a blown up thread full of clueless douchebags and stupid replies.

Take a look in the mirror buddy. Your team isn't the only one with injuries. Seriously grow up.

Somebody tell me this guy isn't serious. PLEASE.

Do you have trouble with facts? I am merely listing the injured players from their rosters. IS CBS Sports wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye