SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Cowboys
Sun
Nov 24th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Hard Fought Win
After a slow start, the Patriots defense shut down Philadelphia as New England improved to 9-1 on the season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

so, the Colts have some boo-boo's, right?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATSNUTme, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostjumper

lostjumper Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2
    The pats are used to this. We've been playing again the colts and the refs for 5 straight years!

2. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2
    i'll be at the game. be nice to me

3. Fball

Fball Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0
    It's funny to read stuff like this; perception as a fan does not = reality.

I would never argue that the Colts don't get favorable officiating, but around the league's fanbases, 4 teams are generally acknowledged to get this: the Colts, the Steelers, the Cowboys, and yes - the Pats.

4. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +486
    The Colts will have all of their players back except for Clark and you are still going to play the "woe is me" card? What happened to all those claims that Peyton made his line better and Peyton made his WRs better? All you ever heard about was how he could make anyone great. Now, unless he has Wayne, Clark and at least two other great WRs then he can't possibly be expected to perform. Meanwhile Brady is doing it with the likes of Brandon Tate, a retreaded Branch and Welker on one leg. Tell you what, lets swap all of the Colts WRs and RBs for all the Pats WRs and RBs, deal?

5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52,882
    There's a common thread with those 4 teams that would make people say that, true or not.

6. tobias funke

tobias funke Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +44
    I'll take "most nationally televised games in recent history" for $800, Alex.

7. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +873
    This effectively ends the debate. Thanks for the facts.

8. tobias funke

Ratings:
    +44
    Since I posted those two quotes, workhorse hasn't made a post in this thread.

I'm going to assume he's in the bathroom.

(beating up a towel dispenser)

9. RWayne911

RWayne911 Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently you know nothing about Colts football so stop speaking on it.

- Brackett is missing Sunday's game.
    - Session is likely missing Sunday's game.
    - Sanders didn't even come close to practicing this week.
    - Collie is questionable.
    - Addai is even more questionable with that neck injury after being only limited yesterday.
    - Our second string TE (Elridge) is out.

Manning was playing with 5th and 6th string WRs from the practice squad. An undrafted free agent from practice squad got the majority of the snaps from RB (Javarris James) and our 3rd string TE is currently starting (Jacob Tamme). Our offense line consists of two undrafted guards, an undrafted center who's getting very old, a 6th round left tackle, and a 4th round over the hill right tackle (Ryan Diem) who's easily the worst blocker on the Colts.

I would love to see how Brady does with that line, along with Tate, Hernandez, & Grownkowski being out, as well as Welker missing multiple games.

I would LOVE to see how Brady does with his 5th & 6th string WR on the practice squad taking the majority of the snaps, while having an undrafted 4th string RB from the practice squad taking the handoffs.

Only Clark? You honestly said we only have Clark out? LOL. If it makes you all feel better at this board, you can use your imagination and say we "only" have Clark out.

10. workhorse

workhorse Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4
    Chill out. My life isn't centered around a message board. Forgive me for taking my daughter to school and going to the store. Jeeze.

11. Metaphors

Metaphors In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8
    Dude, nice to see you back on the board. Interested in your opinion on the impact of Brackett and Session being out (haven't practiced this week). Eagles ran through the middle of the Colts D and Gresham had a great game last week. With Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker on tap, I would think not having those linebackers would have a larger impact on the game than Addai or Collie.

Also, how are the injuries affecting special teams? Seems like PHI and CIN (two below average return units) had some success on kickoffs. Tate has been quiet for a while but he is overdue to bust a return.

12. workhorse

Ratings:
    +4
    Where is the woe is me int that? I was responding to his comments about Blair White.

Peyton has made his line better. Most other QBs would have been sacked at least twice as many times, probably three times as many times.

Retreaded Branch? When you guys traded for him, his second coming was being hailed as the second coming.

I'll trade you our healthy running backs for your healthy running backs in a heartbeat.

13. tobias funke

Ratings:
    +44
    So it was only centered around a message board when no one had posted evidence directly negating your argument that Colts' personnel haven't made multiple references to injuries being tough to deal with this season.

Makes sense to me. :)

14. workhorse

Ratings:
    +4
    Our back ups have been pretty decent at linebacker, but both Angerer and Conner are rooks and make some rookie mistakes. There is a definite drop off, but I like Angerer's play. Brackett's impact would be felt more in the passing game, but Session is playing at a higher level. So, it's a toss up if I had to pick if I could only choose to have one back this week. I picked up Gronkowski in my fantasy league if that tells you anything. And I'm not kidding. The offense really needs to get back either Addai or Collie to add some stability. The threat of a run game and even some limited success is key to this offense clicking. The passing game has been really diminished with only two real options, Reggie and Jacob Tamme. Without that third option, teams have been taking away Reggie. So adding either Addai or Collie should open things up a little.

15. workhorse

Ratings:
    +4
    Wtf are you taking about? I'm sorry if real life gets in the way of your internet.

16. tobias funke

Ratings:
    +44
    I'm also not surprised at all you're continuing an off-topic line of discussion instead of responding to the quotes in question.

Then again I guess this is the internet, where admitting you were wrong and moving on is against the rules.

C'est la vie.

17. Metaphors

Metaphors In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8
    Welcome back to you as well. We definitely lucked out with the Colt representation here.

I'm actually more worried about Manning throwing a bunch of checkdowns to the RBs (Brown, Addai or whoever) than I am about anything deep. Wayne seems hampered by his knee and doesn't seem to have the same burst in his route running. Garcon is fine but I'm wondering if he is mentally sharp with all the criticism he has received from the local media.

I'm hoping that Collie doesn't play for his sake. His routes tend to put him in range of the safeties and if he gets lit up by Meriweather or Chung, he could be out for an extended period of time. Getting 2 concussions within a 2 week period starts to put you in that danger zone.

18. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +16,656
    people criticize the Patriots for "never saying anything" in press conferences, and everyone speaking Belichickian, saying

-it is what is is
    -one game at a time
    -we just want to do our job
    -every opponent is tough
    -we need to get better at every aspect of the game

But notice when a strong coach isn't there to teach the players how to handle themselves in public, whiny Coltish excuse-fests can occur.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  19. tobias funke

Ratings:
    +44
    When your General Manager is the saying things like "We're on the brink of succumbing to this injury epidemic", it's only going to trickle down to the rest of the team.

Honestly that's what offends me the most. From throwing his O-line under the bus after the Super Bowl, to this, it just doesn't seem like the sort of things your most public front-office employee should be saying to the media. Why not try to give the guys who are healthy as much confidence as possible that they can get the job done?

20. workhorse

Ratings:
    +4
    Here. So you will feel better about yourself. Bill Polian said that we have had an epidemic of injuries. You obviously have more time to got find stuff to support your way of thinking. I have no clue if your guys have talked about it much. BB doesn't say much, so I'm guessing there is only a little material out there. I have to kids to feed, get dressed and off to school as well as getting myself ready for work. I don't have the time to go research what your guys say. I'm glad you don't have any homework if you are at home or your boss doesn't mind you surfing the net at work, but I have more important things to do. Though I still haven't seen where anyone said the challenge of the Patriots is going to be too hard because of our injuries. BTW, I need to finish getting ready for work if you don't mind. I'll try to pop back on before I leave to say bye, if that's ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.