PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

so, the Colts have some boo-boo's, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Over the past few weeks I've heard people in the media cry about all the injuries their beloved Colt have.

Here are some of their notable players on IR :

Bullit, Gonzalez, Clark. I heard that Collie and Addai have some injuries.

Now here is a list of notable Patriots players on IR:

Warren, Bodden, McGowen,the Ghost, Faulk: Now, Taylor and Neal have been out.

So which other important Colts players are injured do they cannot play? Maybe I missed some. There has to be more to have the media people pull out their crying towels, or does there? :cool:

Bob Sanders, but that's a yearly tradition now.

Bob Sanders, but that's a yearly tradition now.

I never thought he was a good bet for the Colts. Sure, he plays great, but he is ALWAYS hurt. He's too small, and uses his body as a projectile.

I never thought he was a good bet for the Colts. Sure, he plays great, but he is ALWAYS hurt. He's too small, and uses his body as a projectile.

Yeah, he's pretty irrelevant now.

However, he is one of the main reasons they won the SB in 2006.

Over the past few weeks I've heard people in the media cry about all the injuries their beloved Colt have.

Here are some of their notable players on IR :

Bullit, Gonzalez, Clark. I heard that Collie and Addai have some injuries.

Now here is a list of notable Patriots players on IR:

Warren, Bodden, McGowen,the Ghost, Faulk: Now, Taylor and Neal have been out.

So which other important Colts players are injured do they cannot play? Maybe I missed some. There has to be more to have the media people pull out their crying towels, or does there? :cool:

How long is he out for, he was not on their IR list.

Injuries happen, and they are expected. However, when they get too numerous, happen to the wrong player (2008), or inordinately strike one area of a team, they can have an enormous impact on a team.

It's not surprising that the Colts would gripe about the injuries, since they are devastating the receiving corps. On the other hand, they've still got Wayne.

Last edited:
Injuries happen, and they are expected. However, when they get too numerous, happen to the wrong player (2008), or inordinately strike one area of a team, they can have an enormous impact on a team.

It's not surprising that the Colts would gripe about the injuries, since they are devastating the receiving corps. On the other hand, they've still got Wayne.

What about Garcon?

What about Garcon?

I named Wayne because he's an excellent player. I wasn't trying to be all-inclusive. Plus, to be fair to the Colts fans, Garcon has been injured this season.

Garcon also seems to have lost the ability to catch lately...

What DI said, pretty much. We've had a lot of injuries, but at least they've been pretty evenly dispersed throughout the team. No one position has been hit too hard. We've taken hits at RB, guard, safety, CB, DE, and now kicker, but guard is the only position where the depth has really been taxed, and Mankins' return is helping out there.

There's also the simple fact that injuries don't really get noticed unless they visibly hurt your team, even to the casual observer. Everyone's harping on the Steelers' OL injuries because of their clear inability to overcome them. Same with the Colts and WRs. To the casual eye, though, none of the Patriots' injuries seem to have slowed them down (we know better than that, of course. Bodden and Warren would take the D to a different level). It's the same reason why the 2004 injury mess went greatly underreported, even though it should have been debilitating.

Last edited:
Addai - 1st Runningback

Mike Hart- Our short yardage RB who has been playing better than our #2 Brown

Dallas Clark- huge HUGE loss

Tamme- Who has been putting up better per game stats than Clark and apparently could barely walk after sundays game

Anthony Gonzalez- done for season

Austin Collie- should be back this week but has been banged up

Bob Sanders- he's always gone but when he plays he makes a huge difference

Melvin Bullitt- has been our consistent starting safety for 2-3 years now was a captain and leader on defense/ special teams

Jerruad Powers- our best 1 on 1 cover corner

Gary Brackett- The captain and leader of our defense

Garcon- has been banged up and that has showed as he's all but vanished in recent weeks

now compare that to the Patriots and its painfully obvious (atleast for us colts fans) who has the most significant injuries. That being said thats the life of the NFL

You gotta play the hand you are dealt. That means you play the players that are healthy. The Colts weren't crying about their injured players when they won this past Sunday. They shouldn't cry about them if they lose this Sunday. Having solid depth is a requirement for any team with championship hopes.

Could this be a trap game. Well, a near-trap game?

The following worries me (from power ranking thread):
"The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Peyton Manning has now put forth three sub-par game ratings in his last five – 65.0 vs. KC, 67.0 vs. PHI and 69.8 vs. CIN. He hasn’t had a stretch with three bad games like that in a concentrated bunch since his rookie year. "

Manning will be pissed. He will be riled up. He will be ready to win, desperate to win against us.

We are coming off what many view as a huge upset win in Pittsburgh, a huge emotional high.

I don't want to say it's a trap game, because it is Manning and the Colts, so I can't imagine our defense underestimating them. But just sayin, we need to be on our toes! Manning is going to be out to prove something.

Last edited:
Coaching & depth are always huge when it comes to injuries. The Colts simply aren't a deep team.

Beyond that, a team like the Pats is always able to overcome injuries (or so it seems) because of far superior coaching. I'm still amazed that BB was able to get that Brady-less team to 11-5; the year that Troy Brown played CB (hope I've got that right) also stands out.

Addai - 1st Runningback

Dallas Clark- huge HUGE loss

Tamme- Who has been putting up better per game stats than Clark and apparently could barely walk after sundays game

Anthony Gonzalez- done for season

Austin Collie- should be back this week but has been banged up

Melvin Bullitt- has been our consistent starting safety for 2-3 years now was a captain and leader on defense/ special teams

Garcon- has been banged up and that has showed as he's all but vanished in recent weeks

now compare that to the Patriots and its painfully obvious (atleast for us colts fans) who has the most significant injuries. That being said thats the life of the NFL

No one doubts the Colts rash of injuries. Nor can we fail to acknowledge the Colts ability have a winning record despite that rash of injuries. BUT.....and you knew one was coming...didn't you? ;) BUT what pisses off Pats fans is the way the media reports on them. The Pats have had injuries just as bad as the Colts some years, but it never gets reported like the Colts have had it, simply because BB REFUSES to us it as an excuse.

Just look at the difference between Brady and Farve. If Farve gets a bruise, its a national story, but Brady has played through broken ribs, separated shoulders, a foot injury and its NEVER mentioned. Why should the Colts be given a free ride. We all start with 53 guys.

The key to the Pats success has been their determination to build a strong roster from 23-53. You can't do this when you have to pay too many "star" players. If you do, the roster starts to become top heavy and when the inevitable injuries occur, those teams cannot overcome them.

Again I acknowledge your injuries, but no one seems to acknowledge the fact that the Pats have had almost as many. I can't feel sorry about your RB situation, when for 2 games the ONLY Pats RBs on the game day roster were BJGE, and Danny "freakin'" Woodhead. 2 guys who didn't even get a sniff on draft day.

I don't remember any Colt fans feeling sorry for the Pats at the AFCCG in 06, when the Pats
had multiple injuries to their secondary and the flu.

Just be thankful you have Manning healthy, because with out him the Colts wouldn't win 4 games let alone the 11 the Pats managed without Brady, starting a QB who hadn't started a football game since HS.

Addai - 1st Runningback

Dallas Clark- huge HUGE loss On the 1st post

Anthony Gonzalez- done for season On the 1st post

Austin Collie- should be back this week but has been banged up On 1st post

Melvin Bullitt- has been our consistent starting safety for 2-3 years now was a captain and leader on defense/ special teams- on the 1st post

Hart was running well. Powers is a OK CB. Brackett is a good player. Garcon- everyone is banged up this time of year.

Please give us more detail on Brackett, Powers, and Hart. Are they expected back this week?

LMAO @ the Indy fan... well, welcome dude, not laughing at you so much as this pitiable Colts pre-scuse.

2001-2004, the Pats won 3 SBs with a constant revolving door of injuries... as the OP pointed out, we've got our share too this year. Oh yeah... and I believe we let go of a wide receiver, Randy something?

Whatever. Play the hand you're dealt, is the way I look at it. I'm pretty sure Ben Franklin Green Acres, Danny Woodhead, and Deion Branch weren't Plan A in New England in September. Cope.

Or, in the finest Indy tradition, get a rules change so if the Colts have more injuries than the opposing team (instead of remarkably good injury luck, with the exception of Breakable Bob,) that team must forfeit.

Strap it on, ya corncob-insertin' farmhands.

LMAO @ the Indy fan... well, welcome dude, not laughing at you so much as this pitiable Colts pre-scuse.

2001-2004, the Pats won 3 SBs with a constant revolving door of injuries... as the OP pointed out, we've got our share too this year. Oh yeah... and I believe we let go of a wide receiver, Randy something?

Whatever. Play the hand you're dealt, is the way I look at it. I'm pretty sure Ben Franklin Green Acres, Danny Woodhead, and Deion Branch weren't Plan A in New England in September. Cope.

Or, in the finest Indy tradition, get a rules change so if the Colts have more injuries than the opposing team (instead of remarkably good injury luck, with the exception of Breakable Bob,) that team must forfeit.

Strap it on, ya corncob-insertin' farmhands.

Everyone makes excuses.

I don't think the 2006 champ. game has been brought up once on this board without immediate mention of injuries, flu and refs....

I really don't care for the Colts injuries. The Patriots have had their fair share.

I've never REALLY been concerned about injuries with the colts until this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or making excuses, but just to clarify some of the injuries have nothing to do with depth. I mean how many decent running backs and WR's do you need to keep on hand before it becomes redundant? Apparently not enough this year. In many positions where we have key positions we aren't down to second string, but 3rd, 4th, practice squad.

Right now the problem isn't really talent at WR but the simple fact that the guys we have in just don't know the playbook. Peyton more often than not throws the ball to an empty hole or hits the dude in the back of the helmet because he's not even looking.

And Garcon doesn't even count any more, I'm not sure what his deal is this year but it seems he has amnesia and forgot everything about our offense.

And finally, once any of these backups starts to pick up on things (White, Eldridge, Tamme) they are hurt and gone too.

I'm certainly not looking for sympathy from any of you but I have honestly never seen anything like this with a Colts team. If anything, it makes it painfully obvious just how incredibly well tuned our first string offense is. That being said I expect a very ugly but hard fought game where we end up getting our butts handed to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes