PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So...Maroney practicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You can't be two feet tall and expect to take over the world...unless you're Doug Flutie. -MST3K "

.... or Stewie.

He kept him around to save face. I mean, who wants to admit that their first round pick was a bust...especially when you could have take a better, less injury prone back like Addai.

You forgot the sarcasm tag.
Or was it self-satire?

I am a big fan of maroney. I love the way he runs. I think the fault was people expected another dillion when he was never that kind of player. He is a cut back runner more closer to Taylor. It was futile to take him and change him into dillon and then back.What they should have drafted was a 230-240 lb big back and ask him to be dillion than a speed cutback guy .

so you like RB's that don't hit the hole hard and ***** foot while they are?

so you like RB's that don't hit the hole hard and ***** foot while they are?

Apparently Belichick does, given your comment.

Now, from the O.P.:

Those who look for any chance to throw him under the bus, please take a break from that here. Would love to just keep this as a spot where people can provide info about your sense of his chances of playing v. the Ravens.

I have been a huge detractor of Maroney-head. I have kenny-b'ed him repeatedly.

But he's looked better as of late. I haven't seen him really dance and hesistate once. OK, maybe once or twice. But not like it used to be. Partly this is play calling...he isn't asked to run up the middle in obvious running downs. That used to be an auto 2 yard loss as Koppen would be in his lap before he even got the ball.

Are you friends with BB? Do you do a weekly interview with him? Do you have ESP? Then you don't know for sure.

The sheer ******edness you read here sometimes begets belief.

I also don't know that BB doesn't go on a heroin bender after tough losses. Doesn't make your "point" any more valid or sensical.

Nice attempt at a biting comeback, and for not knowing the meaning of "beget."

it sounds like he is back in the fold. is it possible he was not injured on Sunday but he was just relegated to the bench and people exacerbated word of a possible injury?

Fox got a long look at him staring into the abyss on the sideline late in the 2nd half - don't injured players either play or go to the locker room on the BB sideline? I mean, Big Vince has a not-so-big-deal-sprained ankle but he stayed in the locker room I believe.

BINGO! You have Bingo!

He will play this Sunday. He will dance this Sunday. He'll be relegated to the bench this Sunday.

Last edited:
He has been doing better this year. I just want him to have a breakout game so people will knock it off. Maybe he'll get more than 4 carries in a game.

BINGO! You have Bingo!

He will play this Sunday. He will dance this Sunday. He'll be relegated to the bench this Sunday.

Ah, what would this thread be without PatsFans' resident irrational Maroney-hater?

It's easy to mistake narrow-eyed pessimism for irrationality.

I have been a huge detractor of Maroney-head. I have kenny-b'ed him repeatedly.

But he's looked better as of late. I haven't seen him really dance and hesistate once. OK, maybe once or twice. But not like it used to be. Partly this is play calling...he isn't asked to run up the middle in obvious running downs. That used to be an auto 2 yard loss as Koppen would be in his lap before he even got the ball.
You are right. He hits the hole pretty quickly this year. I haven't seen the side-stepping he used to do. Sometimes there is a delay, but all RBs do that when they need to wait a tic for the hole to open.

Sometimes I wonder if some people are actually watching the same game I am.

What? Sulking? Have I missed something?

I didn't mean to speculate. That's just the impression I got when they show his face on the bench. I'm sure he would rather be on the field playing. I guess I should have put 'frustrated expression.' Again, just my opion and impression.

He kept him around to save face. I mean, who wants to admit that their first round pick was a bust...especially when you could have take a better, less injury prone back like Addai.

This is either a joke or it's embarrassing. People seem to want to pigeonhole things and paint with black and white. The one black and white thing we know, however, is that Belichick cares less about "saving face" than just about anyone else in the NFL. Try again.

Belichick has proven he can sign veterans to be RB on this team year after year. I doubt we ever again pick a RB before the 4th round comes around ... it's a waste of a pick.

Good news. Maroney has really been looking good in the time he has been given this season. God knows we're going to need all of our backs healthy and playing against the Ravens' front seven.

You are right. He hits the hole pretty quickly this year. I haven't seen the side-stepping he used to do. Sometimes there is a delay, but all RBs do that when they need to wait a tic for the hole to open.

Sometimes I wonder if some people are actually watching the same game I am.

He's also healthy for the first time since 2007. He's always run very well when healthy, and clearly he's healthy now (or at least was, though I'm not at all concerned about the thigh).

Maroney is definitely playing this sunday game, read this article:

“We know it’s going to be a physical game,” said Maroney. “It’s not going to be an East-West game where you can out-run them. You have to run at them, so I’ve got my Tylenol ready. There’s going to be headaches after this game.”

Patriots’ Fred Taylor gets set for one more meeting with his old foe, Ray Lewis

Patriots’ Fred Taylor gets set for one more meeting with his old foe, Ray Lewis | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News