PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I guess bill didn't actually believe in Stidham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess reducing, potentially drastically, a second year quarterback's snaps with the first team offense - particularly the receivers - doesn't count as a downside.

Stidham has to earn his reps, just like any other player. I like him, and I hope he develops into a great QB, but competition is the key to building a great roster, and it goes for everyone.

Proven to do what? To be incapable of repeating his success? To be wildly inconsistent from year to year? In fact to be literally, historically, unbelievably inconsistent to the point that he's the biggest statistical outlier in the history of the NFL? To have great years followed by terrible ones with the same supporting cast around him?

Cam Newton is literally the least proven QB with his level of experience that there ever was.
So true. I really don't get the hype at all with this signing. Perhaps folks are just relieved that Bill didn't actually going into the season with a 4th round pick and Hoyer. I dunno. But Newton is a washed Qb coming to the worst offense in the NFL. Oh and it's July tomorrow with the real chance of a limited TC for a Qb whose skills don't match this team at all.

Sure he has. But our personnel is not there for success. We don't have a McCaffrey. We are not built like the Ravens or Seahawks. In other words, there was never a plan personnel wise for Cam type of player. This is why it reeks of desperation to me and Bill getting caught off guard when Brady left town.

Yep, Belichick never offered Brady a deal but was “ caught off guard” when Brady left town. That sounds right.

I'm starting to really dislike the Brady sycophants on this site.

I shouldn't be as surprised as I am. It was a negotiating position move from day 1.

That said, Newton is literally the single least reliable starting caliber QB that exists, with the possible exception of Ryan Fitzpatrick, so we might see Stidham after all, we'll see.

If Stidham can't beat out the single least reliable starting caliber QB that exists then BB shouldn't believe in him.

I'm starting to really dislike the Brady sycophants on this site.

Brady fans are probably really starting to dislike the posters who are such ridiculous homers that they have to bash the G.O.A.T. in order to signal their Patriots virtue.

So true. I really don't get the hype at all with this signing. Perhaps folks are just relieved that Bill didn't actually going into the season with a 4th round pick and Hoyer. I dunno. But Newton is a washed Qb coming to the worst offense in the NFL. Oh and it's July tomorrow with the real chance of a limited TC for a Qb whose skills don't match this team at all.

I can see where some are going to be skeptical regarding Newton. I’m just going to remain positive that this offense is going to transform into something better than it was. Offensive line is healthy, got a good group of running backs. Josh took Tebow to the playoffs and won a playoff game. It’s all going to depend on Cam’s health and if both him and McDaniels can come up with something that works. I honestly think Harry is going to adapt to Newton a lot better than people think. With oline health combined with Newton there’s a good chance the running game can be really good.

Cam played the Ernhardt-Perkins offense in Carolina, start there. Second, if healthy he adds depth to the QB room.

Maybe he is a less athletic Cam at this point but he can give you a baseline production if healthy, not great but Matt Cassel good.

Stidham/Cam is better than Stidham/Hoyer... this is a complete no-brainer. It's a vet minimum deal, there is no downside.

If he is healthy other teams have more to worry about from the Patriots QB now than they did last year.
certainly, more than a week ago

I can see where some are going to be skeptical regarding Newton. I’m just going to remain positive that this offense is going to transform into something better than it was. Offensive line is healthy, got a good group of running backs. Josh took Tebow to the playoffs and won a playoff game. It’s all going to depend on Cam’s health and if both him and McDaniels can come up with something that works. I honestly think Harry is going to adapt to Newton a lot better than people think. With oline health combined with Newton there’s a good chance the running game can be really good.

Plus a consistent O system, that will be tweaked, probably the best coaching staff in the NFL.. some say our RB situation is pretty good also.

Brady fans are probably really starting to dislike the posters who are such ridiculous homers that they have to bash the G.O.A.T. in order to signal their Patriots virtue.

Is this directed specifically to me, Dues?

Yep, Belichick never offered Brady a deal but was “ caught off guard” when Brady left town. That sounds right.
He did offer Brady a deal (less than what Brady made in 2019) and Brady said stuff it and went to Tampa. Like I said, Bill figured Brady would accept crap deals forever.

Is this directed specifically to me, Dues?

The response was specific to your comment. The point is a general observation, not aimed at you.

He did offer Brady a deal (less than what Brady made in 2019) and Brady said stuff it and went to Tampa. Like I said, Bill figured Brady would accept crap deals forever.

So he offered him a bad deal and he was surprised he didn’t take the it?

I would say that Bill saw a better option for the time being. What's wrong with that? Stidham can learn from Newton if Newton gets the job. Another year of knowledge for Stilham wouldn't hurt him; education never hurts anyone.

Good choice, BB

The response was specific to your comment. The point is a general observation, not aimed at you.

Anyone who $hits on Brady because he left simply doesn't understand the situation at hand. I've read a lot of animosity towards Tom and it does not sit well with me, given what he's meant to the franchise for 20 years. But the Brady worshippers who rage against the franchise are equally baffling to me.

What is political about signing Cam Newton?

You can't be serious. Sherman called the league out because Cam didn't get paid enough, and you can't see how pundits would immediately start screaming racism if he went unsigned like krapernic? Now explain why both the punishment and signing were announced on the same day, if they weren't linked. As someone joked earlier; Roger said "sign Kaep and I'll squash the whole thing." Bb replied "still day drinking, eh Roger? I can't sign the vegan SJW who's been out of the league for years and wants 'starter money.' But, I can sign Cam and give you a third to stfu."

Lol. I hear there's some prime real estate for sale around New Orleans, floods aren't a big deal down south.

You can't be serious. Sherman called the league out because Cam didn't get paid enough, and you can't see how pundits would immediately start screaming racism if he went unsigned like krapernic? Now explain why both the punishment and signing were announced on the same day, if they weren't linked. As someone joked earlier; Roger said "sign Kaep and I'll squash the whole thing." Bb replied "still day drinking, eh Roger? I can't sign the vegan SJW who's been out of the league for years and wants 'starter money.' But, I can sign Cam and give you a third to stfu."

Lol. I hear there's some prime real estate for sale around New Orleans, floods aren't a big deal down south.
Did you post this with your tinfoil hat on?

If you think Newton was unsigned until now because he's black you're out of your mind. It was said months ago that he was in no rush to sign a contract. This is not a Colin Kaepernick situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey