PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So I figured out why that ref crew was working that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, bottom line for me is I dont' believe for one second that the calls were innocent. Why they weren't or who was in on anything to do with it... we'll never know.
Well if you believe the games are fixed, then why are you even a fan of the league..? Yeah, that really makes sense :rolleyes:

Of course, you're the only one that's actually figured this out... you'd think Bill Belichick would probably know about it, but I guess not....

Well if you believe the games are fixed, then why are you even a fan of the league..? Yeah, that really makes sense :rolleyes:

Of course, you're the only one that's actually figured this out... you'd think Bill Belichick would probably know about it, but I guess not....

Having a ref say having money on the game or something, isn't exactly saying the whole friggin NFL is fixed or every game is like that. Again get the hell off of your high horse and your holier-than-thou attitude.

Yea BB must know about everything that goes on. He even knows exactly where Pacman Jones was on every single day last year.

I will not believe that the calls in the Colts game were just innocently bad, they were horrendously one sided for a long time. I dont care if it's just the friggin idea that the pats are "evil" that subconsciencely made the refs see things that weren't there. They weren't just innocent bad, questionable, borderline calls.

The last thing to understand is that the very reason the Nevada gaming commission requires tracking of sports booking is to see if there are games with more than a 1 percent spread on betting activity precisely so they can figure out whether there is anything linking those games (e.g., the same ref, similar betting paterns, similar reported winnings, etc.)

That seems to have failed in the Donaghy case IIRC with the same scenario occuring about 10 times in a row. (spread moving 1.5 points right before tipoff) with high probability against it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy#_note-2

Having a ref say having money on the game or something, isn't exactly saying the whole friggin NFL is fixed or every game is like that. Again get the hell off of your high horse and your holier-than-thou attitude.
Well you're making it sound like this sort of thing is a regular occurance... or does Vegas only fix games the Pats play...?
Yea BB must know about everything that goes on. He even knows exactly where Pacman Jones was on every single day last year.
Yeah, this shows the idiocy of your argument... I think Belichick would be a wee bit more concerned with corrupt officiating in a Patriots game than he would the trial and tribulations of Pacman Jones.
I will not believe that the calls in the Colts game were just innocently bad, they were horrendously one sided for a long time. I dont care if it's just the friggin idea that the pats are "evil" that subconsciencely made the refs see things that weren't there. They weren't just innocent bad, questionable, borderline calls.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: The referees have been making bad calls which overwhelmingly favor the home team. Go back to the playoffs of 2005 and you will see this is a consistent pattern. But there are miles of difference between that and "Vegas fixed the game".

There was an article on the Star's board (it's gone since the board crashed), but it was about this issue before the game was played. I think it was by a national guy, but I can't remember who. In it a league guy was saying that all the officiating crews are assigned by a computer before the season. They have a couple things that can not happen. The same crew can not ref a game with a single duplicate team within 6 games and can not ref a game with duplicate opponents in the same year. Other than that it didn't say much other than the "we feel that all our crews are qualified to ref any game" type comments. Just FYI.
Kisy wondered if you had a link to that...I have heard that crews are selected BEFORE the season in a certain way, but I also remember a game earlier in the year..where there was mention of Hochuli getting the call as ref vecause they expected it to be a hard fought chippy game...That is why I am asking...
What about the London crew?? Were they BY computer only?? I just wonder that maybe the league over rides that at times.. (Same with teh scheduling..by computer....and then massaged to fit what the NFL wants..)
I am sure there are rules about crews doing a teams games etc..but I do wish to get a reference on this..a link...

Just an FYI,

BostonHerald/AP said:
"You just don’t see these kind of numbers in the NFL," said John Avello, who runs the sports book at the Wynn Las Vegas, where the Patriots are 16-point favorites over a team playing at home that has won four straight games.

It’s pretty much the same story all around town, where oddsmakers scramble each week to put out a number that will somehow entice people to bet on whoever the Patriots are playing.

So far they haven’t been very successful, and the books have taken a beating as money keeps rolling in on New England and the Patriots keep covering the ever-growing spreads.

"Who knows what we’re going to see when they host the Jets," said the Las Vegas Hilton’s Jay Kornegay. "It might be the highest point spread in the history of the NFL."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1044357

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back