PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smith-Schuster Incentives Revealed

Juju has proved it with more than 1 QB and he got injured at the height of his ascension as a young NFL WR.. he was the best WR for KC last season, and was excellent with the Steelers.. I loved Myers and what be became for us.. we'll never really know why Myers left. However he's in a great place to succeed! I'm happy with Juju, he's a YAC machine and is ultra physical.

Juju is a really good NFL receiver. But he clearly benefited from being next to Antonio brown in pittsburgh and then Kelce in Kansas City. I think hes a very high end #2. maybe I'm wrong.

I do agree with the other poster who said hes a higher ceiling if it works out, lower floor type of guy than Myers. (lower floor being we know what Myers could bring to this team). I think the hope is he gives you what Myers did but more YAC/explosive plays.

I think part of the reason the steelers were okay with letting him leave was because his stats clearly took a hit when he became the #1 guy there.

Juju is a really good NFL receiver. But he clearly benefited from being next to Antonio brown in pittsburgh and then Kelce in Kansas City. I think hes a very high end #2. maybe I'm wrong.

I do agree with the other poster who said hes a higher ceiling if it works out, lower floor type of guy than Myers. (lower floor being we know what Myers could bring to this team). I think the hope is he gives you what Myers did but more YAC/explosive plays.

I think part of the reason the steelers were okay with letting him leave was because his stats clearly took a hit when he became the #1 guy there.
Yes, I'll agree as well! He played with AB and then kelce and had 2 future HOF QBs to ger him the ball. What I'll say is plays still had to be made. When AB or kelce were doubled he was the guy that made plays and moved the chains.

I still feel we will attain another WR hopefully it's D hop. However if not we still have plenty on offense to be effective. He got hurt that season with the Steelers and he just wasn't as effective with the knee injury. His game is underneath, YAC , boundary. He said he felt closer to himself last season.

What we need is precision offensively, more TDs and less FGs this season. We have alot of guys thar can do many things offensively and juju abilities to get open in short areas will help Mac tremendously especially when going up against aggressive defenses like our own. We just need a guy to command the defenses attention and juju gives us that.

... I think the hope is he gives you what Myers did but more YAC/explosive plays.
that lateral by Meyers against the Raiders was as explosive as a play can be.

I just hope JuJu does not give us anything close to that.

Pats will primarily be a run first offense, but I think he could reach the first incentive.

Pats will primarily be a run first offense, but I think he could reach the first incentive.
I would like the philosophy to become pass to set up the run.. we have the competence now ,and skill position groups to do so.. meaning we could be able to get 7,8 yards passing on 1st down.. rham can easily get 4 YPC.. he's that good a back.

He's got two significant bonuses if he hits 950+ yards on the season:

Smith-Schuster’s new deal recently came under the microscope by the 33rd Team’s Ari Meirov, who revealed the incentives for multiple NFL contracts. It’s all about the receiving yard totals for the former Pro Bowl receiver, who could earn upwards of $1.5 million in incentives with the Patriots in 2023.
  • 950 or more yards receiving – $750,000
  • 1,100 or more yards receiving – $750,000
Well at least he's gonna be highly motivated to produce! An extra 1.5m dollars sounds pretty nice.

Here are Smith-Schuster's QBs from 2019,2020, and 2021. Should be taken into consideration when talking about his numbers.
2019: Roethlisberger (2), Mason Rudolph (8), Delvin Hodges (6)
2020: Roethlisberger (15), Rudolph (1)
2021: Roethlisberger (5) *

In 2021, JJSS went down early against Denver, only seeing 25 snaps.

The other thing to look at. Despite Roethlisberger having only a 64.4% Completion%, it was because of JJSS who topped 70% when catching from Big Ben. That tells me that JJSS covered for a lot of bad passes. That sort of ability should help any young QB.

Last edited:
You're not. He struggled badly without Brown in 2019 as the go to guy in which Brown went to social media to laugh at him. Just another weird thing Brown did.

You're not. He struggled badly without Brown in 2019 as the go to guy in which Brown went to social media to laugh at him. Just another weird thing Brown did.
I really hope T Thornton is pushing to be Starter with his speed he should clear things out for Juju and our TE's.

I may be confused (meds) but I seem to remember Ju-ju having some very good games against the Patriots while with the Steelers
Yes he did I remember when that over drafted Teammate Tackler on the Patriots I forgot his name Tackled the entire Defense giving Juju a alley to the EZ.

Yes he did I remember when that over drafted Teammate Tackler on the Patriots I forgot his name Tackled the entire Defense giving Juju a alley to the EZ.
That whole play started because Eric Rowe can't run around a pick - runs right into it. Jordan Richards couldn't even push him out of bounds, but rather trips over himself which tackled McCourty.

Jordan Richards no wonder I forget his name it's a name you want to forget as a Patriots player. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jordan Richards no wonder I forget his name it's a name you want to forget as a Patriots player. :rolleyes:

But but but he's such a nice guy! And he obviously gave really good Interview too.

Whoever thought that Glitch Richards was worthy of the 64TH ****ing pick of the Entire Draft (and GeeNo Gruesome the 97TH!) should've had his grocery-shopping privileges removed, like Immediately.

Yeah, and last year he had Kelce next to him. So, the question being is the Patriots roster of #2's (thornton, bourne, parker) and the tight ends (henry/gesiki) enough to take coverage away for someone like Juju and everyone to perform at their top level..

recent history suggests that when other teams go man coverage this team struggles without a guy who can just out talent his defender one on one. and brings coverage with him.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back