PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Slot Options without Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kon

Im laughing like hell.
That was April 2010 when lynch was coming off a 450 yards season at 3.8 per carry 4 games before being dumped for a 4th round pick. Not a top flight back when the discussion was had.

Bet?

How much and no.

3rd page, 5th from the bottom in that old thread kontra posted.

Switching topics, the Patterson highlights show me a guy who seems more comfortable than cooks with those jet sweeps. Uses his blocks well and his change of direction is fantastic. Not afraid to go back into the middle of the field. And im a cooks fan.

How did a slot option thread get turned into a thread about Maroney?

Switching topics, the Patterson highlights show me a guy who seems more comfortable than cooks with those jet sweeps. Uses his blocks well and his change of direction is fantastic. Not afraid to go back into the middle of the field. And im a cooks fan.

More physical than Cooks and it looks like the Pats realized they were getting pushed around a but hence the change to the big bodies, JM, KB, CP

I remember when Dola came to the Pats from the Rams and he was alleged to be injury prone and inconsistent player. I did not even expect he would do such good things for us. The Matthews' story reminds me a bit Dola's from a few years ago. I really hope he will follow the same way as Danny. We have seen many times how playing with TB12 changes players,give them extra motivation to win.

Coming from you thats a compliment.

Check it out.

2016 NE was 2nd ranked passing offense and 15th rushing.
2016 Min was 19th passing and 31st rushing.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 OFFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

Minnesota was a 1 dimensional offense and defenses could smother the pass.
And Patterson caught a whopping 52 passes for 453 yards, yes that is 28 yards a game. That’s 41% of Edelman’s numbers. It would have been 6th in the patriots. It was 4th on the Vikings.
Edelman was26% of the patriots receiving yards. Patterson was 12% of the Vikings. Matthews had 77% more receiving yards in 2016 than Patterson yet the eagles threw for less yards than the Vikings.
Matthews was 22% of the eagles yardage.

Defenses must respect Brady and not play close to the LOS or he will burn them. This allows for NE players to get further away from the LOS. Like Edelman, Bradys go to guy. Still, Brady will take the 3 yard completion if the play is covered up on 2nd down vs nothing at all. Patterson will warrant the same respect as Edelman because the defense does not want Patterson to get behind them. Look for his YPC to rise.
“Patterson will warrant the same respect as Edelman”. Proof of my statement you know nothing about football.

Also, there is no debate that Patterson is smaller than Mathews.
There isn’t because he isn’t.
Patterson 6’2 220
Matthews 6’3 215
And the sky is blue.

Patterson was several times in the slot here.

In that entire reel he made a grand total of 3 catches from the slot. 3.
This is while he caught an incredible 31 passes for 309 yards all year. Yes that is 19 receiving yards per game. Wow have to respect him like Edelman.

But hey Patterson caught 11 3rd passes and made 6 first dune catches on 3rd down. That’s almost 1 every other game. Wow.
Those 6 first downs are the exact same number as MR Slot had in the 2016 season you are pimping.

12 in 2 years what a machine.

Triumph gets owned so badly he need to go back 8 years to misrepresent my opinion.

That was April 2010 when lynch was coming off a 450 yards season at 3.8 per carry 4 games before being dumped for a 4th round pick. Not a top flight back when the discussion was had.

But even coming off of a 450 yard season were these players equally talented? That’s the question. And it’s a resounding NO.

Yes Lynch had a down year in 09. How many down years was maroney coming off of? 3?

Prior to this discussion you just needed a set of eyes to tell there was a talent difference. Vision, toughness, receiving, cuts in space, I can go on but there’s no point.

Triumph gets owned so badly he need to go back 8 years to misrepresent my opinion.

Nope Kontra went back to the archives just to verify what triumph was saying was in fact correct.

Too many posters who haven't a clue about the game of football?

But even coming off of a 450 yard season were these players equally talented? That’s the question. And it’s a resounding NO.

Yes Lynch had a down year in 09. How many down years was maroney coming off of? 3?

Prior to this discussion you just needed a set of eyes to tell there was a talent difference. Vision, toughness, receiving, cuts in space, I can go on but there’s no point.
At the time lynch was a cancer in the locker room and sucked on the field. The bold ga e him away.

Saying me comparing anyone to April of 2010 lynch means I called them a top tier RB I’d beyond ridiculous.

If all you need was eyes why did the bills only get a 4th round pick?

At the time lynch was a cancer in the locker room and sucked on the field. The bold ga e him away.

Saying me comparing anyone to April of 2010 lynch means I called them a top tier RB I’d beyond ridiculous.

No no no sir. The words you used in April 2010 were that they were Equally Talented Players. Which they were not. Not now after the fact and not in April 2010.

Because he got caught with a gun and got suspended by Goodell and had some injuries to that point. The 4th ended up being a massive win for the Seahawks and Lynch went on to actually show his level of talent when he was able to stay healthy while Maroney, with much lesser natural talent for the position, washed out of the league.

Thanks to this thread, I am now imagining Lynch on the Patriots for their Super Bowl run in 2011, instead of BJGE. That would have been fun.

Man, training camp just can't get here soon enough. o_O

Thanks to this thread, I am now imagining Lynch on the Patriots for their Super Bowl run in 2011, instead of BJGE. That would have been fun.

It would have been nice, given that the team couldn't trust Ridley enough to hold onto the ball to put him in the game. If it's of any help, Vereen was on the team for that run in 2014 though. ;)

I'll say.

And I'm just here so I don't get fond.

No no no sir. The words you used in April 2010 were that they were Equally Talented Players. Which they were not. Not now after the fact and not in April 2010.
Hindsight from 2018 was not available in 2010.

On an unrelated matter...

o_O
I was just posting in another thread and all the sudden his name popped up in my head and it pissed me off. Where the hell is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes