Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think the Patriots are the best team in the AFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, the Texans are better than the Patriots.

Not at the moment

I am not a big fan of Skip, but he does come up with smart things once and a while . . .

Records aren't always reflective of how good a team is, regardless of what Bill Parcels thinks . . .

Afterall are you all going to vote in unision and hands down that the 6-0 Atlanta "we can't win in the playoffs" Falcons are the undisputed best team in the NFL? . . . if you don't agree with that statment then you agree that a loss or two is not dispostive on the team's greatness . . . btw, I wonder how many people who follow football realize the Falcons are 6-0 . . .

When I look at the Texans, I think of a AFC version of the Falcons, great team but always seems to bite the bullet when it comes to prime time and/or come to Jesus games . . . in thier one prime time "we have arrived" game against the 4-3 Packers at home they got smoked . . . sure they beat the injury deleted Ravens at home and well Joe Flacco was his old self . . .

Sure the Pats have 3 losses, but by the combined total of 4 points, and two of the games, our friends in stripes didn't help us (a small handful in Balt, specifically the drive killing off PI on Eldmen and then letting the same off contact by Smith in the end zone for a TD; and the hold on gronk, which tech i see, but if they let it go, no one is complaining) . . . I don't want to whine and say the refs gave them a game, but when you are looking at losses objectively, one will have to factor in third party intervention and as the same relates to one being 6-1 or 4-3 . . . if the team created that, then so be it, but if a third party was a factor, one might very well look to the 6-1 as more reflective of a gauge for the teams pedigree . . .

we did have a shakey (but fun result) win against the Jets . .

we'lljust have to see how the year pans out . . . and as one poster mentioned Skip might want to claim to be the first one to claim the Pats are the best ,. . .

I am ***** and complain, but deep down, I think we will be alright. I see our problems as fixable. We are still looking for our identity, the offense will fix themselves, the only worry is the stability at safety. I thought we might be alright this year, but injuries have hit us hard again at safety.

We can be a very dangerous team coming down the stretch. When we get into the grove, I will not want to play us if I were any team.

Skip's opinions are worthless as his only plan is to cause a commotion.

I was kind of hoping the media would be writing us off in unison by now.

Much better to have them pumping up the tyres of everyone else.

what a moron..best in AFC? :bricks:

lol, his twitter is being blown up with Pats and non-Pats fans alike with a big "WTF?"

Skip is a troll who operates in real life, and he is so good at it that all you can do is bow down to the master.

eh...skip is a moron, but so is stephen a...who just comes off as a blind pats hater.

lol, his twitter is being blown up with Pats and non-Pats fans alike with a big "WTF?"

Skip is a troll who operates in real life, and he is so good at it that all you can do is bow down to the master.

Troll is a bit too far.

He is as others said throwing this out to be incendiary, get hits and ratings.

He is also the the ESPN 'pre-programmed' foil for S A Smith; who is the true tool and troll on the network if you ask me.
Smith is always anti-pats and anti-Tebow and Skip is pro-both. They set themselves up as the two wacko fringe opinions and go at it. Then the rest get to look smug and pretend to be cautious deep thinkers by taking opinions between the two and moderating the chaos.
In short, it is all a script.

I wouldnt get so wound up about it.

As for the opinion: The Pats I think get the vote as the MOST DANGEROUS team, but they are also the most schizophrenic. Houston has the record and has been more consistent; they only have 1 game they matched up horribly against the other team (GB) and performed horribly to boot. They currently have to be given the BEST AFC TEAM label w/ Pats #2a/b w/ ravens in the mix there-they have injuries, but ???.

If you put Pats vs Houston H-H; Pats should win on talent; but again which Pats team shows up which quarter (especially the 4th!!!) ?

As for the opinion: The Pats I think get the vote as the MOST DANGEROUS team, but they are also the most schizophrenic.

i'd take this. thats also what i consider the giants TBH. a team that plays inexplicably bad at times...but can also light you up at any given notice (ie: their bucs game this year, or our Buffalo game)

Bayless loved the Patriots last year too. Didn't seem to hurt much.

By the way, he's going to be proven right.

People are already counting out Belichick and Brady.

Fools.

i disagree with everyone in here.

Skip bayless and colin cowherd are the only pro-patriots/brady host on espn. Every other host either slams the patriots or discredits tom brady...Skip is the only one defends bill, tom, and the patriots franchise on a daily basis FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS!!

Skip was the only epsn personality that defended the patriots during the whole "spygate" fiasco....so we should cut him some slack.

Last edited:
Skip is the best ESPN has, and thats not a joke. He is the only won who does not seem to have a personal hate for NE (except Mangini) he is the only won who does not just jump on the flavor of the month team, and the only one who is not all over Aaron Rodgers testies.

Its not just now that he picks the patriots, he almost always does.

Id like to add that there really is no "Best team in the NFL" these days. the NFL is getting just what they want, the potential for competitive games every week. The Texas can look like the best team now, but then get blown out by a team with a worse record at any time.

I give the pats the edge because of their QB and coach. I also think that winning close games, and some times even losing a game or two ( not that I ever want that) is how superbowl teams are built.

Skip is the best ESPN has, and thats not a joke. He is the only won who does not seem to have a personal hate for NE (except Mangini) he is the only won who does not just jump on the flavor of the month team, and the only one who is not all over Aaron Rodgers testies.

Its not just now that he picks the patriots, he almost always does.

Exactly. Skip is the only analyst/host that actually knows the patriots roster. Most didn't even know the starting safeties were out of the game for the webb pass and the jets game...BUT SKIP KNEW IT AND THEIR NAMES!!

Skip bayless is a fan.

i disagree with everyone in here.

Skip bayless and colin cowherd are the only pro-patriots/brady host on espn. Every other host either slams the patriots or discredits tom brady...Skip is the only one defends bill, tom, and the patriots franchise on a daily basis FOR ALMOST 15 YEARS!!

Skip was the only epsn personality that defended the patriots during the whole "spygate" fiasco....so we should cut him some slack.

while true, the point is that the patriots arent the best in the AFC RIGHT NOW.

i do find it funny that mangini seems to be one of the few others that isnt biased against NE (on that show at least)... i remember at one point him stating that he really regretted ever saying anything about the patriots videotaping because it went in a completely different direction than he thought it would. hes also otherwise the most neutral person ive ever listened to (which makes him probably the best analyst they have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents