PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site Re-Direct Making Reading Threads Close to Unbearable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosey threetupu

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know there's a help desk but I'm stuck on a train for the next 3 hours and hoping for some quick answers. Literally almost every thread I open is redirecting to app download sites or ap store on my iPhone. Anyone else having this problem or have suggestions on a quick fix? I'm on an iPhone 5 using ATT data. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I don't have the iPhone anymore (switched to the Galaxy). I don't have that issue on my Galaxy but I do have it on my Android tablet. It was driving me nuts yesterday.

I don't have the iPhone anymore (switched to the Galaxy). I don't have that issue on my Galaxy but I do have it on my Android tablet. It was driving me nuts yesterday.
No joke just came to check your reply and got the same redirect. Not loving the book I just started either. Going to be a long ride.

Using a Galaxy myself, no problems here.

Other weird things happening now as well. Like threads that have 17 posts only displaying 7.

I have a galaxy s5 and I used to have redirect issues but not anymore. I have found in the past that those type of issues are caused by the ads on a page.

I know a simple fix....

sledge-hammer-775102.jpg

I know a simple fix....

sledge-hammer-775102.jpg
Getting to that point... But then I'd really have nothing to do for the next 3 hours... But drink. To the bar car it is I suppose.

Proof that man was not meant to use the abomination that is cell phones
Use a PC like God intended!

Lol, I do. But I work two jobs so it's not always possible.

I have that happen on my iPhone on occasion. It has to do with the ads; coders can have it built in that even without clicking on an ad, you are redirected to the App store to download something. I just close out of that and go back to the thread when it happens but it is certainly annoying after a few times.

You have my sympathy.
I did use my iPhone for Patsfans a bit when I was in Europe last September & all worked fine
See dales804 post on Ads

My suggestion would be to download Tapatalk and use that instead of Safari.

There are ads on this site? ;)

See <-----

Is it asking you to download Tapatalk?

I personally prefer using Safari on my iPhone rather than Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 5, with an up to date OS, and I've never had the problem. I don't know if that will help any attempts to pinpoint the issue, or not, but I thought I'd point it out for comparison's sake.

Major issues with the iphone 6. Lyft has a very aggressive popup program here

Seems we need to develop an army of popup killers going forward in the 21st century..or else...CHAOS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST