PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Site Re-Direct Making Reading Threads Close to Unbearable

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosey threetupu

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know there's a help desk but I'm stuck on a train for the next 3 hours and hoping for some quick answers. Literally almost every thread I open is redirecting to app download sites or ap store on my iPhone. Anyone else having this problem or have suggestions on a quick fix? I'm on an iPhone 5 using ATT data. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

I don't have the iPhone anymore (switched to the Galaxy). I don't have that issue on my Galaxy but I do have it on my Android tablet. It was driving me nuts yesterday.

I don't have the iPhone anymore (switched to the Galaxy). I don't have that issue on my Galaxy but I do have it on my Android tablet. It was driving me nuts yesterday.
No joke just came to check your reply and got the same redirect. Not loving the book I just started either. Going to be a long ride.

Using a Galaxy myself, no problems here.

Other weird things happening now as well. Like threads that have 17 posts only displaying 7.

I have a galaxy s5 and I used to have redirect issues but not anymore. I have found in the past that those type of issues are caused by the ads on a page.

I know a simple fix....

sledge-hammer-775102.jpg

I know a simple fix....

sledge-hammer-775102.jpg
Getting to that point... But then I'd really have nothing to do for the next 3 hours... But drink. To the bar car it is I suppose.

Proof that man was not meant to use the abomination that is cell phones
Use a PC like God intended!

Lol, I do. But I work two jobs so it's not always possible.

I have that happen on my iPhone on occasion. It has to do with the ads; coders can have it built in that even without clicking on an ad, you are redirected to the App store to download something. I just close out of that and go back to the thread when it happens but it is certainly annoying after a few times.

You have my sympathy.
I did use my iPhone for Patsfans a bit when I was in Europe last September & all worked fine
See dales804 post on Ads

My suggestion would be to download Tapatalk and use that instead of Safari.

There are ads on this site? ;)

See <-----

Is it asking you to download Tapatalk?

I personally prefer using Safari on my iPhone rather than Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 5, with an up to date OS, and I've never had the problem. I don't know if that will help any attempts to pinpoint the issue, or not, but I thought I'd point it out for comparison's sake.

Major issues with the iphone 6. Lyft has a very aggressive popup program here

Seems we need to develop an army of popup killers going forward in the 21st century..or else...CHAOS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes