Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From a recent Andrew Brandt (former agent and Packer VP) piece at SI.com:

There will be a lot of anticipation about a potential encounter between Roger Goodell, public enemy No. 1 according to Patriots fans, and the Krafts and Tom Brady next week. I cannot speak for Brady, but I have long been told that any friction between the Krafts and Goodell has been highly overrated. Robert and Jonathan Kraft maintain a good relationship with Goodell; they compartmentalize well. As to where they place blame for the two-year Deflategate saga, it is more on 1) the Colts (Jonathan Kraft had some choice words for outgoing general manager Ryan Grigson) and 2) NFL lawyers (when in doubt, blame the lawyers).

Sure, I wonder what they would say with a little Sodium thiopental/Pentothal?

Then again, Roger would be the first person I'd put that test to.

From a recent Andrew Brandt (former agent and Packer VP) piece at SI.com:

They can say whatever they want.

Everyone and their mother knows Goody had multiple opportunities to snuff this out.....and he didn't.

With Rozelle or Tags this DFG doesnt happen.

So the fix is NOT in then? So confused now.

Wow, imagine how bad this team would have been screwed if they had a bad relationship.

I can see putting blame on the Colts, but the NFL lawyers? It's repeated often that Goodell just does what the owners want him to do, but he also does whatever the NFL lawyers tell him to do? Does anyone actually take orders from Goodell or does he just follow instructions from various groups at 345 Park Ave?

id574g_th.jpg

In other news the sky is blue

Wow, imagine how bad this team would have been screwed if they had a bad relationship.

I can see putting blame on the Colts, but the NFL lawyers? It's repeated often that Goodell just does what the owners want him to do, but he also does whatever the NFL lawyers tell him to do? Does anyone actually take orders from Goodell or does he just follow instructions from various groups at 345 Park Ave?
The lawyers didn't buy a phony investigation and give a moronic punishment. They just defended it in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
If their relationship is so good, why did Kraft almost go on a rant against the league at the AFC Championship award ceremony last Sunday? Kraft had to control himself midway through the sentence (he was beginning to look awkward).

If their relationship is so good, why did Kraft almost go on a rant against the league at the AFC Championship award ceremony last Sunday? Kraft had to control himself midway through the sentence (he was beginning to look awkward).
Actually he looked drunk

The lawyers didn't buy a phony investigation and give a moronic punishment. They just defended it in court.
I don't disagree with your point, but quite frankly, those lawyers had a raging ethical conflict of interest, and they fkn knew it. They also billed the **** out of the file, and large parts of their legal work were pretty sloppy.

Kraft saved Goodell during the Ray Rice fiasco.

It's more probable than not, Goodell will suffer a similar scandal with his job on the line.

Some of you guys know Kraft much better, but I'm hoping that when Goodell is again hanging off the cliff, Kraft does not give him a hand, but lets him slip and fall.

Likely?

I refer all to my avatar, which is a forlorn cry for how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots