Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
From a recent Andrew Brandt (former agent and Packer VP) piece at SI.com:

There will be a lot of anticipation about a potential encounter between Roger Goodell, public enemy No. 1 according to Patriots fans, and the Krafts and Tom Brady next week. I cannot speak for Brady, but I have long been told that any friction between the Krafts and Goodell has been highly overrated. Robert and Jonathan Kraft maintain a good relationship with Goodell; they compartmentalize well. As to where they place blame for the two-year Deflategate saga, it is more on 1) the Colts (Jonathan Kraft had some choice words for outgoing general manager Ryan Grigson) and 2) NFL lawyers (when in doubt, blame the lawyers).

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Sure, I wonder what they would say with a little Sodium thiopental/Pentothal?

Then again, Roger would be the first person I'd put that test to.

Koma

In the Starting Line-Up
Wow, imagine how bad this team would have been screwed if they had a bad relationship.

I can see putting blame on the Colts, but the NFL lawyers? It's repeated often that Goodell just does what the owners want him to do, but he also does whatever the NFL lawyers tell him to do? Does anyone actually take orders from Goodell or does he just follow instructions from various groups at 345 Park Ave?

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Wow, imagine how bad this team would have been screwed if they had a bad relationship.

I can see putting blame on the Colts, but the NFL lawyers? It's repeated often that Goodell just does what the owners want him to do, but he also does whatever the NFL lawyers tell him to do? Does anyone actually take orders from Goodell or does he just follow instructions from various groups at 345 Park Ave?
The lawyers didn't buy a phony investigation and give a moronic punishment. They just defended it in court.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndianPat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
If their relationship is so good, why did Kraft almost go on a rant against the league at the AFC Championship award ceremony last Sunday? Kraft had to control himself midway through the sentence (he was beginning to look awkward).

Seacoast Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
The lawyers didn't buy a phony investigation and give a moronic punishment. They just defended it in court.
I don't disagree with your point, but quite frankly, those lawyers had a raging ethical conflict of interest, and they fkn knew it. They also billed the **** out of the file, and large parts of their legal work were pretty sloppy.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Kraft saved Goodell during the Ray Rice fiasco.

It's more probable than not, Goodell will suffer a similar scandal with his job on the line.

Some of you guys know Kraft much better, but I'm hoping that when Goodell is again hanging off the cliff, Kraft does not give him a hand, but lets him slip and fall.

Likely?

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I refer all to my avatar, which is a forlorn cry for how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.