PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Since Brady’s Return from Suspension.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's amazing that Cooks is currently on pace for 72 catches/1,250 yards...and it looks like he's just starting to hit his stride.

Yeah that old Goat Brady was holding him back.:D

Yep, it's amazing that Cooks is currently on pace for 72 catches/1,250 yards...and it looks like he's just starting to hit his stride.
He's 4th in the NFL in receiving yards, on track for a career high. Just from watching the games I never would have guessed that. He's also only 24 years old.

It's clear as day that bill wanted to make tom's life a little easier by getting him a weapon like cooks at age 40. He doesn't have to try and fit all these throws all the time. Still throwing the deep ball well.

Basically back to 2007 :

2007 : 50 TD, 8 INT, 68.9%, 8.3 YPA

2016-2017 : 50 TD, 4 INT, 67.9%, 8.3 YPA.

So that record breaking 2007, Moss influenced Brady is back . . . but at 40 years old.

Can we also get the stats since deflategate broke up in here? so starting w/ the playoff game after Indy?

I think this really has something to do w/ balls being regulated more now, as in, beforehand the league didn't give a f, so balls were whatever, and QBs lesser than brady had them where they could handle them better

then all of a sudden theyre being regulated, and QBs cant throw as well (rodgers, luck, etc) , except brady, who now has a regulated ball, so the variation in the ball was the biggest variation he was facing b/c his preparation/mechanics are so good they have no variation...and since there's less variation now he is smoking hot

Basically back to 2007 :

2007 : 50 TD, 8 INT, 68.9%, 8.3 YPA

2016-2017 : 50 TD, 4 INT, 67.9%, 8.3 YPA.

So that record breaking 2007, Moss influenced Brady is back . . . but at 40 years old.

giphy.gif

I think this really has something to do w/ balls being regulated more now, as in, beforehand the league didn't give a f, so balls were whatever, and QBs lesser than brady had them where they could handle them better then all of a sudden theyre being regulated, and QBs cant throw as well (rodgers, luck, etc) , except brady, who now has a regulated ball, so the variation in the ball was the biggest variation he was facing b/c his preparation/mechanics are so good they have no variation...and since there's less variation now he is smoking hot
Agreed. Clearly there's a little bit of pride and proving he's not been cheating but I am with you.

We know Brady liked the balls to be on the lower end of the legal range. He just happens to play in the Northeast where the Ideal Gas Law would affect balls the most. He also plays a lot of night games when it's colder and, hence, more effect. Starting balls at 12.5 or thereabouts, by the second half of games in the later part of the season he would be playing, inadvertently, with under inflated balls. Now they measure them at halftime and increase the pressure if needed and . . . surprise . . . Brady gets a lot better.

Rodgers would have a similar effect in GB but that division has more domes and as we know he intentionally over inflated his balls the natural deflation wouldn't hurt as much. I may be wrong but I think the NFL inadvertently fixed a problem that Brady wasn't aware of . . . Ernie Adams should have known about this ;)

Agreed. Clearly there's a little bit of pride and proving he's not been cheating but I am with you.

We know Brady liked the balls to be on the lower end of the legal range. He just happens to play in the Northeast where the Ideal Gas Law would affect balls the most. He also plays a lot of night games when it's colder and, hence, more effect. Starting balls at 12.5 or thereabouts, by the second half of games in the later part of the season he would be playing, inadvertently, with under inflated balls. Now they measure them at halftime and increase the pressure if needed and . . . surprise . . . Brady gets a lot better.

Rodgers would have a similar effect in GB but that division has more domes and as we know he intentionally over inflated his balls the natural deflation wouldn't hurt as much. I may be wrong but I think the NFL inadvertently fixed a problem that Brady wasn't aware of . . . Ernie Adams should have known about this ;)

I know you're mostly kidding, but regarding Brady liking the balls to be on the lower end of the legal range, he didn't even know the rules on air pressure until mid season 2014. Until a game against the Jets when the refs substantially overinflated the balls, the Patriots inflated them to mid range.

2014 AFCCG ...

Brady, first half (underinflated footballs):

11 of 20 (55%), 95 yards (4.75 ypa), 1 TD, 1 INT

Brady, second half (properly inflated footballs):

12 of 15 (80%), 131 yards (8.75 ypa), 2 TD, no INT

Clearly, Brady had benefited from the underinflated footballs.

Not.

I know you're mostly kidding, but regarding Brady liking the balls to be on the lower end of the legal range, he didn't even know the rules on air pressure until mid season 2014. Until a game against the Jets when the refs substantially overinflated the balls, the Patriots inflated them to mid range.
He may not have known the rules but I thought the equipment guys tried to do them on the lower end of the legal range ? Anyway, I wasn't kidding, it may be coincidence but the more consistent balls seem to be helping him.

Max Whackederman last month..

That azzhole, Rob Parker, and Nick Wrong are the absolute worst. I would love for the Patriots to capture another title just to hear those idiots cry about how lucky the team is.

He may not have known the rules but I thought the equipment guys tried to do them on the lower end of the legal range ? Anyway, I wasn't kidding, it may be coincidence but the more consistent balls seem to be helping him.

No, in Jastremski's email's, he said he filled them to 13.0 and expected them to be 13.0 after the Jets game.

I doubt the balls are having any effect on his play. A better receiving corps and offensive line probably mostly account for his improved statistics.

The difference in the balls is miniscule and have no effect on anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disagree. A puff of air here or there isn't helping or hurting anyone. He plays with footballs in cold and hot weather and because of that the pressure and the texture of the footballs vary significantly. He could play with a ball at 14 psi on a really hot day and a ball at 10 psi on a really cold day. Leather feels different when hot or cold. And not to mention playing with wet, dry or frozen footballs.

So no, it has never been about a few puffs of air. It has always been about Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Who was that dude that ripped Kellerman a new one when he was like "You saying Brady is going to fall off of a cliff at all time is just too easy - of course he is. Once it happens, you'll be like 'I was right!' - well of course, it's inevitable." and basically shut him up. For only the remainder of the show, that is.

Max Whackederman last month..

He's still getting hammered for his Super Bowl "Cliff" tweet. Which btw is an all time classic tweet. Tweeted Cliff at halftime during the Super Bowl and ate **** by the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call