PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast VIII: WR Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjames

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I usually hate all the "should we sign..." posts, but I am seriously interested in this guy. Chicago is looking to trade him. I think he is a great receiver that would benefit nicely from playing with TFB after years of Cutler and which ever JAG was throwing him the ball in Miami. I know he's had his troubles, but do we even have to have that discussion anymore after Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, LeGarrette Blount?

Seeing him as a co host on Inside the NFL this year he was constantly praising NE and the stability of the franchise. I think he has matured a ton, got his meds right and is looking to win.

For Brady, who is not a great deep ball thrower, a receiver like Marshall who excels at going up and getting the ball would be a nice addition. I'd give up a 3rd &/or 4th for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussed ad nausem already in other threads. The posters here who understand how a football team is built came to the conclusion that he isnt worth the potential headache. He would have to come super cheap and even then, with other team needs it may not be worth it.

Keep this guy out of NE, please.

Thanks.

his cap hit is 10 million so it wont happen but if the pats were looking for a WR Andre Johnson will be cut in a few days

I hear Josh McDaniels loves this guy.:rolleyes:

If there's one thing we've learned from the Patriots front office, it's that they can't resist a big, fast outside receiver with character concerns.
Who was regarded as one of the smartest WR to ever play and who was going to take a prove it deal, and who did not have an issue with the current OC.

Which BM isnt any of those things.

Who was regarded as one of the smartest WR to ever play and who was going to take a prove it deal, and who did not have an issue with the current OC.

Which BM isnt any of those things.

I meant to be sarcastic and just edited my post. It wasn't supposed to be about Moss but about three WRs every year that the Patriots pass on despite fans thinking they should sign them. Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice, to name a few.

I meant to be sarcastic and just edited my post. It wasn't supposed to be about Moss but about three WRs every year that the Patriots pass on despite fans thinking they should sign them. Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice, to name a few.
Ahhhh yeah I sensed it could be sarcasm but I also know posters love to draw conclusions from past moves.

Someone a week or so ago was showing pictures of Corey Dillon in an attempt to justify picking up Marshall. The situations are not similar.

If there's one thing we've learned from the Patriots front office, it's that they can't resist a big, fast outside receiver with character concerns. <Sarcasm>
Call it BS if you want but Marshall has been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Does that absolve him from the 2012 night club incident or chewing out Cutler (who deserved it)? No. But I think to classify him in the same bucket as Plaxico Burress or some other gang banger/bad character guy is a bit unfair.

Last edited:
I'm sure Belichick wouldn't mind him doing a Showtime gig during the season.

Also, he kind of ripped the Pats for cheating on that show. Though I don't really rememberexactly what he said. I just remember that I now hate him.

As a player I think he whines and cries and demands the ball. His salary is high and his production is declining so yeah.....no thanks.

No head cases.

sure, would open the field even more for the gronk.:cool:

I'm fine with it if he stays on his meds :)

Brandon Marshall and Josh McDaniels are a marriage made in heaven:

I forgot about the McDaniels history - so probably not going to happen.

I usually hate all the "should we sign..." posts, but I am seriously interested in this guy. Chicago is looking to trade him. I think he is a great receiver that would benefit nicely from playing with TFB after years of Cutler and which ever JAG was throwing him the ball in Miami. I know he's had his troubles, but do we even have to have that discussion anymore after Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, LeGarrette Blount?

Seeing him as a co host on Inside the NFL this year he was constantly praising NE and the stability of the franchise. I think he has matured a ton, got his meds right and is looking to win.

For Brady, who is not a great deep ball thrower, a receiver like Marshall who excels at going up and getting the ball would be a nice addition. I'd give up a 3rd &/or 4th for him.

Accepting guys with reputations does not equal accepting all guys with reputations.
Marshalls issues are different than any of those guys. The biggest issue being a me player.
Marshall has been on 3 teams, and has never been on one that made the playoffs. I do not think its a coincidence.

I would love to have him. Very talented guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing