PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the beast - Shaq Leonard

Not sure what the purpose of picking him up on a 2-8 team is. Because of his health issues, unlikely to be resigned.
Why take playing time away from players who are more likely to be in long term plans?
The pats goal should NOT be to do everything possible to get to 8-9
Under contract til '26... So it's not like it's a short term rental

Any consideration of a waiver claim of that contract is absolutely nuts.
Can always renegotiate... He's already gotten the bonus money from the clots... Rework the deal, he gets money upfront, we lower the cap hits

Hard pass on other team's overpaid guys who can't play anymore. We have enough of those already.
Given the cap space next year, might be worth a look if he clears waivers and is on a new contract. If he has an offset in his contract, some contender is going to get him practically for free.

Given the cap space next year, might be worth a look if he clears waivers and is on a new contract. If he has an offset in his contract, some contender is going to get him practically for free.

If only to prevent the Queefs from acquiring him, I would strongly consider claiming the dude.

Not sure what the purpose of picking him up on a 2-8 team is. Because of his health issues, unlikely to be resigned.
Why take playing time away from players who are more likely to be in long term plans?
The pats goal should NOT be to do everything possible to get to 8-9
Players like who ??

Then he can opt out of his contract at the end of the season.
not sure i am following... you mean opt out after the 2025 season?

Shaq Leonard can opt out of his contract at the end of this year if he's claimed off waivers.
thank you for the info... that tidbit was not in the contract breakdown i had read.

If I’m Kraft I demand we claim him for the next regime
If I’m Bob Kraft I’m saying So Sorry, the washing machine broke and I have to replace it, no money for free agent pick ups. Get back to me once we have secured the first pick in the draft.

He underwent two procedures in 2022 to address a nerve issue during and only appeared in three games last season. He returned for 2023 and started nine of the Colts’ 10 games, but was limited to primarily playing on first and second downs.
This is why you read the article.

If he clears waivers I would be fine taking a look on a low dollar prove it deal. Picking him up with the history of back injuries at this price scares me.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back