PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shout-out for Danny Shelton!!! (and in a way, BB... not that he needs it :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In the midst of 2 great wins, Shelton has been a beast.

Shelton in midst of bounce-back season

Quote from The Coach:

Asked about Shelton's progress Monday, after a second straight solid performance, Belichick didn't hesitate to acknowledge the development he's seen.

"I think Dan's really improved a lot from year one to year two here," Belichick said. "Not that this is his first year in the league, I don't mean it that way, but last year was his first year with the Patriots. This year, going into the year was really a lot better, I think, for me and for him.

"I have a better feeling for what his style of play is and what things I think we can really take advantage of in the defense. I'm not sure that we did a great job of that last year, but he's very good at some things, and we'll try to get him to do those as much as we can. He's been great all year."

BB saying, hey, I needed to coach better. Shelton saying, I needed to play and buy in better. Awesome :)

...these days, Shelton reminds me on-field of an old John Wayne quote:

https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

;)

...although I guess that phrase could apply just as well to Josh Gordon.

Shelton has been very solid.

He looks so slim (for him) and powerful. Losing that weight really cranked up his motor.

The turnaround started in the playoffs last season. He looks like everything the Browns wanted him to be. He looks like what we wanted him to be. He's playing extremely well against the run and collapsing the pocket on passing plays. He's been excellent.

Is it racist to think that Samoan people are awesome?

Yep. Defense is strong on all 3 levels. It’s a wonder to behold.

Pats aren’t about stats (hey that rhymes) but it’s hard not to get caught up in that a little...like there’s going to be games where the Pats are up 30 in the 4th (coughcough Jets) where the garbage yards & TDs will be sort of annoying.

You know, if they’re so concerned about player safety they should implement a mercy rule. You’re down 40 with 7 minutes left? I’m sorry, you had your chance your time is up the game’s over.

Shelton has persistently moved the LOS backward and played with immense penetration. Love seeing a big man dominate.

Yep. Defense is strong on all 3 levels. It’s a wonder to behold.

Pats aren’t about stats (hey that rhymes) but it’s hard not to get caught up in that a little...like there’s going to be games where the Pats are up 30 in the 4th (coughcough Jets) where the garbage yards & TDs will be sort of annoying.

You know, if they’re so concerned about player safety they should implement a mercy rule. You’re down 40 with 7 minutes left? I’m sorry, you had your chance your time is up the game’s over.

I'm totally here already. Take the Miami game. 8:57 left in the game, up 37-0. To this point, the Pats had held Miami to 5 first downs and 95 total yards. In two of their last three drives, total garbage time, the Dolphins managed 6 first downs and 89 yards, pushing their meager totals to 11 first downs and 184 total yards.

I didn't want Miami to get any of that. I wanted them stuck at 5 first downs and less than 100 total yards. Why? I don't know. I guess I wanted to see just complete dominance on a statistical level that I'd never seen before.

Call me greedy. :)

I'm totally here already. Take the Miami game. 8:57 left in the game, up 37-0. To this point, the Pats had held Miami to 5 first downs and 95 total yards. In two of their last three drives, total garbage time, the Dolphins managed 6 first downs and 89 yards, pushing their meager totals to 11 first downs and 184 total yards.

I didn't want Miami to get any of that. I wanted them stuck at 5 first downs and less than 100 total yards. Why? I don't know. I guess I wanted to see just complete dominance on a statistical level that I'd never seen before.

Call me greedy. :)
Crush, Kill, Destroy!!

Didn’t care that he got re-signed at the time, wow has he turned it around. Major props to him and Bill.

Somehow, the Patriots have rediscovered the #12 overall pick hidden inside the Cleveland Brown. Awesome re-signing.

It's like he is being coached by IMG_0561.JPG

It shouldn’t be.. but these days in 2019 someone in Cambridge would probably see a positive complement like this as derogatory.

Ever since that one crushing play for a loss in the last Super Bowl, he's been on my radar - hope we see many more. :D

Yes, a well-deserved shout out to BB. If a player's not doing what the team want him to do it's ALWAYS down to the coach.

He doesn't want to -- then you shouldn't have recruited him.
He can't -- then you haven't taught him properly or you're asking him to do the wrong thing

How many coaches in the league are humble enough to admit that? I can only think of one!

LOL. Given that they aren't a "race", I don't think so. There's actually some entertaining research about the genetic evolution of Pacific islands creating a seemingly inordinate number of large people.

My favorite Pacific Islander football humor was the Doonesbury strip about Lava Lava Lenny, who played defensive line on the college team. "But what position?" someone asked. "The entire line." was the answer. I don't recall is he was identified as Samoan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back