PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should K'neal Harry transition to TE?

What to do with the bust that is K'neal Harry? He has the size for TE. He seems to do a decent job blocking. Is that a solution? Certainly, he shouldn't be taking away snaps at WR from others.

Wondering what others think...
He should go, if he can't figure out WR then he's def not going to be able to do anything at TE. I feel like it would be best if he went to the Bills or Chiefs and started every game for them.

He costs less than 1.2 million to keep on the roster.

The most likely scenario is they bring him to camp and he finally gets cut sometime towards the end.

N'Keal's problems seem to me a cognitive or attentional matter. He doesn't seem to know what he's supposed to be doing, can't keep focused on it. It seems to me the complexity and cognitive demands of tight end very much exceed those of wideout. I think there is no chance it can work. I wish him well, but it's over.

Cutting him costs that much too and we would still have to replace him….

Just don’t pick up his 5th year option…and try to trade him to the Cardinals or something…..I‘d do an Isabella deal in a heart beat….maybe even throw in a 6th too….
Cutting him costs less on the cap. Even if it didn't, have you ever heard of sunk cost fallacy? He takes up space, costs cash money and can't play. Cutting him costs $0 cash.

Keep costs 3.2 million cap, 1.8mm cash
Cut costs: 2 million cap, 0 cash

Trade him? To whom? He's the worst wr in memory. He turns easy catches into interceptions. You think some team wants to pay a million or so for that? That would be like paying for someone to hit you in the kneecap with a baseball bat.

Last edited:
He costs less than 1.2 million to keep on the roster.

The most likely scenario is they bring him to camp and he finally gets cut sometime towards the end.
OK, so we have Wilkerson/Harry as our #4 WR for about $1M unless upgraded.

We need to focus on our top 3: Agholor, Myers and Bourne. Is this good enough to match up with KC or anyone else?

What to do with the bust that is K'neal Harry? He has the size for TE. He seems to do a decent job blocking. Is that a solution? Certainly, he shouldn't be taking away snaps at WR from others.

Wondering what others think...

Who do you think he is? Jermaine Cunningham?

OK, so we have Wilkerson/Harry as our #4 WR for about $1M unless upgraded.

We need to focus on our top 3: Agholor, Myers and Bourne. Is this good enough to match up with KC or anyone else?

You know the answer, but they're not that far off.

Mac needs a reliable binkie. It doesn't even need to be a big time threat, just a solid slot receiver. We can make due with Bourne, maybe Meyers, Agholor with the two tight ends, if the team adds a binkie for Mac.

Unfortunately we might be stuck with Agholor's contract next year. He costs less than 5 million, if you count the $10 million cut hit.

Harry is the worst WR on the roster (Gunner and Slater are STers) and his main talent is blocking. So I understand the TE thinking. But a good blocking 230 lb WR is not a good blocking TE ( they go 260+ lbs). He is too light to be a blocking TE and he would fail at H-back for the same reason he failed at WR. He has little feel for the passing game and lacks the skills to get open. If he is on the roster next season we will have failed to improve a position that desperately needs improvement. It needs improvement at the top: a WR who can separate better than any of the current WRs. Given the needs and the cap, I don’t think we can afford a WR1 in FA. That means we will need to hit a WR bullseye in the draft. This unhappy situation is a result of many previous WR whiffs in the draft and FA.

Harry is the worst WR on the roster. If he is on the roster next season we will have failed to improve a position that desperately needs improvement.

Harry might be around at camp, but no way the plan will be for him to make the roster.

He'll be here on opening day only if there are injuries or something else failed.

Harry is the worst WR on the roster (Gunner and Slater are STers) and his main talent is blocking. So I understand the TE thinking. But a good blocking 230 lb WR is not a good blocking TE ( they go 260+ lbs). He is too light to be a blocking TE and he would fail at H-back for the same reason he failed at WR. He has little feel for the passing game and lacks the skills to get open. If he is on the roster next season we will have failed to improve a position that desperately needs improvement. It needs improvement at the top: a WR who can separate better than any of the current WRs. Given the needs and the cap, I don’t think we can afford a WR1 in FA. That means we will need to hit a WR bullseye in the draft. This unhappy situation is a result of many previous WR whiffs in the draft and FA.
We will have Agholor, Myers, and Bourne.

Yes, it would be good to draft a WR who could beat out Wilkerson, Harry, Nixon and a cheap FA for the #4 spot.

We Canadian’s speak different then you, eh?
"Hi, I'm N'Keal Harry, and before I hit the road to my next CFL interview I fuel up with Tim Horton's Fiesta Farmer’s Wrap and a large cup of their fresh made coffee. Tim Horton's - it keeps you going."

Cutting him costs less on the cap. Even if it didn't, have you ever heard of sunk cost fallacy? He takes up space, costs cash money and can't play. Cutting him costs $0 cash.

Keep costs 3.2 million cap, 1.8mm cash
Cut costs: 2 million cap, 0 cash

Trade him? To whom? He's the worst wr in memory. He turns easy catches into interceptions. You think some team wants to pay a million or so for that? That would be like paying for someone to hit you in the kneecap with a baseball bat.
The formula for me is:

Cut Harry = 2M
Replace Harry with vet minimum for WR = 660k

So, we save 540k by cutting Harry? Better to ship him to the Cardinals plus a six for Isabella. The Cardinals also liked Harry three years ago….same front office. Besides trading for Harry is still lucrative considering a team only needs to pick up his salary…not the bonus allocation.

The good thing about Harry still being on the roster is, we keep having like 10 active threads about him every season

You know in hindsight, we might look back on drafting Harry as the end of the dynasty run

he should transition to the laundry room and work for free for the next 40 years

at least that way the Pats got something out of the pick

Berrios is a free agent, I think. We could bring him home for peanuts.

I’ll keep starting threads after he’s gone.
I am interested to see his performance in another teams practice squad but also in your threads I will post in them regularly
I hope he goes to Baltimore or Cleveland just block block block

I just can’t get behind Harry. He just doesn’t have the “It” factor. At this point I think it’s just his mentality. I doubt anyone would want to give us any draft picks for this dude…

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back