PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should K'neal Harry transition to TE?

Kneal, Harry simply doesn't have the intestinal fortitude for TE, or the NFL in general... He would rather crack-block from the side so he doesn't have to face anyone man-to-man, because he knows he wouldn't be able to handle the Truth.

As a TE, he would make JonNo Smith look like Gronk. No thanks.

Last edited:
he can stay in Foxboro if Kraft transitions him to a parking lot attendant
some one out there thinks they can "fix" him or "use his talents" correctly... so he will catch on with another team, at least thru camp... and who known he might just try to convert to TE...

I don't hate N'Keal Harry... He just offers nothing to this team, and what he does do can be replaced by basically any camp body... wasted roster spot they could use for a player with upside, like Wilkerson, who showed a spark, when he got to play

some one out there thinks they can "fix" him or "use his talents" correctly... so he will catch on with another team, at least thru camp... and who known he might just try to convert to TE...

I don't hate N'Keal Harry... He just offers nothing to this team, and what he does do can be replaced by basically any camp body... wasted roster spot they could use for a player with upside, like Wilkerson, who showed a spark, when he got to play

totally agree, he's been bitterly disappointing

I'm guessing there's less than zero percent chance he returns.

Just draft a wr in second round( Metchie or beat available one) .let's hope that by law of averages , Anybody we draft in wr becomes a home run this year. Let's hope Jordan Davis falls to us in round 1. His pass rush is limited. So quite possible he falls to us.

Let's put trust in 2021 draft mcgrone and Perkins for LB along with Uche and tag Jackson. That seems to be the best bet. Cut/trade Guy, Shaq and godchaux . We can't afford all of them . Push 10- 15 million of dead cap to next year through restructures with agholor , mccourty .

I was hoping he could transition into a Wide Receiver but I’m afraid that’s one hope too far…

He is a good blocking WR.... so not sure where that leaves him as part of this team. But he is a failure as pass-catcher/playmaker.

seems to me berrios has more catches than oslzewski.

any upgrade is a good upgrade.
Agreed. I was being a sarcastic a*shole lol. At the time I wanted Berrios over Gunner since I thought he would offer more as a receiver and was a comparable kick returner. Obviously we didn't go that way and I would guess if Bill had it to do over he would have kept Berrios over Gunner.

Agreed. I was being a sarcastic a*shole lol. At the time I wanted Berrios over Gunner since I thought he would offer more as a receiver and was a comparable kick returner. Obviously we didn't go that way and I would guess if Bill had it to do over he would have kept Berrios over Gunner.
If BB knew what he knows now maybe he holds Berrios another season on the practice squad or otherwise... but he didn't. Berrios didn't become a good player until year three and a great special teams player until year four. We can pretend he was good early on but he wasn't.

And the competition didn't involve Gunner initially, it was between Berrios and Riley McCarron in 2018. Berrios and McCarron were clones athletically, both guys were were really fast slot guys but fumble machines in camp and preseason, they dropped passes, they dropped punts and kicks. McCarron cleaned up his act up by the end of preseason and made the regular season roster... week one he goes out and fumbles a return. Career over. Cut. Berrios had already been put on the IR (Foxboro flu) at that point.

The next offseason Berrios was the same unreliable player in camp and preseason a couple/too many times, even if he showed flashes... so they cut him. Gunner was a good football player, regardless of position as a rookie. Gunner played relatively mistake free, played offense, defense and special teams. He caught the ball, made good blocks and tackles, he made smart decisions. He was a good football player.

Gunner came along in 2019, Berrios goes to the Jets in 2019, works on his game and improves over three seasons there. He becomes serviceable in year three, then really good in year four. He's a free agent, we should sign him now... bring him back like they re-signed Chung after he went to Philly and learned how to defend the pass. But Berrios wasn't the player then that he is now in year four, and there's not a lot of patience for 6th round picks on a championship contender. He should thank the Pats for the big diamond encrusted ring he received in 2018.

Gunner is a better punt returner and Berrios is a better kick returner. Berrios may keep improving and surpass Gunner as a punt returner, but as of now he's blah and he's an okay but improving slot receiver on a bad offense. The kickoff is getting phased out and if some player proves to be good at it, teams won't kick to them... it's a dying art. You can't roster everybody. But if BB could do it all over again, he probably would have held onto both.

The blocking for the 2021 Patriots on special teams was really poor. The offensive line blocking only improved because they were experienced vets across the board, former Scar guys. But the execution for the entire team was really bad at the bookends of the season. If Gunner didn't repeat his explosive punt return numbers it's largely due to that. I don't get the Gunner hate. He makes tackles and returns the ball for positive yardage. He played the 7th most special teams snaps on the team and made as many tackles as Slater.

And yes N'Keal should transition to TE... but for some other team.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back