PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Belichick Retain Personnel Duties?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Belichick Retain Personnel Duties?

• Total voters
Should Belichick have to give up control over the Draft, Free Agency, and Personnel Decisions? Should he still be kept as HC? Or should he be fired entirely?
No

He should hire you to help him.

I think people are missing the problem. The defense is good(despite missing its 2 best players).

What should happen is for him to have no say in the offense
The QB makes the entire Rolex watch tick.

I watched NE vs KC AFCC 2018 last night. Burkhead, Hogan, Edelman, Gronk, all stepped up huge. BB brought those guys in and they executed.

Find a QB this draft.

Only 4 ReAl PaTs FaNs left on this board. The rest of you ****s, haters alls of youse.
Huge mistake firing BB, but Kraft should have traded a Super Bowl by keeping Brady and letting BB go back in 2020.

At least Kraft would have the most Super Bowl wins for the time being.

No

He should hire you to help him.

Unlike you Triumph, I have never been ignorant enough to claim I could do a better job than Belichick. And you are stupid enough to actually believe it.

That's 2. You and Andy. Wonder who the 3rd guy is that wants to continue seeing this crap team on the field.
Just thinking ahead a bit. Once we get the next QB.. that will be the key along with $$$$ to attract FAs we'll have a real opportunity to land tee Higgins or Mike Evans. However your absolutely correct this is crap all around offensively we have had to watch.

Bill alway says his players should be treated equally and assessed solely on their performance. Same should apply to Bill.

I can see taking away GM duties away from Belichick, and I can even see letting him go altogether if Kraft feels it’s time to go in a different direction. But these “ treat him like everyone else” horseshit takes conveniently leave out the fact that he has built the teams that won 9 conference Championships, and 6 Lombardi’s. Other than Slater there isnt a player on the team that has accomplished anything even remotely close to that, so it’s an idiotic standard to try and apply to him. It’s also a standard that Belichick was wrong to apply to Brady, and Brady was right to be pissedthat Belichick was treating him like player’s who had never accomplished anything, and it was a major reason that both Brady and Gronk didn’t want to play for him anymore. Belichick has accomplished great things in New England, and deserves his share of the credit for that success, but I don’t think there’s anyone who would disagree with the fact that he’s an ******* to deal with. Christ, according to some reports he would walk past Brady in the halls of the complex and not even acknowledge him, which, if true, is incredibly rude and disrespectful. And while there were players, like Bruschi, who were fine with Belichick calling them out like rookies, others, like Brady and Gronk didn’t appreciate it at all. So, like anyone else, Belichick has his faults, like being a ****head to people who deserved better, and realistic arguments for moving on from him can be made, the “ treat him like anyone else” argument isn’t one of them, as no one else, other than possibly Paul Brown, has accomplished what he has. And if you want to treat him like someone who did accomplish that much, then you have to give him an NFL franchise, as that’s what Paul Brown got.

Unlike you Triumph, I have never been ignorant enough to claim I could do a better job than Belichick. And you are stupid enough to actually believe it.
Don't sell yourself short when it's comes to stupidity Igor.

His ego would never allow him NOT to have total control. He talks that "as a collective" but as long as he has final say that's all window dressing. They are his picks. If the Pats are drafting a new QB it's time to move on from "no patience" Belichick entirely.

I think Belichick can go to another team without total control. He cannot stay with the Pats and give up control. That would be a demotion which I think in a lot of ways would be more embarrassing to Belichick than a firing.

And if Kraft just strips Belichick of his GM title and responsibilities and installs someone like Matt Groh, Eliot Wolf, or even Dave Zeigler or bring back Pioli; they will likely just build the team the way Belichick would want and select the players Belichick would. And it would be just like Belichick was GM anyway.

Only 4 ReAl PaTs FaNs left on this board. The rest of you ****s, haters alls of youse.

robert de niro smoke GIF

Don't sell yourself short when it's comes to stupidity Igor.

I never do. Unlike you, however, I’m not a troll. You spent the last 20 years trashing Belichick, then became one of just a handful of people who claim they want him to remain as GM and coach. Proving, yet again, that your sole purpose here is to be as much of an ******* as possible. A quality you are uniquely gifted with.

I still don't think you go into rebuild mode with a 72 year old head coach especially since he had an outdated coaching philosophy. With all the cash the Patriots have and a top 3 pick likely, it is the right time to move on. I think the Patriots are at the time right time to make a change.

We saw another example last night of an elite WR making a lesser QB look like a stud. Would Jake Browning have had the night he had without Ja'Marr Chase. That 76 yard pass wasn't a great thrown ball. It floated and was behind Chase. Chase just had a jump on the defender and was able to reach back and grab it. Will Belichick ever admit that elite receiving talent is important in today's NFL? That right there is a big reason I want to move on from Belichick.

I can see taking away GM duties away from Belichick, and I can even see letting him go altogether if Kraft feels it’s time to go in a different direction. But these “ treat him like everyone else” horseshit takes conveniently leave out the fact that he has built the teams that won 9 conference Championships, and 6 Lombardi’s. Other than Slater there isnt a player on the team that has accomplished anything even remotely close to that, so it’s an idiotic standard to try and apply to him. It’s also a standard that Belichick was wrong to apply to Brady, and Brady was right to be pissedthat Belichick was treating him like player’s who had never accomplished anything, and it was a major reason that both Brady and Gronk didn’t want to play for him anymore. Belichick has accomplished great things in New England, and deserves his share of the credit for that success, but I don’t think there’s anyone who would disagree with the fact that he’s an ******* to deal with. Christ, according to some reports he would walk past Brady in the halls of the complex and not even acknowledge him, which, if true, is incredibly rude and disrespectful. And while there were players, like Bruschi, who were fine with Belichick calling them out like rookies, others, like Brady and Gronk didn’t appreciate it at all. So, like anyone else, Belichick has his faults, like being a ****head to people who deserved better, and realistic arguments for moving on from him can be made, the “ treat him like anyone else” argument isn’t one of them, as no one else, other than possibly Paul Brown, has accomplished what he has. And if you want to treat him like someone who did accomplish that much, then you have to give him an NFL franchise, as that’s what Paul Brown got.

I love what he did here and I don't mind his personality but it's time to move on for everyone's sake including his. What he did here will never be forgotten. He's up there with Red Auerbach.

I ask this question out of a lack of knowledge so don't jump at me. I remember reading that most teams use a national scouting service, National or Blesto to evaluate talent but that the Patriots use their own system. If so, ( and they are still using their own system) perhaps it is time to join the crowd since it appears the Pats system isn't doing that great.

I still don't think you go into rebuild mode with a 72 year old head coach especially since he had an outdated coaching philosophy. With all the cash the Patriots have and a top 3 pick likely, it is the right time to move on. I think the Patriots are at the time right time to make a change.

We saw another example last night of an elite WR making a lesser QB look like a stud. Would Jake Browning have had the night he had without Ja'Marr Chase. That 76 yard pass wasn't a great thrown ball. It floated and was behind Chase. Chase just had a jump on the defender and was able to reach back and grab it. Will Belichick ever admit that elite receiving talent is important in today's NFL? That right there is a big reason I want to move on from Belichick.
Their top 3 guys, Chase, Higgins and Boyd are better than anyone here.

Their top 3 guys, Chase, Higgins and Boyd are better than anyone here.

Even when the Pats are fully healthy including Bourne who is gone for the season.

Give him a lifetime achievment award! He has literally DESTROYED this franchise over past 5-6 years.
He is not the owner.
Is the entire organization to be held hostage to his past accomplishments?
Not saying to fire him today….but treat him equally in the sense if he does not do his job well over a prolonged period he should be let go
They have been historically inept this year. Not just a “down year”

Give him a lifetime achievment award! He has literally DESTROYED this franchise over past 5-6 years.
He is not the owner.
Is the entire organization to be held hostage to his past accomplishments?
Not saying to fire him today….but treat him equally in the sense if he does not do his job well over a prolonged period he should be let go
They have been historically inept this year. Not just a “down year”

Well Sam, I have said repeatedly that I’m fine with taking GM duties away from him, and I’m even fine with letting him go. What I do take issue with is the “ he’s just like anybody else,” justification, because just as it was wrong for Belichick to treat player’s like Brady and Gronk like they were “ just like anybody else,” when they clearly weren’t, the same attitude towards Belichick is equally stupid. Belichick isn’t like anyone else to the Patriots, but he has also clearly failed in his effort to rebuild the team over the past 4 season’s, and that is a valid reason to go a different way.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back