PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should be an epic match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or I hope we at least make it that way. I've been a Ravens fan a long time and our matchups against you guys are some of the most exciting times to be one. With Flacco, that seemed to have lost it's thunder along with everything else and Lamar has made things in Baltimore exciting again.

It seems like all the media is focused on Lamar versus your front 7 and understandably so. I think this will be his biggest challenge yet as far as being able to do what he wants to do in and out of the pocket. I don't see a bunch of defenders chasing him around but rather defenders staying in their zone and defending the second level of defense.

I haven't seen much of this against LJ, but 3-man rushes are probably the best defense.. while keeping a spy on him and defending all the underneath stuff. I expect Belichick the wise goat that he is to manifest such a gameplan.

But anyway, I think this will be a fun matchup against you folks and I wish for an injury free game!
Welcome to the board.
Interested in your prediction of the game outcome and why.

Why not? Crowd will be crazy, their offense is the best we've played all season (by far), and their defense is up there too. This will be playoff-level atmosphere is my guess.
Ok...agree...but EPIC is "too much"...

The reason for his statue are for football related reasons, not because he's mother theresa.

But still my point stands it's irrelevant to the upcoming matchup which is what the thread is about. Ray isn't playing this Sunday.
No, but he's a double murderer with a couple of quality fall guys.

The families of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker will never have the justice they deserve, and you have a statue of the guy in front of your stadium.

No, he's not playing Sunday, but the worship from you and your fanbase is disgusting, and yeah, that's really all that matters when I see the Ravens on my TV. Ray Lewis killed two guys, and Terrell Suggs dumped bleach on his girlfriend while she was holding their child. And you all worshiped these people, and continue to do so.

Why not? Crowd will be crazy, their offense is the best we've played all season (by far), and their defense is up there too. This will be playoff-level atmosphere is my guess.

Their defense is below average and their offense one of the most one dimensional we will play all year.

It will be similar to other borderline playoff teams. Meh.

Last edited:
A jury determined no murder took place. The defendants were acquitted on self defense grounds. What facts are known to you that weren’t known to the jury? Please share. I don’t have to ask myself the same question because, unlike you, I’m not claiming I know what happened.
Read a newspaper from that time. Ray Lewis was arrested for DOUBLE MURDER and Aggravated Assault. Not obstruction. It was only after Ray clammed up to the police, and decided to flip on his fall guys, that Lewis' murder charge was dropped.

Ray Lewis PLEADED GUILTY to Obstruction of Justice. Why would he do that?

Bakers' blood was found in Lewis' limousine. Check.
The bloody white suit mysteriously disappeared, and the knives used in the attack were wiped clean.

Lewis' fall guys were found not guilty due to lack of evidence, and Ray Lewis' halfhearted attempt at testimony.

Ray Lewis also SETTLED A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT in this case. Because of Obstruction? He wouldn't have to do that because of obstruction.

**** outta here with 'jury found him not guilty'. Ray Lewis took Cris Carter's advice. He found himself a fall guy (two in this case), and without a literal smoking gun, the jury wasn't going to convict a famous person.

These were facts known to everybody. Defending Ray Lewis is disgusting.

Plus we still owe Harbawl and the Ratbirds one for the trumped-up foolishness of Deflategate.

We have an entire generation of Patsfans that grew up feeling like everything about the Patriots is “Epic”.

And it’s not their fault. Anyone born after 1990 just feels like this will go on forever
I started beginning '80...Grogan Eason at qb :)

Their defense is below average and their offense one of the most one dimensional we will play all year.

It will be similar other borderline playoff teams. Meh.
Good point I thought their D stats were better than they actually are. Still think it will be a great fight it isn't like our offense has been amazing lately.

It will be similar other borderline playoff teams. Meh.

Yeah, they gave up over 500 yards to the Browns.

So in the phrase "Epic match," the problem is "epic?"

Time was when that description would get you laughed right off the pitch...

So in the phrase "Epic match," the problem is "epic?"

Time was when that description would get you laughed right off the pitch...

That was not lost on me either.

They are getting several ex players back and have added one of the top CB's as well. Totally different team than 2-weeks ago.

Or I hope we at least make it that way. I've been a Ravens fan a long time and our matchups against you guys are some of the most exciting times to be one. With Flacco, that seemed to have lost it's thunder along with everything else and Lamar has made things in Baltimore exciting again.

It seems like all the media is focused on Lamar versus your front 7 and understandably so. I think this will be his biggest challenge yet as far as being able to do what he wants to do in and out of the pocket. I don't see a bunch of defenders chasing him around but rather defenders staying in their zone and defending the second level of defense.

I haven't seen much of this against LJ, but 3-man rushes are probably the best defense.. while keeping a spy on him and defending all the underneath stuff. I expect Belichick the wise goat that he is to manifest such a gameplan.

But anyway, I think this will be a fun matchup against you folks and I wish for an injury free game!

FYI: your avatar is a picture of a crow. A Northwestern crow to be specific.

A common mistake amongst the novice bird watchers. But how am I to take any of your points of contention seriously if you can't do something as simple as finding an accurate picture of a Raven?

Read a newspaper from that time. Ray Lewis was arrested for DOUBLE MURDER and Aggravated Assault. Not obstruction. It was only after Ray clammed up to the police, and decided to flip on his fall guys, that Lewis' murder charge was dropped.

Ray Lewis PLEADED GUILTY to Obstruction of Justice. Why would he do that?

Bakers' blood was found in Lewis' limousine. Check.
The bloody white suit mysteriously disappeared, and the knives used in the attack were wiped clean.

Lewis' fall guys were found not guilty due to lack of evidence, and Ray Lewis' halfhearted attempt at testimony.

Ray Lewis also SETTLED A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT in this case. Because of Obstruction? He wouldn't have to do that because of obstruction.

**** outta here with 'jury found him not guilty'. Ray Lewis took Cris Carter's advice. He found himself a fall guy (two in this case), and without a literal smoking gun, the jury wasn't going to convict a famous person.

These were facts known to everybody. Defending Ray Lewis is disgusting.

The “fall guys” weren’t famous. Why didn’t the jury convict them? Oh, you said it yourself: “due to a lack of evidence.” Seems like the jury accepted a plausible version of the facts—it was a violent street fight and the defendants used deadly force to defend themselves. Please share the evidence that you think proves otherwise. Should be easy for you to do since you are so confident you know what happened that night.

Btw, Juries convict famous people all the time, when there is, you know, sufficient evidence. Aaron Hernandez and Darren Sharper are recent examples in the football world. Lewis himself seemed to be worried about this possibility on the obstruction charge given the fact that he plead guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes