PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman Signs with 49ER'S (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can and there are enough valid reasons to do so. Not spending 7-10m on Sherman coming off an achillies injury when your secondary is already the strength of the defense (and sixth expensive unit in the league) is not one of those.

the secondary being the strength of this defense is not saying much...

Sherman is worse in the slot than on the outside that is well known and documented.

We have JJones and CJones, a draft and the usual veteran CB camp signing to look forward to. So no clue what the hell your CB4 or CB5 comment is supposed to be about. Or how it is connected to spending 7-10m on Sherman.

You said he sucked in the slot & that wasn’t who I was watching. Different. I’m aware he is more suited for the outside at 6’3”.

We’ll agree to disagree on the CB matter until we see what the team does in the next few weeks at other areas.

Last edited:
Don't you get it? You can't criticize BB on this forum at all.

Disagreement is fine & good. Disagreeing with a front office decision is fine too. We’re unique as a fan base because there is a spectrum of Tom Brady to BB/system as regards to team success & everyone lines up on it differently. Judging by your username we both lean the same way to a majority Brady.

In the end that’s all we want is a good enough team around him. Rowe is a shaky CB2 & having two CB1s is a definite way to improve the defense. I just don’t know how someone like Nigel Bradham (overrated, look at the DL he has in front of him) & Preston Brown will help the LB group. Draft or bust there.

Guessing the Sherman Niner agreement is 12 mill a year
If it's 7 or under I'll be surprised and disappointed.

And no one will question bill for "rolling" with the worst defensive secondary showing in Superbowl history will they.

You said he sucked in the slot & that wasn’t who I was watching. Different. I’m aware he is more suited for the outside at 6’3”.

If you pay 11m for that performance then he sucks. It is all about value.

And no one will question bill for "rolling" with the worst defensive secondary showing in Superbowl history will they.

The secondary was not the problem in the superbowl. I dont know why people keep posting this garbage.

The secondary was not the problem in the superbowl. I dont know why people keep posting this garbage.
The entire defense was a problem. The secondary should be included in that. Furthermore, I’m sure BB himself wasn’t kind to the secondary in postgame analysis with the team.

Bahhahahahhahaa

I suggest you actually use the offseason to understand the sport you are watching deeper than at Fantasy level.

I give you a hint.. it was the run defense / the coaching staffs lack of trust into the players there.

I suggest you actually use the offseason to understand the sport you are watching deeper than at Fantasy level.

I give you a hint.. it was the run defense / the coaching staffs lack of trust into the players there.

It was everyone not named Brady.

Use your off-eason to be a decent ****ing guy and not throw out dislikes at every post at 8 in the morning because somene said the secondary is bad

When it' without a doubt the reason we lost the Superbowl. Bad pass rush and all

Continue your condescending tone towards posters and continue to get laughed at.

Your choice

Someone seems to have no clue how the second round historically has about a 30% success rate in terms of producing starters.

So that’s your excuse? BB put him in the lineup, which is even worse.

The entire defense was a problem. The secondary should be included in that. Furthermore, I’m sure BB himself wasn’t kind to the secondary in postgame analysis with the team.

If we had a run defense that could actually get the job done there would have been no need to send additional players into the box consistently which in turn puts the secondary into a consistent disadvantage. The secondary is the last group on the list to blame.

It was everyone not named Brady.

Use your off-eason to be a decent ****ing guy and not throw out dislikes at every post at 8 in the morning because somene said the secondary is bad

When it' without a doubt the reason we lost the Superbowl. Bad pass rush and all

Continue your condescending tone towards posters and continue to get laughed at.

Your choice

lol

How do people think the secondary didn't crap the bed aside from Gilmore and Harmon in the Superbowl is beyond me.

Everyone did except Brady. It was a terrible defensive effort and I'm not letting the pass rush off the hook but the secondary was so bad I can' fathom how you "roll" with it.

Half this board was a huge butler binkie..

Bill says NAW HE SUCKS AND WE CAN'T EVEN FIELD HIM DURING THE SUPERBOWL and those people quietly go away farther and farther we get from the game

How do people think the secondary didn't crap the bed aside from Gilmore and Harmon in the Superbowl is beyond me.

Not surprised that this goes over your head.

You'e quietly competing with a certain long term poster as the worst one here.

But your sign up date indicates a bandwagon troll. To be expected.

The secondary has been a problem since Revis and Browner left. And just because they won the super bowl in 2016 does not mean that it wasn't a problem then either - I was at the game and they got beat like a drum by Matt Ryan. I agree that the D-line is perhaps more important, but that doesn't mean that the secondary can't be retooled. And the fact that Belichick already tried to get Talib earlier this week tells me that Bill is looking to improve the secondary too. The Eagles coaches were laughing at the fact that Rowe was playing so much (considering they knew his lack of ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes