PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman on the Way Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Achilles injuries for a CB are about as bad as it gets. He was great but I would only do a low guarantee incentive laden deal with him right now. He will get more elsewhere.

See the below which was previously posted. Sounds like not double Achilles, but one Achilles and one bone spur cleanup.

Interesting...

Having conversation with Management?? is the Football or that cancelled HBO series Carnivale??:confused::D
Great show. Criminal cancellation!

For a second rounder? Bears have the 39th pick. Idk about that one.

I think that'd be a good trade if the Pats have the cap room to add someone like Sammy Watkins. I like Cooks but see him as a good, not elite speed merchant. Maybe Kenny Britt or Philip Dorsett are able to step in as the defense stretchers with a full camp.

I like Robinson
Watkins I'd rather have Cooks?
Why would the Bears go for Cooks and a pick if they can have Watkins?
How solid is the info we are shopping Cooks.

To bide time until we hear more updates,

To the scheme-heads around here: What system did the Seahawks have Sherman in? Was it all man or a mixture with zone as well?

Then, how well would his skills translate here? From what I understand we run a mix of the two? With Gilmore opposite of him, could we see changes in our philosophy approaching our secondary?

Sorry folks, I'm really bad with terminology and scheme in general, so feel free to pick apart if I'm wrong in my questions.

They ran primarily a zone scheme and Sherman pretty much exclusively played 1 side of the field. He's a real good corner, but those safeties and that defense certainly made life easier for everyone

if im going to spend on a vet, id prefer the one that is perfectly healthy and has experience in this defense

They ran primarily a zone scheme and Sherman pretty much exclusively played 1 side of the field. He's a real good corner, but those safeties and that defense certainly made life easier for everyone

if im going to spend on a vet, id prefer the one that is perfectly healthy and has experience in this defense
He's 3 years younger than Talib and taller I'll go Sherman

Oh man..Gillmore, Sherman, and Rowe.....topped with Chung/McCourty....with Jones/Jones/Bademosi coming on for the Dime........ could be real tough to throw on even without a pass rush....

One can only dream.....

Weren't we saying the same thing about last year's secondary before it got on the field and got clowned eight or nine weeks out of the year including to a journeyman scrub in the SuperBowl?

They bring Sherman aboard and add some pieces up front to go along with either Rivers, Wise, or both contributing in the pass rush, and this is an absolutely dominant defense. Maybe the best the team has had since 2003.

After watching what a scrub did to this defense in the SuperBowl. They are a lot further away than a few players from being a dominant defense. Let's just focus on getting respectable. Being able to stand up to a CBA scrub like Foles.

After watching what a scrub did to this defense in the SuperBowl. They are a lot further away than a few players from being a dominant defense. Let's just focus on getting respectable. Being able to stand up to a CBA scrub like Foles.

They need a young stud at LB and maybe another player upfront.

They need a young stud at LB and maybe another player upfront.
Wise and Rivers coming back should help. So will Hightower. But at this point, I don't have much trust in his ability to stay on the field. Not really counting on him. Hopefully he surprises me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back