PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaq Mason extension: 5 years, up to $50M

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s great.

Love watching Shaq. John Hannah is my favorite all-time Patriot. I like watching the big uglies. Shaq isn't a modern-day Hog. But, he's a treat to watch and we get him for 5 more years. Somewhere on the draft board Manxman is smiling. :)

Awesome. I’m glad to see that he didn’t blow the top off the guard market like Solder did with left tackles. That looks like really good value.

Great value since its only up to 50 mill. He should have a cap charge of around $10 mill a year for the first 3 years which is definitely affordable!

Great value & the Pats OL will be one of the best in the league for a long time.

It’s alot of Ifs, but if Bentley/Rivers/a CB pan out, we could focus on QB/WR in the 2019 draft.

Glad to see he'll be sticking around. Still not perfect in pass blocking but he's made major leaps, and he's always been elite in run blocking.

Given the Patriots MO it probably means the 2018 is the end of the line for Trey Flowers unless he takes a huge discount.

****in love it.

Great news. One problem solved, one less next off season.

I was thinking about this one of these days, how unfortunate Wynn's injury was. I think the plan drafting him and signing Trent Brown was to address Solder's departure on the short and long term but also addressing a possible replacement for Cannon. I think Brown would take the LT job while Wynn's gets acclimated to the NFL and by midseason he could take either the LT job or the RT job when Cannon gets his annual injury.

Too bad he couldn't last a quarter.
Anyway, with this money going to Shaq I think Brown is a one year rental. Needs to draft another tackle high next year.

Glad to see he'll be sticking around. Still not perfect in pass blocking but he's made major leaps, and he's always been elite in run blocking.

Given the Patriots MO it probably means the 2018 is the end of the line for Trey Flowers unless he takes a huge discount.

Maybe, but we do know BB is very high on flowers. We will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft