PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shannon Sharpe says Brady has 2 years left in a Pats uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is (perhaps not so strangely) missing from these debates are factual talking points that truly support your position.

The day after the Super Bowl I watched this same debate on First Take (for the first time in about 1-1/2 years. Hey, I was in Super Bowl euphoria :) ) and no relevant data points about Tom Brady were even brought up much less intelligently discussed. I guess the mantra of these shows is to have an opinion and who cares about the data; that's certainly the way that Deflategate played out in the media.

Father time eventually catches up. I still think it's critical for the offensive line to be strong and brady doesn't take big hits. He was only sacked 15 times this past season. A strong running game helps as well. I am curious to see how much zip brady will have on the ball next season. He didn't seemed to have any problem with that this season.

I think Sharpe makes sense.. I didn't hear it or listen to it but if the basic premise is that the Pats will move on from Brady at the age of 42, its possible.

I know we as Brady lovers and Pats fans want to think Tommy will play until he is 44-45 years old and dominate the league for another 4-6 years. If this happens it will be the first time in history that a player did this.

I personally don't want to see the cliff. I would rather see him hang em up before he has a Peyton Manning season.

Actually once Brady's arm strength declines he wouldn't be able to do that very well either. You need a good arm to play the dink and dunk game. Those darts to the middle of the field and to the sidelines are interceptions or knockdowns if you don't have the proper zip on the ball to get it to the receiver.

This. When Brady throws a rocket to Edelman in a tight window, that is all of his arm strength, (and mechanics). When he can't do that anymore he will lose the most lethal part of his game the talent that has lead him to be the best QB that has ever played.

Bradys line drive passes are some of the most accurate passes in the game and they have a lot of velocity on them. Manning never had this attribute.

When he loses that velocity he will not be effective anymore. He won't be able to sustain drives consistently.

Watch Kirk Cousins play and watch his ball compared to Brady's.. Brady's are so much more accurate and they have more velocity its almost night and day.

Why does a thread have to be started every time somone says something remotely negative about TB or the Pats. As mentioned what he said wasnt that outrageous and this kinda thing has been said 1000x

Also, Sharpe was one of the few people who said that TB was GOAT NFL player, not just QB but greatest NFL player of all time. After he said that and seemed pretty serious about it, I can give a pass for comments like this. And who cares if he thinks TB has 2 more years.

Some of you guys here are like 10 year olds.

Brady can retire tomorrow and he'll still be the GOAT and he'll still be my all time favorite athlete. He has given me enough memories and unforgettable moments to last 2 lifetimes.

Everything from here on out is just relishing in his greatness, whether a year, two or five.
I agree. I don't have a number of years I want Brady to play. Whatever he wants and is able to do is fine with me.

He owes us fans nothing at this point

Why does a thread have to be started every time somone says something remotely negative about TB or the Pats. As mentioned what he said wasnt that outrageous and this kinda thing has been said 1000x

Also, Sharpe was one of the few people who said that TB was GOAT NFL player, not just QB but greatest NFL player of all time. After he said that and seemed pretty serious about it, I can give a pass for comments like this. And who cares if he thinks TB has 2 more years.

I'm with you. I could care less if an NFL player or media person says Tom is almost done. And there's a good chance he won't make 45...

OMG!! I said it! And if it bothers anyone, GOOD! :D

Yeah its scripted for him when he gets in meeting each day. Somebody reads it for him, too bad someone can't say it for him so we can understand him but then again it would be even better if he just would SHUT UP!

Denial. Some probably can't come to grips with the fact that Brady has far more years in the rear view than he does out the windshield. At least that's what I think.

That isn't even the most hilarious take from FOX Sports mediots today.. Was just going through the channels right now and stumbled on them saying how Romo going to the AFC would be a nightmare for Brady and Belichick.

[URL='http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/shannon-sharp-tom-brady-decline-jimmy-garoppolo-patriots-022117' said:
Shannon Sharpe: Tom Brady's decline will be sharp and sudden | FOX Sports[/URL]

Well at least for predictions like this...these guys can brag that they'll be right eventually

Exactly. Brady's decline will be sharp and sudden but it most likely will be when he is 47. I also think he will retire before than (46!).

That isn't even the most hilarious take from FOX Sports mediots today.. Was just going through the channels right now and stumbled on them saying how Romo going to the AFC would be a nightmare for Brady and Belichick.

That is pretty funny seeing as Romo most likely won't make it past week 5 before he is on IR or sitting out 6 games due to an injury. But even if that doesn't happen Romo is not a threat unless he plays for Denver and stays healthy. He would then be considered a threat.

I can't get too upset by saying a 40 year old professional football player has only a couple more years. My fear is not that age catches up with him but that a single injury will sometime. Every player takes that risk every game and practice If manning did not hurt his neck he would still be playing.

The great thing about a hot take like this for Sharpe is he gets a lot of attention now for it, but in three years from now if he is wrong, no one will remember he said it.
Shannon who?
illustration_of_a_donkey_ass_mule_or_horse_mascot_cg1p27487531c_th.jpg

I don't understand why this is thread worthy? Mediot bloviators who have no contact with players, coaches, front office ....offer nothing of substance...yet time and again, their views get framed as news. I click on ESPNBoston once a week on Sundays to read Reiss and have to navigate past the opinion filler jammed onto that page....all worthless filler....and now such worthless filler finds its way on this board.
Stephen A, Bayless, Horsehead....who cares......its meaningless.

%$#@#@*&%^$#!
- Buckwheat

Sharpe reminds me of the flying elvis: a miserable, ugly, stupid, worthless relic from the loser 90's, which was somehow not expunged at the dawn of the 21st century.

Now, it wanders in our midst undead, presiding over fake cheating scandals and not one but two Super Bowl losses to the hated Giants, blocking the history of 33 years of an original AFL franchise from fans' vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes