PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shanahan on zone read

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer was partly already given to you here …

Also youre looking at things from a casual/simple pov with all due respect. Yes there are times when a player can make an impact by burying the QB (like 54 vs KC this year against Smith/Hunt I believe but overall again its a very simple way of looking at things. The big thing that KS was trying to get across was with the right personnel you run anything.

And variations go back even further when you consider where/who he learned it from and eventually adapted to his preferences. If you just started watching football 2-3 years ago I could see this line of thinking but its 2018.
I've been watching football for a long time and the earliest team I saw running the zone read on a regular basis was the 9ers with Harbaugh with Alex Smith but more when Kap took over at QB. Before that was the Wildcat (2008) which is rarely used today. With that being said, I think teams will be looking at the Eagles film this offseason and see how they can sprinkle in some RPO as it worked well against the Vikings and Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots