PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Setting Stidham up for Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much as the 43 year old QB will likely
show his age this season, if there is one. I think any MVP talk will die out for good after week 3. I mean the guy did have an 88 passer rating last year, 79 against good teams...
Have you already forgotten the "weapons" to whom he was forced to throw the ball? The Worst WRs AND TEs in the ENTIRE League in 2019...
...threw a game losing pick 6 in the playoff loss and yes it was on him...
That "game-losing" pick-6 meant nothing; the game was already lost when that happened... Edelman's drop during the previous drive was the Real game-loser of the 4th quarter...
The pick-6 vs Miami was a season-loser however...don't think they would've won the AFCC anyway, but it still would've been nice to go to another one...
As for Edelman unlike the previous QB Stid has no binkies. Edelman will not be worn down by so much attention coming his way. His best days too are behind him but I expect he will be productive.
Once Stid realizes that Edelman is the Only WR on whom he can consistently depend, he'll be giving him plenty of attention...

“No one really knows what the Patriots offense will look like this coming season with Jarrett Stidham at quarterback, but how the Rams have done things the last several years could be a good clue. Why is that? As Andy Hart noted Friday, Jedd Fisch joined the Patriots staff this offseason and is said to be heavily involved in the offense this offseason. Fisch spent the last two seasons with the Rams on Sean McVay’s staff as a senior offensive assistant/assistant offensive coordinator. In addition, Fisch has a great deal of coaching experience at all levels. Prior to the Rams, Fisch was with UCLA and Michigan, so he brings a wealth of knowledge to New England — perhaps some knowledge that Josh McDaniels doesn’t have. McDaniels has worked with Tom Brady for so many years and done things his way, so having someone like Fisch come in could help add some new concepts to the offense such as roll-outs, RPOs and just more plays designed to get the quarterback on the move. Rams QB Jared Goff isn’t Lamar Jackson by any means, but he at least poses a threat to run. Don’t expect Stidham to be like Jackson or even Russell Wilson, but the Patriots offense will certainly have some new concepts that involve getting the quarterback on the move and Fisch will be a major part of that.”

Sunday 7: Rams offense last few years could be clue to what Patriots will look like with Jarrett Stidham

If by "growing pains" he means double-digit losses this season, then Dante's right about that...

I see that you edited your post, so you had a second opportunity to correct your piss-poor grammar. "Dante's" does not mean "Dante is", dotard. If I wrote "Dante's least favorite Patsfans.com poster is Captain Stone", that would be correct. If you are going to torture us with your ridiculous negativity, at least make your posts grammatically correct.

Better yet, please do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole with your Fleshlight and hand lotion and stay there for a few months.

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome (hired by Bill) credited BB with the title. Bill set up the way the front office was run, the value systems for player evaluation and scouting, as well as the method of spreading the money across the 53 man roster.

The reason that Ozzie Newsome drafted Johnathan Ogden in 1996 was because BB was going to draft him in Cleveland before he was fired. Also Belichick spent many hours with Ray Lewis before the draft. The Ravens drafted Lewis in the second round before the Pats picked. Pats ended up picking Milloy and then in the third round the Pats picked Tedy Bruschi.

Newsome credits BB for a lot of his success, as he should.

I can see the BB/Ray Lewis interview...

"I like what I'm hearing Ray... there's one more step, I have to hear from my precog Ernie Adams... uh-ohhhhh... red ball..."
(I couldn't find the clip)

Agree and it's not my m.o. But what they were posting was so ridiculously ludicrous...
The alternative was for me to go into a lengthy dissertation on the subject to try and enlighten those who probably can't be enlightened. I just don't have the time or energy to engage in long debates especially with very biased people. There's plenty of room for all kinds of opinions but they need to have some connection to reality.

Also couldn't find Col. Jessup isolated saying "I have neither the time nor the inclination" but this post made me think of it :D

COMPARING THE NUMBERS: Statistically speaking, what does Jarrett Stidham have to do to be considered successful in his first year as the Patriots starter

"Brady’s 2001 season is an interesting case study. He didn’t pass for 3,000 yards (2,843), or throw for 20 touchdowns (18) or have a quarterback rating over 90 (86.5). But he did win a Super Bowl. Brees also had a mediocre second NFL season. He threw for 3,284 yards to go with 17 touchdowns and 16 interceptions with a 76.9 quarterback rating."
Honestly if Stidham has those numbers it will be a huge disappointment. The NFL today is not the same as 2001. This is a pass happy league with every rule in the book to favor the offense. But I could care less about his stats as long as the team is winning. The stat to watch for is turnovers. The team will be sunk if he has too many of those. We don't have the ability to overcome them.

Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome (hired by Bill) credited BB with the title. Bill set up the way the front office was run, the value systems for player evaluation and scouting, as well as the method of spreading the money across the 53 man roster.

The reason that Ozzie Newsome drafted Johnathan Ogden in 1996 was because BB was going to draft him in Cleveland before he was fired. Also Belichick spent many hours with Ray Lewis before the draft. The Ravens drafted Lewis in the second round before the Pats picked. Pats ended up picking Milloy and then in the third round the Pats picked Tedy Bruschi.

Newsome credits BB for a lot of his success, as he should.
Screenshot_2020-06-28-15-25-29.png

Easiest way to set him up for success was to pay Cam Newton to do his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill