PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seriously, **** Urban Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, gotta have this guy now. Our arrogance levels will be off the charts.

Same, savage is not suppose to be a good thing. I'm one "HAHAHA SAVAGE WITH NO CHILL THATS SO ME I"M DED" away from going Bill O'Reilly freakout mode.

e3008fc09db4ecaa1feec2612a67d20b537084f10f7d6dfd22b15c7a418a40d3_1.gif

Critical information? I hope you laugh when you write such silliness.
Lets talk about the only type of critical information that matters……production. On this message board, the near universal opinion here is that when Easley played, he was the team's most disruptive DT. The guy that hates football expends the kind of energy to be the teams most disruptive DT……..Kick 'em off the team right now…LMFAO.
That is what I deem critical….not if he waved pom poms or if he sulked because he has spent literally years rehabbing blown out knees and now hips. Again, the guy has failed to finish 4 out of his last 6 football seasons healthy….but if the pom pom thing is what you really believe gets BB's goat, then tell me if Albert Haynesworth brought his pom poms with him on his way to Gillette.
Perhaps you missed the part where I explicitly stated that his injury history was a significant risk when he was drafted. If the Pats were going to cut him just because of his injuries, they likely would instead of putting him on IR in 2015. It is clear that his attitude was the biggest reason he got cut. And for the record, the key to Easley's disruption is how fast he gets off the snap, not some crazy motor.

Loving football isn't simply about talent expressed on the field. It's about doing the work at practice, the film study and the difficult painful work to rehab from injury. If he truly loved football he wouldn't be blowing off rehab appointments and failing to disclose non-football related injuries.

If your argument was sound, you wouldn't have to whip out unrelated Haynesworth references and hurl pompom comments. Have you ever considered posting something positive about the Pats on this Pats board, or do you really consider the Pats as putrid as your constant, often inaccurate criticisms suggest?

Last edited:
Unless she's a lifelong Cowboys fan ;)

That's a bonus. Come playoff time, no need to worry about competing interests, and you'll never have a fight over the two teams meeting in the Super Bowl ;)

This guy is awesome! I love it! Draft the beast! :D

Just based on his social media, I do like Cardale. He seems funny, sarcastic, and smart.

I would never want him QBing my team, though.

I don't know how anyone can absolve Urban Meyer completely of any wrongdoing. The stories of Hernandez abound in Gainesville. Everyone knew what the kid was up to and Meyer went to great lengths to keep a lot of that **** under wraps because the Gators were winning and Hernandez was a key component, especially with Harvin missing time often. He knew about Spikes. He knew about it all. That's why he promptly exited stage left when the crew was being drafted/graduated, citing health conditions . . . only to re-emerge with Ohio State. I don't give a **** how much of a dream job that was for him, nobody can argue how odd that looked.

Whatever. The question was not whether or not those kids were talented. That was on full display every Saturday and produced two Titles. They almost went undefeated during one of the championship runs, in fact! BB was going to covet a few of them. The question is about whether or not he may have been mislead by a voice he trusted about the character issues. The answer to that question is emphatically YES, and I will gladly disagree with anyone who disagrees with me. LOL

How anyone can defend Urban or UF in general is beyond me. He is a scumbag that recruits scumbags and looks the other way when they act like scumbags.

Unless it is day 3 fliers, i.e.: fs Powell, bb needs to stay away from urban coached players.

Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football

Unless it is day 3 fliers, i.e.: fs Powell, bb needs to stay away from urban coached players.

Okay....so you wouldn't be more than happy to take someone like Zeke Elliot, Darron Lee, Joshua Perry? Eli Apple? Joey Bosa? Taylor Decker? Nick Vannett? All 4-5 star recruits who have proven to keep their noses clean and excel both in the classroom and on the football field?

That's silly. Actually, it may be borderline absurd. While no one can predict how their futures will go, there's some decent talent right there.

Some people here (not necessarily you) are trying to act as if Belichick is just throwing darts at the wall with Urban Meyer coached players. I'd have to imagine that he's doing the same due diligence that he always does, no matter who the coach is.

Urban Meyer is the best coach in college football

He's up there, that's for sure. I'm not sure that I'd consider him the hands down "best," particularly with Nick Saban around, but Meyer is a fine coach who is very fiery and passionate about his players. He and his wife attempted to take Aaron Hernandez under their wings, often bringing him home for dinner, etc.

Sometimes, fate is fate. We all knew Hernandez's character concerns, but Belichick felt that he was good enough for a 4th round flyer and that's understandable. Spikes was a pain in the ass but gave us decent value on a cheap, rookie pact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back