Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade for Trey Lance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't trade a bag of balls for Sam Darnold, so I sure as hell ain't interested in the guy who is behind Darnold on the depth chart.

He probably wouldn't even make the final 53 on this team.

My friend is a 49ers fan and badly wants them to cut their loses and trade Trey Lance.

Incredible that three 1st round picks gets you a bust. Whereas the last pick in the draft gets you a franchise QB.
Draft really is a crapshoot at times.
It's amusing that a #2 overall pick and a #3 overall pick are backing up a literal Mr. Irrelevant.

Conditional 6th for 7th swap, sure. Anything above that, no.

I pretty much think that Lance has the same chance at making it as Cunningham as a starting QB at this point. Slim but not totally impossible.

It's amusing that a #2 overall pick and a #3 overall pick are backing up a literal Mr. Irrelevant.

Conditional 6th for 7th swap, sure. Anything above that, no.

I pretty much think that Lance has the same chance at making it as Cunningham as a starting QB at this point. Slim but not totally impossible.
Lance has a huge size advantage over Malik (6'4" 224lbs vs 6' 192lbs) but that's it. Malik can't be a worse passer than Lance and is a much more elusive runner. And my guess is that Malik is a baller and Lance isn't.

Lance refused to run a 40 at his pro day, claiming it was an obsolete metric. Not cool. Estimates are that he's somewhere in the 4.5's.

Last edited:
biggest bust on turf?
he won the job last season and broke his ankle.
he has played 5 games. shouldn't he play some before saying he is a bust?
Both he and Zach Wilson are busts given their draft positions. Neither was drafted as a project.

That said, QB's in the NFL can be late bloomers, and both will likely stick around as backup projects because their athletic potential is so high.

It's possible that they both will eventually figure out how to play QB in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet much on it.

Mike Myers No GIF

SF completely bungled that draft, but made up for it with Purdy in the 7th round a year later. Purdy is no flash in the pan and has saved more than 1 job in the SF hierarchy. If he stays healthy he can move that offense - very quick feet, high IQ, good enough arm.

The real problem is the way that infamous trade benefitted Miami, who ended up with Waddle & Tyreek using the assets they got from SF.
Yeah, but with their oline and a QB one hit away from retirement, Miami might not benefit as much as they hoped.

It’s not Lance’s fault he was drafted so high, that was completely out of his control.

That being said, he was a division two project who needed a ton of development entering a league less and less tolerant of players who can’t contribute immediately.

Look at the Colts, Anthony Richardson should really sit for a season at least…. they’ve already named him starter.

Even Steve air McNair took time to develop. He sat for two years before being named the starter.

I’d love to bring Lance on to the practice squad. No team except a desperate one would trade for him and a bad desperate team will only hurt his development.

Teams will have a hard enough time cutting down to 53 players, nobody wants to take on a developmental QB now. If he gets cut, pick him up and stash him, otherwise leave it alone.

It's amazing how San Fran has been able to stay afloat during this whole debacle.

He is third string behind Sam Freakin Darnold as a third year player. Why trade for him. Shanahan's system is built to make any QB look good. Well, every QB not named Trey Lance.

I think it may be official that Lance is the worst draft pick in NFL history. Miami got Hill, Waddle, and Chubb while San Fran got a third string QB. If the 49ers weren't so good, everyone would be fired for this one move. The dumbest in a long, long time.

biggest bust on turf?
he won the job last season and broke his ankle.
he has played 5 games. shouldn't he play some before saying he is a bust?
I agree. I am not seeing he is a bust but general public opinion is that he is a bust . Nobody is providing him the leeway because of injuries because availability counts . No sympathies for injuries , it's ruthless in NFL.

I am just saying that majority public opinion is that lance is a bust because of the expended draft capital .

So there is this albatross hanging around his neck. Unless he gets a chance to prove , he might end up being put on comparison and historically referenced along with Tebow, manziel or jamarcus Russell.

If your life depended on it, you might try to do that . But Lance was an accidental first round QB propped up with so high expectations because of the trade capital that it becomes extremely challenging to recover. He might need to be a backup I a team like titans or Vikings or rams and take over in couple of years if he finds his athleticism or game back.
Is Lance the Roberto Aguayo of QBs?

I will say that I voted no. At this point, all he has is potential. To put it in perspective, Zappe has thrown almost as many passes (92) as Lance has (102).
And done better at it.

Bag of balls.....and a swap of 7th rounders :p

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes