OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade for Trey Lance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will say that I voted no. At this point, all he has is potential. To put it in perspective, Zappe has thrown almost as many passes (92) as Lance has (102).

I would take Lance over Zappe to be honest. His ceiling is much higher. But Bill will never trade for him just because of the money.

I would take Lance over Zappe to be honest. His ceiling is much higher. But Bill will never trade for him just because of the money.
Ceiling what ceiling?? The guy hasn't shown jack squat in the NFL. I prefer batted down passes Zappe.

Im guessing the Vikings get him for a third that can turn to a conditional second.
If Shanny can’t develop him what makes us think we can?

Hahaha trey Lance had been nothing but terrible.

Can he block the pass rusher?

Yet another amazing running qb who set the league on fire. Waiting for the draft experts on the board to all chime in and admit they were wrong. Never gonna happen of course.

I follow the draft. I claimed then Lance was a 3rd Rd development project. I was laughed at and ridiculed by most.
At this point I wouldn't trade anything for him.
Keep Cunningham and develop him.

I think SF would be foolish to trade him. QB's in Shanny's offense get hurt. we see it year after year. teams can dress 3 QB's now. Lance still has the arm, athleticism and has been in the system a couple of seasons now. he has played in the league, and is 2-2 with 5 TD's. he has injured often.
that does not mean he cannot play.
Darnold has shown time and again, that he withers. longer term, who is the better option. imo, remains to be seen. Lance has tremendous upside. SF should try to find it.

He has $5.3M fully guaranteed next season. Not a big deal if he does still have believers out there, but enough that we’re not talking about some no-risk flier. I say offer him a practice squad spot if he gets cut and clears waivers.

Was tempted to choose no, but Ray always entices me in the end.

Lance is QB3 on - arguably - a team that doesn’t have a QB1. I’m not convinced Mr Irrelevant will have continued success. But, I am indeed convinced their QB2 is a major bust. And Lance can’t beat that guy ? Ouch.

No.

hasn't done anything to warrant giving up a pick or player to get him... If his trajectory keeps following its current arc, he will be cut loose from SF on cut down day unless they keep 3 qbs... Which they might do because the niners can't seem to keep their qbs healthy

You only trade for Lance if you think he has a better long term outlook than Zappe, AND you think this Patriots team is so boned this year that there's no reason to have a capable backup who knows the offense in 2023. I am 50/50 at best on the former, and I don't believe the latter, so I voted no.

Lance is walking a tightrope over bust canyon.

It's clear SF convinced themselves Lance was the "next Mahomes". Thing is Mahomes had a decent career at Texas Tech i.e. 93 TDs in 3 seasons. There was almost nothing to suggest Lance was anything other than a mid-round developmental kid. Sam Hartman is a better NFL QB - I'd have liked him as backup to Mac.

He played at a low level in college, hardly played his last year and in the game he did looked mediocre. He looked amazing the year before against kids who will never ever ever sniff a game in the NFL. But boy those 40 times were spectacular.

But he is a DUAL THREAT!!!!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back