PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Semi-OT: Tank Gate

Putting forth an intentionally crappy roster so draft position is improved is one thing.

Owners providing financial motivation for coaches off the books to make decisions so the likelihood of losing a game(s) is dramatically increased is a criminal offense.

That is the very definition of point shaving.
It would surprise me, but explain a lot to discover Berry kept starting Eason to deliberately lose.

Ooooph. I missed that one earlier, but I have to say that if I adopted this belief about the league, I could see my interest declining over time to the point I walk away...like I did with baseball during the steroid era.

I have to adopt a temporary state of denial to enjoy most sports these days.

I mean, this guy isn't wrong:

What size do you wear?

sexy exercise GIF

What if Vegas got the heads up on this stuff and they cleaned up making hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Was Harbuagh being paid off this past season when he kept going for 2 points?
I think hundreds of millions is more accurate.

Then you have owners (who make the rules of the game) investing heavily in sports gambling. I'm sure we can trust the BBC with that conflict. ;)

If more likely that not knowing balls were deflated gets you a 4 game suspension and the loss of a 1st and 4th round draft picks what does bribing your coach to lose game cost you?

View attachment 40769

Because Goodell is the commish and he's the owners lacky. There's no way they'll ever admit an owner did this. And Bob instead of screaming at the top of his lungs for payback will just sit there not wanting to piss off any of the other 31 just like he's done before.

View attachment 40770
Sad but true.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes