PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau Expected to Re-Sign With Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can say that about any nfl team you cant build a roster 9 deep, not with the salary capyou need cheap youth in the mix

Cheap youth is great when it has some sort of talent.

What we have on the bench is pure garbage.

Cheap youth is great when it has some sort of talent.

What we have on the bench is pure garbage.

Why don't you wait for the season to start to decide that?

Why don't you wait for the season to start to decide that?

No need....

Alexander..already seen that crap
Woods...Camp fodder
Mays...Special teamer only

Oh and oh boy.....Couple of late round scrubs....Yeah they will replace Bruschi.:rolleyes:

No need....

Alexander..already seen that crap
Woods...Camp fodder
Mays...Special teamer only

Oh and oh boy.....Couple of late round scrubs....Yeah they will replace Bruschi.:rolleyes:

Well, thanks for showing everyone that your talent evaluation is as good as you claim the back-up linebackers are.

Woods is better than camp fodder and is a better player than Mays. Alexander is a damn good special teamer and could be the next Larry Izzo. Mays isn't that great, in all honesty. In fact, I see him on his way out.

As for the late round "scrubs" as you call them. Adalius Thomas used to be one of those late round "scrubs". So did Tom Brady.

2007-2008
OLB: Colvin, Thomas, Green, an inexperienced Woods
ILB: Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, Alexander

* I think we're going to see some of Vrabel and Thomas playing both inside and out. Maybe switching just before the snap if it appears teams are focusing on Thomas pass rushing. Maybe they'd do it anyway.

On NFLN they just said Junior has signed a 1 year contract pending his physical next week. Bill called him personally last week to tell him we wanted/needed him back for 2007.

Bill called him personally last week to tell him we wanted/needed him back for 2007.

* And when Bill calls people listen.

It's funny you kontradicted yourself in that post.

Indeed I did. One too many bowls blazed last night, I guess.

The only thing that you both seem to agree on is that Bruschi is not what he was. I am uncertain of that.

I agree that the Bruscii or 2006 was not the Bruschi of 2004. Bruscii in 2006 didn't play his usual position of WILB. Instead he shifted to accommodate the late arrival of Seau and went to SILB; a new position for him.
Strike One.

Then he broke his wrist. They put on a big club of a cast and let him play. Strike Two.

Consider Bruschii's game. What is his forte`? Great instincts and...Rushing the passer and short zone pass defense. What did he do to benefit his pass rush? He used his hands to counter bigger players by pushing or pulling them off balance with his grip to get them off balance;, and then beat them by using their strength against them. like Japanese JUDO. That was the essence of both his pass rush and his run defense. He didn't take on Guards strength against strength. He slipped their blocks. Oh don't forget his instincts to go where the play will eventually go, too.

Now add a club for a wrist cast and make him play one handed. Result?

No slipping of run blocks by the Guards.
No slipping by on the Pass rush.
No hands for the short zone Pass INT.

So yes the Bruschii of 2006 was not the Bruschii of 2004. But the healthy, two handed Bruschii of 2007 will be better than the Bruschii of 2006. Will he be as good as the Bruschi of 2004? I don't know, but I'll bet he will be closer than to 2004 than 2006 version. And the Pats didn't need much more... like one minute better.

What the pessimists seem to lack in their argument is that our team hasn't finished making all our moves yet. The season is months away. Are we set for a superbowl run now under all circumstances...probably not, but It seems clear to me we will field a much better team in 2007 then any team of our dynasty. What happens no one can foretell. I for one expect our best results ever.

As of now, we likely have the best quality team of our dynasty. Depending on injuries and additions, we are also likely to have the best when we start the season.

What the pessimists seem to lack in their argument is that our team hasn't finished making all our moves yet. The season is months away. Are we set for a superbowl run now under all circumstances...probably not, but It seems clear to me we will field a much better team in 2007 then any team of our dynasty. What happens no one can foretell. I for one expect our best results ever.

Another factor to consider is that a strong offense can make the opposing offense 1 dimensional. If we are leading by 21 points and the clock is waning teams are forced to pass potentially making defense that much stronger.
Indy has gotten by with sub excellent defenses because they forced teams to pass instead of play to thier natural strengths. I say this will work to our advantage this year.

Alexander is a damn good special teamer and could be the next Larry Izzo.
As for the late round "scrubs" as you call them. Adalius Thomas used to be one of those late round "scrubs". So did Tom Brady.

Ohh boy as good as Larry Izzo.:rolleyes: Great have you seen Izzo play ILB???? Its not a pretty site.

Please name me one late round LB not named TBC that the Pats have drafted that has made an impact on this team.....

I will answer that for you.......None.

Yes teams get lucky once in a while and get a Tom Brady or a Adalius Thomas but they dont come around too often and counting on an undrafted FA or a 7th round scrub as a legitimate back up is not only dangerous its foolish. Especially considering our lack of decent depth at LB cost us a Superbowl last year.

The only thing that you both seem to agree on is that Bruschi is not what he was. I am uncertain of that.

I agree that the Bruscii or 2006 was not the Bruschi of 2004. Bruscii in 2006 didn't play his usual position of WILB. Instead he shifted to accommodate the late arrival of Seau and went to SILB; a new position for him.

Strike One.

This is False. Seau played the SILB position. Bruschi shifted to the SILB position when Seau went down and the team moved Vrabel inside to the WILB position.

Then he broke his wrist. They put on a big club of a cast and let him play. Strike Two.

Consider Bruschii's game. What is his forte`? Great instincts and...Rushing the passer and short zone pass defense. What did he do to benefit his pass rush? He used his hands to counter bigger players by pushing or pulling them off balance with his grip to get them off balance;, and then beat them by using their strength against them. like Japanese JUDO. That was the essence of both his pass rush and his run defense. He didn't take on Guards strength against strength. He slipped their blocks. Oh don't forget his instincts to go where the play will eventually go, too.

Now add a club for a wrist cast and make him play one handed. Result?

No slipping of run blocks by the Guards.
No slipping by on the Pass rush.
No hands for the short zone Pass INT.

So yes the Bruschii of 2006 was not the Bruschii of 2004. But the healthy, two handed Bruschii of 2007 will be better than the Bruschii of 2006. Will he be as good as the Bruschi of 2004? I don't know, but I'll bet he will be closer than to 2004 than 2006 version. And the Pats didn't need much more... like one minute better.

I agree that the cast on Bruschi's arm didn't help matters. The bigger issue was having to play out of position at the SILB position. With Seau back, hopefully Bruschi will be at the WILB position a lot more.

Ohh boy as good as Larry Izzo. Great have you seen Izzo play ILB???? Its not a pretty site.

Did I say otherwise? NOPE. But you seem to not understand that izzo is still a very IMPORTANT part of this team and this LB corps.

Please name me one late round LB not named TBC that the Pats have drafted that has made an impact on this team.....

I will answer that for you.......None.

Marty Moore. Mr. Irrelevant. Was a very good special teamer while here and went to Cleveland, I believe and became a starter for a year or so.

As I said, there are late round players who can and DO make an impact. Just because the Pats haven't had a LB do so recently doesn't mean it can't be done. Being ignroant and making a statement the way you did when there are two GLARING examples of a late round player making an impact on this team shows that you have an agenda and a clear bias.

Yes teams get lucky once in a while and get a Tom Brady or a Adalius Thomas but they dont come around too often and counting on an undrafted FA or a 7th round scrub as a legitimate back up is not only dangerous its foolish. Especially considering our lack of decent depth at LB cost us a Superbowl last year.

Lack of depth at LB wasn't the ONLY thing that cost the Pats a SB. Lack of depth in the running game also did. How else do you explain having to rely on Heath Evans to be the PRIMARY back for more than a quarter in the biggest game of the year and not being able to sustain a drive.

What is foolish is making dumbarse statements that an undrafted free agent or late round player can't make an impact. As articles have shown recently, in each of the last few years, a UDFA has made the Pats and has an impact. Randall Gay in 2004. Mike Wright in 2005. Pierre Woods in 2006. All you have to do is look at how the Pats have been able to develop late round players. Guys like Dan Koppen, Russ Hochstein, Tom Ashworth, Brandon Gorin, Troy Brown, Willie Andrews, Patrick Pass, David Givens, Stephen Neal, David Patten. All guys who were late rounders, udfa, or street free agents who had an impact on the Pats.

very IMPORTANT part of this team and this LB corps..

Important to the team as far as Special Teams but he is a putrid LB.

Marty Moore.

I was more thinking along the lines of when BB was the head coach.:rolleyes:

shows that you have an agenda and a clear bias.

Yes, the agenda is to point out that signing a 37 year old and drafting some projects does nothing to address our weakness at LB.

Lack of depth at LB wasn't the ONLY thing.

No, I am sure lack of depth at RB could have helped with giving up 31 points in the second half of that game.

What is foolish is making dumbarse statements.

Insults, what a surprise. Internet tough guy.

Bruins fan what a surprise.

Important to the team as far as Special Teams but he is a putrid LB.

Yes, so putrid he's on the Goal line team.

I was more thinking along the lines of when BB was the head coach.:rolleyes:

What you were "thinking" and what you stated are two different things.

Yes, the agenda is to point out that signing a 37 year old and drafting some projects does nothing to address our weakness at LB.

Sorry, but it DOES do something. It addresses the NOW. And the projects, like Woods, Lua, Rogers and Bissinger get time in the system and can develop into the FUTURE.

No, I am sure lack of depth at RB could have helped with giving up 31 points in the second half of that game.

You clearly did NOT watch the 2nd half of the game. The Pats wouldn't have given up 32 points in the 2nd half had the running game still been there. It wasn't. And because it wasn't, the Pats couldn't sustain any drives. And because they couldn't sustain any drives, they found it very hard to put points on the board and run time off the clock. Because they couldn't run time off the clock, it gave the Colts quick strike offense the chance to point more points on the board.

In fact, if the Pats had run the ball in the 4th quarter after Graham's 25 yard reception instead of passing on the next three plays, the Pats would have either run over 1:30 off the clock or forced the Colts to use their time outs. In either case, the Colts would have gotten the ball back with less than 3 minutes on the clock and it would have given the defense some much needed rest. Instead, the Pats killed less than a minute and didn't cost the Colts any of their time outs.

You really do need to learn that its a TEAM game and how ONE aspect affects ANOTHER aspect.

Insults, what a surprise. Internet tough guy.

There was no insult there. I was pointing out reality. Amazing that instead of following the points given, you make up garbage that isn't there. That is typical of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

BTW, an internet tough guy is one who makes THREATS of Physical violence. I would call your statements dumbarse and foolish if you were right in front of me. Because that is what I believe them to be.

Last edited:

:eek:

I never put 2 and 2 toggether. As DaBruinz lived in Orange County until last year I assumed DaBruinz meant he was a UCLA Bruins fan. Sigh.

:D

:eek:

I never put 2 and 2 toggether. As DaBruinz lived in Orange County until last year I assumed DaBruinz meant he was a UCLA Bruins fan. Sigh.

:D

Lived in New England from 1977 through 2001 except for 2 years in Germany. I was a huge Bruins fan until the players turned their back on the fans. Started following Red Sox 1st, but then the Pats and Bruins in 1982.

Sorry, but it DOES do something. It addresses the NOW.

Yes, until he gets on the field and gets hurt again(as he has done for the last 3 years)....Then what does it do?

And the projects, like Woods, Lua, Rogers and Bissinger get time in the system and can develop into the FUTURE.

Develop into what??? Scrubs like Alexander who got torched in the Championship game?

You clearly did NOT watch the 2nd half of the game.

No I didnt. :rolleyes:

I didnt see the defense getting torched by Indy's offense because noone could cover a TE to save their lives.

You really do need to learn that its a TEAM game and how ONE aspect affects ANOTHER aspect.

I think I got that when I was playing midget ball and continued it all the way through High School. I think I understand the aspect of how a running game can certainly have an effect on the defense but you know what

WE ADDRESSED THE OFFENSE WITH & WR'S AND SOME RB"s

We did nothing for the biggest hole on the team except sign a 37 year old and draft some projects.:rolleyes:

That is typical of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Yes because you know it all...:rolleyes: What team do you work for. Arrogance on this board is amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back