PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau Expected to Re-Sign With Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the website which first broke the Seau to Pats news last year.

Excellent.

Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas = STACKED.

(Doesn't it remind you of Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, McGinest, Johnson, Phifer of 2003-4? Check out my signature for more details. :D)

gotta love it :)

yeah i expected Seau back since we didnt draft anyone. we need the TJ role.

This is very welcome news to me....

ALWAYS a spot for quality depth, especialy at a position where we need it!

I wonder if Vinny T returns as well (seeing as his nameplate also remains on his locker)?

Magnificent news, hope it's true.

This is heresy, but after Seau's impressive performance last year there's something in the back of my mind wondering if Seau might nudge out Bruschi for a spot among the top 4 LBs. In any case, a rotation would be fantastic.

very good news
lets hope he can play as good as he did last yr

Happy to hear it -- a Hall of Fame vet who will help set the tone for any new guys with big egos.

This was the website which first broke the Seau to Pats news last year.

Excellent.

Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas = STACKED.

(Doesn't it remind you of Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, McGinest, Johnson, Phifer of 2003-4? Check out my signature for more details. :D)

one more and it would remind me
hopefully pierre woods, or mays, or alexander can be that good sixth lber

one more and it would remind me
hopefully pierre woods, or mays, or alexander can be that good sixth lber

Considering Colvin's injury back then and the fact that Thomas is probably better than McGinest, I'd say they're even.

Magnificent news, hope it's true.

This is heresy, but after Seau's impressive performance last year there's something in the back of my mind wondering if Seau might nudge out Bruschi for a spot among the top 4 LBs. In any case, a rotation would be fantastic.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by a rotation of Seau, Bruschi and Vrabel inside with Colvin and Thomas more consistently outside (spelled by Woods, the big surprise of 2006. ;) )

Great news regardless.

Awesome news! Seau was terrific last year and huge part of our run stuffing success. I just hope the guy doesnt get injured badly again. Thats a big question mark but I think he can do what he did last year and our run D will be great again.

(spelled by Woods, the big surprise of 2006. ;) )

I had the opportunity to watch Woods at practice last year. It would be no big surprise to see him get some time this year, but I was thinking inside....

that's great news. he played excellent last year. you can never have enough good veteran lb

i remember when people laughed at us for signing Seau..they said he was too old..hes done.

then last year he was the most consistent and was a fiery and energized guy on the field. it was great. certainly not the old Seau but the Seau we had was still a tremendous run stopper. i liked him but im still dissapointmented that BB saw no star LB who can dominate in the 3-4 in later years

And people thought I was kidding when I said 2 weeks ago that Seau was talking about continuing playings....

Gotta love having family in San Diego...
Who thought you were kidding ? Seau said at the end of last year he wanted to play this year but didn't know what team it would be with.

Great news!! I think all along BB had an idea he would be back...I think Seau wanted to spend some time on the surf and relaxing before he was signed up...now he's ready tp go for that ring!! Yes, I think this will be a solid year for the linebackers...and the 3 may either step up and be in ready positions or be challenged slowly from the new crop of talent. Bruschi may not play as much...but that is OK..be able to rotate to strnegth is more important than who starts...and it makes the psosibility of Thomas being used to really make maych ups difficult.

this is excellent, excellent news

I LOVE Seau coming back. When this happened last off-season, most people discounted it as a minor move, some even called it "desperate." Then Seau came in and did a VERY solid, creditable job. His injury, as much as anyone's, contributed to our loss in Indy. Glad to hear he'll be back in the fold for one more go. AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back