PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

season ticket waiting list

bruin086

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm interested in signing up for the patriots season ticket waiting list. Question - how long typically does it take to get season tickets. Will I be waiting 5-10 years?

also, how does the season ticket face value price compare to prices on the secondary markets? is it much cheaper?

I've got 4 boys, young now, but as they grow older I'd love to take them each to 1 game a season and secondary market tickets are just so expensive

They are currently seating people that signed up in 2003 and have been for the last 3 years.

Seats are sold at face value, the secondary maket fluctuates wildy for games based on demand and timing, but for the most part its above face value.

Plenty of seats available soon. Pats stink. 5-12 will do that.

Plenty of seats available soon. Pats stink. 5-12 will do that.
You're probably not wrong, but I thought the same thing after Brady retired, and after the pandemic season, and renewals were apparently even higher than previous years.

I think the only way the renewals go down is if the secondary market sours. Right now, people may never go to a game, and just sell all their tickets for a profit. There is no reason to ever give them up.

I have been on since 2016. I am hoping now that we suck I may get them sooner than I would have otherwise.

I think the STH waiting list is going to get much smaller in the coming years. We are literally coming off the greatest dynasty in NFL history. It is tough to maintain excitement for .500 (if we're lucky) ball.

You're probably not wrong, but I thought the same thing after Brady retired, and after the pandemic season, and renewals were apparently even higher than previous years.

I think the only way the renewals go down is if the secondary market sours. Right now, people may never go to a game, and just sell all their tickets for a profit. There is no reason to ever give them up.

It takes a few bad years to whittle down the list. Look at the Celtics. I was a season ticket holder during the Bird years and the waiting list was insane. I could sell my tickets in a snap for 2 to 4 times face value (which was a lot back then). 5 years after Bird retired, they stunk (15-67). Poof! No waiting list. Tickets were often scalped below face. For some games, you couldn't give away tickets.

It wasn't until they started winning in the early 2000's that they needed a waiting list again.

Yea, it'll take a few years of under 6 wins to get us there (here's hoping that never happens). But there are only 8 teams that don't have a season ticket wait-list right now, which tells me you can be consistently mediocre and still have people in line for seats.

Always empty seats in the upper levels. Some games we cannot make it and have to sell well under face value. Anyone can access ticketmaster ticket exchange these days. Back in the day, you had to be on the waiting list. I don't think that is the case anymore.

So you might not be able to get seats for the Cowboys and Bucs type games, but certainly can get reasonably priced seats for most other games.

Always empty seats in the upper levels. Some games we cannot make it and have to sell well under face value. Anyone can access ticketmaster ticket exchange these days. Back in the day, you had to be on the waiting list. I don't think that is the case anymore.

So you might not be able to get seats for the Cowboys and Bucs type games, but certainly can get reasonably priced seats for most other games.
I have friends with tickets upper level. They've had them for decades and go pretty much every week. They haven't gone to upper levels in years they just watch from standing room areas. They finally got to upgrade to 200 levels.

I got on the list in Nov. 99. They were 8-8 that year. 2000 they were 5-11. I think i moved up the list fast those 2 years. For obvious reasons that slowed down after 2001 but I got my first invoice for the 2009 season. The article says they are taking people that signed up in 2003
Now. I'm glad I got in when I did.

Last edited:
Remember the good old days cursing Bledsoe the Head Coach and GM?
I remember that it used to be kind of a relief when the team was eliminated mid September because I could make camping/hiking/MTB plans without feeling bad that I would miss a game. Now that I have responsibilities, I count on the Pats getting me through 'leaf season' listening to the games while cleaning up the yard.

It will take years. Even if the line dramatically decreases, it will still be a long time before they get up to people who are signing up now.

I remember that it used to be kind of a relief when the team was eliminated mid September because I could make camping/hiking/MTB plans without feeling bad that I would miss a game. Now that I have responsibilities, I count on the Pats getting me through 'leaf season' listening to the games while cleaning up the yard.
A riding mower with a bagger makes short work of leaves.

A riding mower with a bagger makes short work of leaves.
LOL, I have a riding mower with a bagger and a backpack blower. No short work with multiple large oaks and a wind tunnel into my yard. Maybe this is the year that I break down for a cyclone rake.

LOL, I have a riding mower with a bagger and a backpack blower. No short work with multiple large oaks and a wind tunnel into my yard. Maybe this is the year that I break down for a cyclone rake.
I have an acre at the top of a hill on a North - South street. The wind gets me either direction.

I dont have any oaks but I have my neighbors oak leaves.

I have had season tickets for 30 years.
Before the NFL Ticketmaster exchange I would think you would get there faster between people dropping their tickets and tickets being taken away for bad behavior.
Now STH can sell tickets for a profit which makes them want to hang on to them longer

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back