PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you not read the rest of my post? PPG is hardly a testament as to how well the defense is playing. if you don't think the raiders have a talented defense (namely their secondary) you can't call yourself an expert on the AFC.

Talk about manipulating data.

The Raiders had a statistically good defense against the pass for one prinicple reason: Teams didn't have to throw against them. Teams ran all day against the Silver and Black - They were first in the league in rushing attempts against. They got manhandled all year long in the trenches.

Great post - I was just perusing the schedules myself. You really do get a sense that the Chargers 14-2 is quite deceiving. The Chiefs got exposed this past weekend, I think it's clear the AFCE is a much stronger division.

I am guessing the Pat's fans are getting home from work around now, and the Charger's fans have all been spanked for staying up past their bedtime.

The mere fact that they won 2 games tells me how good their D is. Not to mention PPG is ALL THAT MATTERS :bricks:

ok, so now you've provided proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. congratulations. PPG is not ALL THAT MATTERS. wins and losses are all the matter. and the raiders' offense is the reason why their defense has given up so many points.

too bad you can't see that..

I love all the Pro Bowl talk. I remember that guy that kept getting snubbed from the ProBowl and all pro teams because he was considered a cheap shot artist. What was his name? He was a safety for the Chargers all that time. Then he left and won two superbowls.

Then there's all the hype how great the Chargers are because they have won so many regular season games and scored so many points. I remember I used to console myself that the 1994 Patriots were at least second best and one stupid kick-off return away from having their own leather bound Sports Illustrated book of their own.

Now that they have done it 3 out of the last five times I have to say you haven't won anything until you win it all.

ok, so now you've provided proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. congratulations. PPG is not ALL THAT MATTERS. wins and losses are all the matter. and the raiders' offense is the reason why their defense has given up so many points.

too bad you can't see that..

if I give up 20ppg and my opponents score 21ppg then I guess it matters huh?

Quit trying to twist the facts to go with your weak argument that the Chargers are the best team in the league :bricks:

Talk about manipulating data.

The Raiders had a statistically good defense against the pass for one prinicple reason: Teams didn't have to throw against them. Teams ran all day against the Silver and Black - They were first in the league in rushing attempts against. They got manhandled all year long in the trenches.

i'll cut you some slack, you obviously haven't seen the raiders play before. sifting through the numbers isn't going to give you an accurate depiction of how they play on the field. you are suggesting that teams will run on them and so they don't have to pass on them. but if you looked at their secondary, you'd see another reason why you'd want to run instead of pass. the raiders might have a better secondary than the patriots...

if I give up 20ppg and my opponents score 21ppg then I guess it matters huh?

Quit trying to twist the facts to go with your weak argument that the Chargers are the best team in the league :bricks:

what an idiot. if you give up 20 ppg and your opponents score 21 ppg? which is it? 20 or 21? quit trying to play with the big boys, you're obviously not intellectually strong enough to step into the ring.

your weak attempt at that argument only futhers MY point. it doesn't matter if you give up 20 or 60. if you WIN, that's all that matters.

so if the patriots give up 3 pts against the chargers and lose 3-0 you'd be happy with your PPG stat? what a genius!

what an idiot. if you give up 20 ppg and your opponents score 21 ppg? which is it? 20 or 21? quit trying to play with the big boys, you're obviously not intellectually strong enough to step into the ring.

your weak attempt at that argument only futhers MY point. it doesn't matter if you give up 20 or 60. if you WIN, that's all that matters.

so if the patriots give up 3 pts against the chargers and lose 3-0 you'd be happy with your PPG stat? what a genius!

Obviosuly the future opponent theory goes WAY over your head so you resort to insults. You are a charger fan so I forgive the lack/subpar of education you get in the Calimexico school systems. :D

Last edited:
i'll cut you some slack, you obviously haven't seen the raiders play before. sifting through the numbers isn't going to give you an accurate depiction of how they play on the field. you are suggesting that teams will run on them and so they don't have to pass on them. but if you looked at their secondary, you'd see another reason why you'd want to run instead of pass. the raiders might have a better secondary than the patriots...

I have NFL Sunday Ticket. Watched them a bit down the stretch. They gave up 20+ points per game the last 6 games - All losses. During that time, allowed well over 100 yards rushing in every game. Hell, they made Ron Dayne look like Jim freakin Brown in a loss to the Texans.

Teams didn't run on the Raiders because they couldn't pass. They ran on them BECAUSE THEY COULD RUN ON THEM.

You know who was almost as good against the pass statisically this year? The COLTS. Why? Becuase they were the worst rushing defense NOT named the Oakland Raiders.

Last edited:
NE is a class act team with the best coach in football, but get real. They destroyed NE at home last time they played, and the bolts are a significantly better team now. While NE is slightly weaker due to injuries and departures. Stats mean nothing. I guess we'll all see on Sunday...

NE is a class act team with the best coach in football, but get real. They destroyed NE at home last time they played, and the bolts are a significantly better team now. While NE is slightly weaker due to injuries and departures. Stats mean nothing. I guess we'll all see on Sunday...

Well that for displaying your ignorance of the Pats up front, when these teams played last year mpre than half the D starters and about half our OL was missing. No way last years team was stronger than this years team.

These Charger fans make the Raider fans look classy, is this a Cali thing?

between the chargers and colts you must say Dolt(s) alot. ha or at least now you do.

Never called the Colts the Dolts because I don't really care about them. I didn't refer to the Chargers as dolts either. Maybe you should head over to dictionary.com and look up the word?

NO... it's not a Cali thing... it's a troll thing. And the majority of us who are truly die-hard, lifelong Charger fans are not here to throw around meaningless stats and show disrespect to a great team.

I was hoping there would actually be some decent discussion going on, but unfortunately it's been lost in the deep BS of some overhyped Bolt fans.

Guess I'll have to wait 'til the madness stops.

Well that for displaying your ignorance of the Pats up front, when these teams played last year mpre than half the D starters and about half our OL was missing. No way last years team was stronger than this years team.

oh yes, you define class yourself..:singing: making personal attacks and insults against people who oppose your own opinion.

oh yes, you define class yourself..:singing: making personal attacks and insults against people who oppose your own opinion.

in the guy's defense you said that last year's pats team was better than this year's

please forgive DaBruinz. he doesn't watch any teams other than the patriots play. he reverts to name calling when presented with an opportunity to support his argument. "giving you respect for being stupid". haha.

chicago has a great front seven, so does baltimore. but the chargers are in the mix for being the best, if not THE best.

Why the f*** are you guys here in the first place? Is it to demonstrate to us that finicky "personality" you guys have in an effort to Californicate the rest of the nation?

One of you dolts complained about there being "homers" here! Imagine - "homers" on a board dedicated to their home team! The very outrage!

You guys have a pretty good team out there, but you haven't done a thing in the post season. Not a thing. All you bring to the table (which you weren't really invited to) is callous bluff and bluster, twisted statistics that feed your twisted fantasies, and an expectation that New England fans anoint this team of interlopers of yours as not merely the new Super Bowl champions, but God's gift to professional football - all without having played the game!

Why, if we didn't know better, we'd suspect all this bluff and bluster is indeed a mask that attempts to hide the real fear you guys must be feeling as you're preparing to face the New England Patriots!

Actually, we DO know better.

And we understand and sympathize with the uncomfortable feeling of approaching calamity you surely must be feeling (and are currently exhibiting) at this moment.

If you win, you win, and congratulations, but realistically, I think you guys have a chance only in the sense of "on any given Sunday".

But thanks for the entertaining posts and threads - it gives us something to do while we wait for the inevitable Sunday Patriots' victory.

Cheers!

Funny thread. I only had to read about 2-3 pages to get the drift.

So, let's sum this up.

The Chargers have the better:

• Running Game
    Front Seven
    Pass Rushers
    Red Zone Offense

Did I leave any thing out? We don't belong on the same field, do we?

Other than, that's the way we like it. :D

Poor, underdog Pat's.

heh, heh, heh ......

Pat's 24
Dolts 17

Funny thread. I only had to read about 2-3 pages to get the drift.

So, let's sum this up.

The Chargers have the better:

• Running Game
    Front Seven
    Pass Rushers
    Red Zone Offense

Did I leave any thing out? We don't belong on the same field, do we?

Other than, that's the way we like it. :D

Poor, underdog Pat's.

heh, heh, heh ......

Pat's 24
Dolts 17

Thing is... by the time the game starts, the Pats will be considered the favorites. The bookies may not have the Chargers as underdogs, but the players will be thinking in that mode. Marty's record, Philip's lack of experience, #1 seed history, etc... So while some of my Charger brethren are spittin' crazy venom in here, it has no impact on the outcome Sunday.

This Charger team is stacked with talent, but they will not use that as an excuse to be unprepared to play. If they lose, it will be because of execution... not poor gameplanning... not Martyball. If they lose, it will be because the Pats are a better TEAM... which I don't think is the case.

But that's why they play the game.

Good post nicelbolt.

Truth be known, this game scares me - as did the Jets game. They are all winnable, and loseable.

Ain't the playoffs fun?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case